X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepfan93
    304 AMC
    • Feb 07, 2006

We plan on being there but fighting an overheating issue right. I'll see if we can get it fixed. Very busy for the next 2 weeks, then hopefully FINALLY moving to the new shop in August.
    Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
    >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
    87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
    1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• Suddendeath
      327 Rambler
      • Dec 26, 2010

Originally posted by jeepfan93
      We plan on being there but fighting an overheating issue right. I'll see if we can get it fixed. Very busy for the next 2 weeks, then hopefully FINALLY moving to the new shop in August.
      Awesome news on the new shop Lou.

First sign of crazy water like last year, and I'm hooking my OBA up to my transmission and rear diff. Figure 4-5 psi and I'll be good.
      1990 GW:
      Mopar 440/727/229/D44F&R
      10:1, XE250H, DIY TBI. 4.10 locked f/r, SOA/SF, high steer, all the other fancy goodies. Check out my build on FSJNETWORK.

Comment

• Greenfire
        350 Buick
        • Nov 13, 2004

Originally posted by Suddendeath
        Awesome news on the new shop Lou.

First sign of crazy water like last year, and I'm hooking my OBA up to my transmission and rear diff. Figure 4-5 psi and I'll be good.
        Can I hook up too. I STILL have water in my transmission.
        1984 J10

Comment

• jeepfan93
          304 AMC
          • Feb 07, 2006

LMAO
          Originally posted by Greenfire
          Can I hook up too. I STILL have water in my transmission.
          >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done

Comment

• jeepfan93
            304 AMC
            • Feb 07, 2006

Think the overheating is due to several things. Heads shaved too much. Plus motor may not be quite right still. Plus fan shroud I won from last year isn't full around fan. and sits 3/4" from the radiator. I'll bending up some aluminum tomorrow (maybe) and see if that helps. Might also get a bigger trans cooler. A couple of people mentioned it. On the plus side my new wheels form M/T arrived today. Just need to order and install new rear springs and I'll see if I'm getting bigger tires or not.

Comment

• Headhoncho
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by jeepfan93
              Think the overheating is due to several things. Heads shaved too much. Plus motor may not be quite right still. Plus fan shroud I won from last year isn't full around fan. and sits 3/4" from the radiator. I'll bending up some aluminum tomorrow (maybe) and see if that helps. Might also get a bigger trans cooler. A couple of people mentioned it. On the plus side my new wheels form M/T arrived today. Just need to order and install new rear springs and I'll see if I'm getting bigger tires or not.
              How's the fan clutch?

JR
              [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
              1966 mustang fastback
              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• jeepfan93
                304 AMC
                • Feb 07, 2006

Brand new when I put the motor in last year. Remember Jeep in the Vinyard when I was over heating and running an electric fan? Went and got a HD fan clutch (2797) and new fan blade from TGW. Seems to only be when I'm idling for more than 20 minutes with the air on. As soon as I start moving moving it cools back down to the first line after the blue area on the temp gauge. Verified with a laser thermometer only a 20* difference between the upper and lower hoses. I can't really feel the air being pulled in from the grille so I know I have an air flow issue. Also I think moving the radiator closer to the grille to fit the electric fan might have moved it to close to the A/C condensor and not allowing proper flow, not sure about that though.
                Originally posted by Headhoncho
                How's the fan clutch?

JR

Comment

• Suddendeath
                  327 Rambler
                  • Dec 26, 2010

Just installed my new lockright and ordered up some parts to build my high steer linkages (2234, 2027, 2233 TRE's, 7/8-18 inserts, etc) since I needed new tie rods anyway. Took a stupid step backwards by walloping one of my rear wheel seals during rear-axle reassembly new seal and bearing is on the way.

I've got some work to get done, but I'm really looking forward to this years jeep in.

Good luck on the overheating issue Lou, if you need a third hand or a second set of eyes let me know and I'll swing up once I get my Waggy's rear axle back together.
                  1990 GW:
                  Mopar 440/727/229/D44F&R
                  10:1, XE250H, DIY TBI. 4.10 locked f/r, SOA/SF, high steer, all the other fancy goodies. Check out my build on FSJNETWORK.

Comment

• jeepfan93
                    304 AMC
                    • Feb 07, 2006

I think I got it under control. I used some thin gauge aluminum to finish enclosing the fan in the shroud. You know how the shroud has bottom open? Also the top of the shroud doesn't seal against the radiator. On mine there is a 1.5" gap. So more thin gauge was used to seal that up. So far so good. Now it only gets to operating twmp while idling for a while. I'll need another couple of 100 degrees days to confim, but seems to be working. I'll get some .063 or .045 aluminum and make permanant pieces before the jeep in. Now I can throw a rag in front of the grille and it gets sucked in

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                      360 AMC
                      • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
                      I've contacted all of last year's Sponsors and have already gotten quite a few positive responses. In the process now of prospecting for new ones.

These sponsors have sent donations for this year's event:
                      4WD Hardware, AGR Performance, Borgenson Steering, Dick Cepek Tires, Drive Offroad, Hi-Lift Jack, Jersey Shore Fabricators, Lund Vent Visor, MCR Safety, Mickey Thompson Tires, Mile Marker, Painless Performance, Pittbull Tires, Randy's Ring & Pinion, Spider Trax, Tembo Tusk, Viking Offroad & Workshop Hero.

Be sure to check the 1st page of this thread often for an updated list of sponsors. I only add names after I have received donations.
                      91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
                      1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
                      It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• arter
                        327 Rambler
                        • Jan 07, 2001

Thanks for pulling this together together yet again Bill! The canopy at the FH is OOS, I think somebody scrapped the poles not knowing what they went to, but no worries, I have another one, or two if need be, lined up down outside of Batsto. Get a campsite yet?
                        M715NT; TBI 401, 400, 1339, 44's, 4.10's, ARB's, 35's, wag frame

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                          360 AMC
                          • Aug 21, 2004

That canopy will be a life-saver Art, 2 would be even better. Never know what the weather Gods will bring but we can probably count on later afternoon or early evening showers (it's South Jersey in the summertime after all).
                          I'm going to touch base with PineyMike and see about setting up a Trail Scouting trip or 2. If anybody is interested in helping out let me know.
                          91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• arter
                            327 Rambler
                            • Jan 07, 2001

Already gotten the OK to use them, we'll just need to pick them up prior to the trip, maybe during one of the scoutings, place isn't far from Batsto Village.
                            M715NT; TBI 401, 400, 1339, 44's, 4.10's, ARB's, 35's, wag frame

Comment

• jeepfan93
                              304 AMC
                              • Feb 07, 2006

Count me in Bill. And I may have a 10x20 canopy (instant garage) if needed.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                                360 AMC
                                • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by arter
                                Already gotten the OK to use them, we'll just need to pick them up prior to the trip, maybe during one of the scoutings, place isn't far from Batsto Village.
                                Sounds like a plan Art.
                                91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X