• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j2sax
    350 Buick
    • Mar 20, 2003

J10 Utility, mine, alllll mine!

Used the money from some recent sales to purchase this J10.

Has a terrible, almost rattle-can quality paint job, but has a freshly built 727 and a 360 built about 5 years ago. Runs STRONG, but the owner could not tell me anything about the rebuild other than the fact that it was .030 over and that it had to run on premium gas because of the 500 Holley 2 bbl (uuhhh, yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight). Anyway, what closed me on it was it ran very well (I towed my sons XJ 3 hours back home on the Interstate) and has ZERO rust in the cab. Even has FACTORY aluminum steps

Two bad things... when I filled up with gas, I suddenly noticed gas POURING out from the top of the gas tank... when I called the guy to ask... he said, "oh, yeah.... you got into the overflow ... I never put more than 13 Gallons in.... hmmm, gas overflow straight to the concrete... makes TOTAL sense!

Then, I noticed it running HOT! Right up to the "H" almost. I suspect the thermocoupler on the fan as it was erratic cooling according to engine speed and it is bent and loose. I think the timing will have more to do with it as both the pinging on reg gas and running hot are indicators of potential timing issues.

Regardless, as long as I kept it around 58MPH it stayed in the green.

Going to be scrapping the RHD J10 if it doesn't sell the next round on C-List... hate to see it go, but gotta make room for this one as it is a driver with almost no rust.

Have a great week,

Jesse
    [email protected]
    Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts
  • rmorit01
    350 Buick
    • Nov 13, 2004

Wow - that is loaded with storage boxes!

Looks very nice even with the rattle can paint job - nice score.
    79 Cherokee S

Comment

• s10 warrior
      230 Tornado
      • Aug 17, 2011

nice truck... i love finding out about the "oh yeah " issues

Comment

• jpcoutts
        304 AMC
        • Jun 28, 2002

That is one sweet rig. You'll work out the bugs in no time and be very happy with it I'm sure. Congrats!
        Jim C
        '67 J3000 Dually
        '86 J20
        '79 CJ5(in pieces)
        '86 CJ7 Doesn't need anything(so why do I have it?)
        Correction- it just needed a water pump!

Comment

• blake5179
          232 I6
          • Jan 07, 2011

Always fun to get something new. That things looks like a work horse with the tool boxes and ladder rack. What are the plans? keep it as a work truck/DD?
          1977 Cherokee
          360 V8 T18 Manual Dana 20 TC
          Lockers front and back
          Warn 5721 winch
          36" TSL's beadlocks
          Holley Fuel Injection
          Front manual hubs
          SOA and SF

Comment

• mweath1
            232 I6
            • May 04, 2010

what are ya asking for the postal j-10?

Comment

• Woodchomper
              350 Buick
              • Dec 17, 2002

Jesse...That has to be the cleanest FSJ you have ever owned. Great Score.
              1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
              1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

• j2sax
                350 Buick
                • Mar 20, 2003

Thanks, Rich. Actually the Bright red 86 Wagoneer I had was probably cleaner and the 86 J10 too. But this one is pretty cool!

Has the worst paint of the 3, but the most utility. Del and I had a pretty good time tonight.... hope your Jeep meeting was a good one!
                Last edited by j2sax; 09-13-2011, 10:51 PM.
                Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• j2sax
                  350 Buick
                  • Mar 20, 2003

$800 for the postal Jeep. If you're interested let me know, and I will put you next in line.

I may already have a deal working on it if the logisitics can be worked out. If not, I can get it to Wichita for some gas money... would just drive it, but then I would have no way home! Use "Search Posts" and "j2sax" to find the pics and info.

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                    Murphy's Law Poster Child
                    • Dec 03, 2003

Jesse that's CLEAN for a work truck!
                    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                    '88 GW
                    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• j2sax
                      350 Buick
                      • Mar 20, 2003

Thanks... another couple of excellent selling points... the cab is absolutely rust free.... not a spec underneath of inside (well, a little surface rust on the driver door sill, but I will fix that.

Even the back cab panels that hang precariously underneath are perfect. I am not a fan of "steps" but these factory steps seemed to have done a great job protecting the cab and fit far enough away where they did not trap debris causing rust the way I see many of them do.

The other unbeLIEVable sight that sold this is that there is absolutely NO leaks or even stains from weeping of ANY fluid on the diffs, engine or tranny. I could NOT pass that up!

My intent is to use this as a tow rig and all around hauler and I want to buy a slide in, popup camper for the bed. BUUUUT then Iwould have to remove all the boxes and rack, and I kind of like them! Thinking about doing one of those "Rooftop" tent setups that I could mount to the overhead rack with a little modification. We will see!

Comment

• Hippie Metal
                        327 Rambler
                        • Apr 11, 2009

If you scrap a postal J10, I will never forgive you..I'd sit on that until it was sold, no matter the burden
                        1984 GW T18/205

Originally posted by TheDude
                        Garrett called me maybe 30 minutes ago with a blown tire, but knowing PBR is on the line not much can stop us

Comment

• Brizio
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Apr 11, 2008

Nice! Congrats!
                          brizios.com
                          Small Scale Jeeps
                          Brizios

Comment

• jeepjerry
                            304 AMC
                            • Oct 12, 2008

Nice find Jesse!

Hey, it was good talking with you at cordova!
                            1977 J-20, 4bbl AMC 360/t-18,33"s.
                            1976 CJ-5, Healthy AMC 360/t-18, 6" lift, 35"s.
                            1972 Javelin SST, mild AMC 360. Under cunstruction.

AMC ya!!

Alfano Performance
                            Kenosha, WI 53142
                            http://www.alfanoperformance.com
                            For your AMC performance parts.

Comment

• j2sax
                              350 Buick
                              • Mar 20, 2003

So Hippie, if there is no burden too unbearable you might want to buy this thing (if the other 2 guys don't take it)! I have 3 Wags, 1 J20, 4 J10's (NOT including the Postal J10), 2 SX4's, 2 Kammbacks, 1 Eagle Wagon, 73 Commando with Waggie frame, 82 Spirit, 79 AMX, 80 AMX, 67 Rebel Wag.... so, if I am not saving enough of them, my wife just don't know it!

Selling 80 AMX, Spirit, the SX4's the Eagle and Rebel Wagons, J10's, couple of Wags... I just realized I'll never have time to work on them all! Gotta thin the herd and get ready to have a college kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X