• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wagoneerlover
    350 Buick
    • Jan 18, 2004

Coolant recovery bottle Hose

The hose for the coolant recovery bottle on my rig was clogged so I had to change it. Anyway should the hose actually be going down into the fluid (Near the bottom of the recovery bottle?) Or does it just need to enter the bottle a litte?) I feel that it should have to be near the bottom to keep vacuum. Secondly I am replacing this with some fuel line for now but where can I get some real coolant type hose to replace it?
    88 Grand wagoneer AMC 360 all stock
    89 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360 (Deceased)

Upgrades

1. Electric Radiator Fan 10/15/11
    2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

All completed long ago (cannot remember when)
    1. TBI
    2. New fuel tank
    3. AW-4 Transmission
    4. Aluminum condensor
    5. Custom Gauge Panel
  • mdill9
    350 Buick
    • Sep 21, 2004

needs to go to almost the bottom so it can suck
    fluid back out of the bottle when the engine
    cools, if it only goes part way in, it will defeat the
    whole idea of keeping air out of the system, as
    it will only suck air back in as the engine cools.

Mike D.

Comment

• tgreese
      • May 29, 2003

My local Ace Hardware has clear vinyl tubing by the foot. That would work fine, and is what comes with the replacement coolant tank kits. I think that Jeep uses a black plastic tubing, but it's probably just black vinyl.
      Tim Reese
      Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
      Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
      Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
      GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
      ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• dlowrance
        304 AMC
        • Feb 16, 2007

I'm not 100% on this but any old tubing should work for coolant return...using fuel line would be swatting a fly with a sledgehammer...but should also be just fine.
        Dale

79 WT Cherokee
        TH400
        D20 Twin Stick
        Unnamed as of yet....

Comment

• Frank
          327 Rambler
          • Jun 06, 2000

Originally posted by dlowrance
          I'm not 100% on this but any old tubing should work for coolant return...using fuel line would be swatting a fly with a sledgehammer...but should also be just fine.
          IF you can find the right diameter tubing... The local auto parts shop I frequent said he didn't have what I needed and referred me to a local mower/snowthrower supply house who gave me fuel line that fit nicely on both the radiator and in the recover tank. Yes, it extends down into the bottom of the recovery tank.

The original black rubber tubing was un-reinforced but the fuel line replacement should outlast the vehicle...
          Frank
          '88 Grand Wagoneer (Almond), "Sluggo" (RIP)
          '88 Grand Wagoneer, (Baltic Blue) "Sluggo II" (RIP)
          '89 Grand Wagoneer, (Dover Grey) "Sluggo III", keeping my hobby alive!

Comment

Originally posted by princecasanova
            i think you need to replace your coolant recovery tank too. before it affects some other parts on your jeep.
            spamming troll
            85 gw 215k and still going
            castrated(de-wooded)360 2" espo springs 31x10.5
            89 gw,free,almost legal

She can dance a Cajun rhythm,Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive,

the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

"Our militarized "law enforcement" has become the standing army our founders feared"

Comment

Working...
            X