• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep club 2008 Fall Fling

Here we go again.
    This year's Fall Fling will be held the weekend of October 11, 12 & 13 at Rausch Creek Offroad Park. We've been there quite a few times and everyone seems to enjoy it.
    Take a look at their website for details http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/index.php
    The fees for Rausch Creek are:
    Drivers and passengers age 16 and up are required to become members of the park which costs $10 per year and is good for one year from the date you join. Membership cards are given out when you join.
    Children age 15 and younger are free, however, we require a parental waiver. All members under the age of 18 also require a parental waiver.
    The daily entrance fee is $30.00 for the vehicle and driver. Passengers age 16 and up are $5.00 each (When a passenger joins the park, the $5.00 fee is waived that day). We offer free primitive camping for our members.
    Many of us camp there for the weekend, if you're going to be camping remember to bring water, there is no water available at the park. Keep in mind it's going to be mid-October so extra sleeping bags and/or blankets will be a good idea. Bring plenty of warm clothes.
    Everyone will be responsible for their own food and beverages for the weekend.
    The MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club charges no fees or dues for attending any of our events.
    Please let me know if you plan on attending and which days you plan on being there so I can let the folks at Rausch Creek know how many to expect.
    Hope to see you all at Rausch Creek.
    Last edited by 91G-Dub; 09-07-2008, 02:21 PM.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • Greenfire
    350 Buick
    • Nov 13, 2004

I'll be considering this one. Will let you know in Oct.
    1984 J10

Comment

• FSJkid90
      230 Tornado
      • Sep 07, 2008

As long as I can get my Waggy fixed I'll be there. I was wanting to try and make it to RC that weekend so this just gives me more reason to get it fixed and be there.

Comment

• JeepinPete
        304 AMC
        • Dec 09, 2003

I will be there one day at least.
        Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
        Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
        Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• Greenfire
          350 Buick
          • Nov 13, 2004

Originally posted by FSJkid90
          As long as I can get my Waggy fixed I'll be there. I was wanting to try and make it to RC that weekend so this just gives me more reason to get it fixed and be there.
          Welcome aboard
          1984 J10

Comment

• 91G-Dub
            360 AMC
            • Aug 21, 2004

It'll be good to see some new folks joining in with us.
            Welcome
            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
              It'll be good to see some new folks joining in with us.
              Welcome
              Do I qualify as "new" since I missed the last couple of events?

So far it looks like I'm in.

JR
              [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
              1966 mustang fastback
              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                360 AMC
                • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Headhoncho
                Do I qualify as "new" since I missed the last couple of events?

So far it looks like I'm in.

JR
                How about re-tread?

You haven't been new in way too many years
                91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• CRASH076
                  232 I6
                  • Jan 31, 2003

Well It's looking like I might make this one. After almost 6 years of sitting it's time to get my Chero done! At least enough to wheel

More than likely I'll be only a one day rider but it's better than nothing right?

Hope I can make it!
                  88 Wagoneer. All stock...for now!

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                    360 AMC
                    • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by CRASH076
                    Well It's looking like I might make this one. After almost 6 years of sitting it's time to get my Chero done! At least enough to wheel

More than likely I'll be only a one day rider but it's better than nothing right?

Hope I can make it!
                    One day in the woods is better than no days in the woods.

We'll be leaving both Sat & Sun mornings at around 9:00AM, probably coming back to the campground for lunch then out on the trails again till whenever.

If you want to contact us PM me for my cell #

Hope to see you there.
                    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• FSJkid90
                      230 Tornado
                      • Sep 07, 2008

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
                      One day in the woods is better than no days in the woods.

We'll be leaving both Sat & Sun mornings at around 9:00AM, probably coming back to the campground for lunch then out on the trails again till whenever.

One day in the woods i better than 5 days of wrok!!!

What kind of trails are you planning on running?

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                        360 AMC
                        • Aug 21, 2004

One day in the woods i better than 5 days of wrok!!!

What kind of trails are you planning on running?
                        Depends on who shows up and how brave they are.

Usually some of the easy stuff and some of the rougher/tougher stuff for the "Big Dogs".
                        91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 83 chif
                          327 Rambler
                          • Sep 01, 2005

i'm down

well my girlfriend, myself and my...eh hem...toyota...should make it out there for atleast a day. sorry i missed the pines trip, but my calender should be clear for this one. it'll be good to see everyone again....
                          - Doug

MY HEEP:
                          daily driver 83' Chero Cheif WT, 3" lift, 6.2L diesel, Getrag 5-speed, NP241, 33" TSLs (scratch that, i sold them to get money to finish the diesel swap), a Superwinch 9K

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                            360 AMC
                            • Aug 21, 2004

Doug, hope you can make it. Remember to bring pretzels.
                            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                              360 AMC
                              • Aug 21, 2004

3 week countdown

Only 3 weeks to go until our Fall Fling at Rausch Creek, hope you're all getting your Full Size Jeeps ready to go.
                              One of our Honorary Members (David Frankenhauser) sent this message to me that I thought might interest some of you:
                              "Bill
                              That is so cool because an organization I am also involved in will be there that weekend too. The Steel Soldiers will be bringing in a number of old military vehicles to be camping there as well. I am sure all of your folks would hit it off with them too they are a great bunch of folks. When I finally get home from Korea I will be making the most to get to your events since I will most likely be retired then I may even have time to get the Cherokee Chief fixed up and running to attend in.
                              God bless and please take lots of pictures.
                              My AKO limits the number of people that I can reply to so if you would like to forward this to all the others that would be fine.
                              Very Respectfully,
                              David"

Looks like there will be some interesting trucks (besides ours) at Rausch Creek.
                              Hope to see lots of you there.
                              91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X