International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Classifieds > "Look Here" for Parts, Vehicles and Vendors > For Sale: Complete Vehicles (Need not run, must be complete, no parting out)

Old 06-28-2020, 06:44 PM
230 Tornado

1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

I am selling my beautiful 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer because the engine is shot (short story, I ran it with way too little oil...) and I don’t have the skill to replace it. I brought it to a local Vintage shop that has worked on GW’s, and they confirmed all it needs is a new long block engine. I purchased it 3 years ago from Oklahoma and it was a great vehicle for me the entire time. Almost everything else on the Jeep is in great condition, so a perfect project for the right person.

I plan to list it on Craigslist also, but I thought I would give first dibs to this community, and also help me figure out a fair price range for this - I am hoping for $10K. What other details would you want?

Exterior: beautiful black (believe original color) paint - two tiny chips on hood the size of a dime each. Woodgrain and vinyl are Team Grand Wagoneer replica kits installed 3 years ago. Chrome is in great condition. No rust. NO RUST. I do not believe any rust has ever been repaired. The undercarriage is also very clean and has very few rust spots; frame is almost perfect. The leaf springs are a bit rusted but that’s to be expected.

Interior: original dash. Carpet, interior ceiling fabric, and seat upholstery have been replaced – extremely close match to original! A couple sections of seat upholstery were left as original – you can see slight wear. Radio has never worked for me but I’ve not really worked on it – somebody with electrical experience might be able to revive it.

Windows/doors: all are functional. Back tailgate glass can be a little finicky but it does go up and down. Tailgate opens and closes as it should. All doors, handles and locks work. All glass is pristine.

Mechanicals: Engine is not functional, as I mentioned. I had carb rebuilt 2 years ago. New gas shocks 3 years ago. Fuel tank removed and lines cleared 3 years ago. All gauges work except fuel indicator.

Tires/wheels: good condition.

It’s a really beautiful vehicle that is ready for its next adventure. Thanks for looking!

Check out the 27 pictures in link.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Xm227xq7Bu2jkVfJ7
Old 07-07-2020, 09:07 PM
230 Tornado

That is a nice GW!
Old 07-08-2020, 03:30 PM
230 Tornado

Very very sharp!

79 Cherokee

87 Wrangler
Old 07-08-2020, 04:31 PM

i think 10K is very reasonable even needing a motor. motor work is easy.

i wouldn't budge on the price.and i dont think you will need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

→ Where the kids hang out...

fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...
Old 07-08-2020, 10:45 PM
304 AMC

You can never go up on the price, but you can, come down. If it was mine, I would bump it up a bit. My two cents.

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
Old 07-09-2020, 04:23 AM
350 Buick

If your wanting to get 10k plus for a non running rig, why not swap in another motor? I am sure a used running motor is better than a non running motor and will help sell this vehicle.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:38 PM
out of order

I know of one guy that paid more even here in CA for a similar one.
If it doesn't sell sure drop price but honestly get as much as you can.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:20 PM
232 I6

Location?

Thanks

DN