Rolled my Wag in Arizona-Donor body found -recovery video posted -post #318 for link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J20 project
    304 AMC
    • Dec 27, 2000

Glad to hear all is well for all of the occupants..Our pups have a lot of faith in us..
    J20 project

build another there Flint and Krista..
    BP Drivetrain...........

Driveshafts for all Jeeps, Constant velocity rebuilds, Replacement, Repair
    775-537-7918

https://www.facebook.com/BPShafts/

Putting this back up. "Someone is gonna have to crawl under the rig"

Comment

• serehill
      Gone,Never Forgotten.
      • Nov 22, 2009

yeah Luna

Man I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you guys but it's great you guys & LUNA are OK. Lesson to everyone to get out & look spotting is a must.

80 Cherokee
      360 ci 727 with
      Comp cams 270 h
      NP208
      Edlebrock performer intake
      Holley 4180
      Msd total multi spark.
      4" rusty's springs
      Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• j20brett
        360 AMC
        • Jul 05, 2006

Wow glad to hear everyone is ok! Welcome back Luna!! Sorry, i have to ask, were both of you belted in?
        Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• jsinajeep
          304 AMC
          • Nov 26, 2005

Originally posted by Tad
          Thanks Jeff, and thank you to rstep also who had it posted on Tucson Off-Road.

I also want to give a big thanks and to Ralph's daughter Emily.
          With Jerry driving the rolled rig back we needed a driver for Jerry's rig, as frazzled and freaky as the situation was Emily came through like a trooper and drove an unfamialer rig out off the trail.

She's a hero just like everyone else is.

XX2
          http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• dlowrance
            304 AMC
            • Feb 16, 2007

Glad to hear Luna is home safe and sound and that you two are little/none the worse for wear...metal and mechanicals can be fixed/replaced...those we love not so much.
            Dale

79 WT Cherokee
            TH400
            D20 Twin Stick
            Unnamed as of yet....

Comment

• manimal
              327 Rambler
              • Oct 18, 2008

WOW, glad to hear you guys are ok,and that you found Luna.
              --------------------------------
              -Lance

Originally posted by REDONE
              Bring some wet-naps. I'm gonna lick everything you butt doesn't touch!!!!
              Originally posted by fulsizjeep
              Heck Yeah, I am an equal opportunity offender today and think we should all get bent.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                Señor Jackhead
                • Aug 21, 2002

Good morning friends. Thank you very much for the thoughts and prayers. Thank you for recovering Phoebe.

I give special thanks to Jason who jumped in, helped me remain calm and took care of my head injuries. He intercepted me right after I crawled out the window. THANK YOU JASON

A special thanks also to Ralph for taking us back out as many times as we wanted to look for Luna. He and I were getting ready to head back south out through Box Canyon when we stopped to look at a rolled quad that had been there since Sunday. We were about to get back in his Jeep when he pointed beyond me with big eyes and said "LOOK, LOOK, LOOK!" I spun around to see Luna walking up behind me. There was great joy in the following moments. THANK YOU RALPH

Krista and I were not belted. We had belts off and on that morning. The type of belts on this Jeep usually ratchet us down too tight while off road with the soft sprung bench seat. I know that is no excuse. Looking back on this deal, I really don't know how beneficial it would have been to be belted in. I did have a horrible few moments when I thought Krista had been ejected but she had gone over the seat in to the back. We will definitely be re-assessing seat belt needs.

Phoebe stayed strong and helped us survive the ordeal.
                RIP ~ 1977-2010
                Last edited by fulsizjeep; 11-23-2010, 08:41 AM.
                Flint
                Ran when parked.
                http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                  Señor Jackhead
                  • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by Joe Guilbeau
                  Uh...were you in a White Wagoneer?
                  Sunday we were in Rlphs yellow 88 GW. Yesterday we were in his white 79 Wag. Imagine that!

Glass - The tailgate window and passenger rear door glass blew out. The passenger front door is bent from the inside out and the glass will not go up. The rest is intact.
                  Last edited by fulsizjeep; 11-23-2010, 08:07 AM.
                  Flint
                  Ran when parked.
                  http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                  88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                  76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                  http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• CJ the noisemaker
                    304 AMC
                    • Nov 28, 2009

It's so good to hear from you Flint, and I am happy that Luna is back and safe.
                    Here are some recovery pics:

Changing the tire

CJ
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE] -1985 Ford LTD Country Squire "Rarity" - 302/AOD

Comment

• will e
                      Always Broke
                      • Nov 16, 2001

I always have my seat belt on but I also have a 6 point safety harness that I put on 'for the scary/difficult stuff'. Thing is, we were on a nice condition trail, it wasn't scary, it wasn't difficult, it just goes to show that it can happen at any time. I am going to be more dilligent about having my harness on. The trouble with it is, once you are strapped in, you literally cannot even lean forward and I can't touch things like the radio.

I am going to see if I can set it up so most everything I need to reach while moving is within reach while I am strapped in.

I am also going to look into a roll bar. Rusty sells one for the Cherokee's. I am not sure how good it is or if I should have something made. These old rigs hold up pretty good to a rollover (or two) but we are sometimes in places where the rolling could go on for a while.
                      82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• rustywagoneers_com
                        304 AMC
                        • Feb 02, 2006

I will repeat the popular chorus. Glad the y'all are safe, glad the pup is home, sad to see pheobe go.

But it beats rusting away in a junkyard LONG way.
                        There is no way to rule innocent men.
                        The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
                        Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.
                        One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.

Comment

• gas4blood
                          327 Rambler
                          • Sep 29, 2009

I will add to the comments already left and say that I am glad to hear it all turned out okay!
                          Currently FSJ-less. For the second time...........

Comment

• AnnieL
                            304 AMC
                            • Nov 07, 2004

Dear God, how far was the drop? Looks like quite a ways down... (gulp)
                            ~AnnieL ~

"I think, therefore I'm single.?

Director: Mojave Desert Animal Rescue
                            http://www.AnimalResQ.org

~'89 GW- "Harsh Mistress " BJ's 4 Inch Lift, 31" Bridgestone REVOS, Quick Disconnect Swaybars, Pro Comp shocks...and...crappy paint!

Comment

• letank
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Jun 03, 2002

Ooooouch, at least you are all OK.
                              Michel
                              74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                              85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• WWI Flying Ace
                                232 I6
                                • Feb 10, 2010

Originally posted by asphaltrockdweller
                                Praise god!

I kept looking on here to see if they had found her.
                                I am so so happy inside right now!
                                Me too...so happy for you all, and happy for the puppy to be home too! Thanksgiving will be very special for you guys this year!

Congrats! And thanks to everyone that kept looking for her in the back country...you have made my day! Well done all!
                                1981 Jeep Wagoneer
                                2007 Jeep Commander
                                1973 AMC Javelin AMX
                                2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
                                2001 Buick Century

?I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed.?
                                -Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X