International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Build Threads

Old 11-13-2017, 12:02 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Yikes, I just went to the first page. Ah the memories

They were there to see. I have been concerned about PB wrecking the thread. I am not sure why they did not show for you. Hopefully it is something simple.

Fusion 360 has stopped working well on my laptop. Claims of an outdated graphics driver. Attempts to update them have not worked so far. I was hoping to work on the file here at home. I have grid mapped the doors to make sure the laser cuts are where they are supposed to be. I will probably go back in a day or three and continue on at Makerpoint. Lots to do.

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 and 71 project J trucks
1953 Willy's wagon
And a few more providing high end housing for mice.
Jeepers Disease, The uneasy feeling of being on dry pavement.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:56 PM
Master Mechanic

They all work for me. I'm a paying customer until I expire. Dunno if that makes a difference.

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:45 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTD
They all work for me. I'm a paying customer until I expire. Dunno if that makes a difference.

I think it was just a hiccup for him. They seem fine so far (crossing fingers).

1969 1414X Wag,
1953 Willy's wagon
Old 11-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Well I put another 4 hours into making a front door panel on Fusion 360 for the laser cutter. I am just about done and almost ready for a cardboard test fit. If it flies then I will laser out one from a fiber board panel. Hope so...

I spent the day catching up with a lot of little stuff. Some of it not intentional. I ended up cutting the hot air riser from the 70 outside and made it so it will work with the 4 barrel air cleaner that Sadie is getting. It was super thick metal probably 14 gauge. It took some serious pounding to make it round.

A test fit before high temp cast paint. I will be able to route a 2 inch flex hose over the valve cover now.

And I picked up the newly machined exhaust manifold yesterday. Along with a collection of high strength studs for the manifolds and the hood hinges. No one had the studs around here that were right. I sand blasted all the exhaust parts and painted them with hi temp cast paint.

Then decided to test the cerakote satin nickle and was pleased. It s real close to the finish that came on the parts. The shift indicator. It was hard to get most of the casting flaws out of the part. It looks good though. I had to put clear gloss on it for a shine.

The satin nickle on the trans adapter bar with no clear. I had some extra...

I was going to sand down the horn ring still trying to decide if I was using this one or the horn bar with the bar across the bottom of the steering wheel. This came out so well after 600, 800 then 1200 grit I ended up clear glossing it. It looked to nice to paint. I think I will use this one as it looks great.

A new NOS wiper switch and an NOS heater switch showed up. And the new high strength hood mounting studs. Those will keep the hood attached to the hinges in the event of a severe front collision. No point in letting the hood come through the windshield if it can be avoided.

I also located and ordered a 3 foot section of 2 inch wide 1/32 thick adhesive backed neoprene for the ends of the dash panel. I assume this was to prevent squeaks while driving between the dash and body. I located it at MSC Direct. A great company that has just about everything for metal tooling.

It snowed all day. No real accumulation so far. Our 15 inch first dump is down to a soggy 6 inches. And there is a large cougar that my neighbor had a conversation with at 15 feet in the area again. It came from behind a tree and sat down and stared at him. Staring down the barrel of a 30-30 he said you go your way I will go mine. The cougar showed no fear. It wandered off without making a sound. It must not have been hungry. My neighbor went home to clean his shorts.
We now have it on a game camera. One tall order of situational awareness please.

More soon.

1969 1414X Wag,
1953 Willy's wagon

Last edited by Kaiserjeeps : 11-15-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:30 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Here kitty kitty....

1969 1414X Wag,
1953 Willy's wagon
Old 11-15-2017, 07:51 PM
Grease Monkey

Good looking kitty! Healthy. Must have a lot of deer around. Please send her to me. I have a LOT of deer around.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ziebert
Good looking kitty! Healthy. Must have a lot of deer around. Please send her to me. I have a LOT of deer around.

Most of the deer have left. Except I saw one last night slowly crossing the property. It had better head south. Soon there should be at least 4 feet of snow. Can't move around much when it is that deep. Unless you are a moose. Nothing slows them down.

1969 1414X Wag,
1953 Willy's wagon
Old 11-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Well another day in the jeepin life. I obtained enough correct fasteners to button up the motor mounts, shock towers, suspension bump stops and the towers they mount to. The firewall is getting loaded up. I put a reman wiper motor on. And I found out why the wipers did not work well at all years ago. The drive arm was near stripped out. The motor shaft was also ruined. Off to the shipping container of jeep parts nirvana to find a perfect one just sitting there. I did not even need a wrench.

I made more parts black. It's purdy.

More stuff.

I can't wait to mount the very rare chrome clock in the glove box door.

The powder coating is done on the 5 wheels I took to town. They tried to upcharge me again. I told them before hand I need a solid quote as I had done this to Bill too many times. I pushed back and got the same price.
I will probably pick them up tomorrow. It is a long drive.

I am also waiting on a return call on a cheap old used stove. The hi temp cast paint says to cure it at 400 degrees. If I don't it will most likely burn off and look bad. I hope to pick up a stove right quick so I can put the darn motor in.

I am also looking for 1/8th and 3/4 thick self adhesive foam for the heater box. For the interior heater doors and joining the fan box to the distribution box. The seals are shot. I'll go take a look around online.

More soon.

1969 1414X Wag,
1953 Willy's wagon
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Made a road trip today. Just got home with these. Fresh powder coat with a heavy duty clear gloss powder coating over that.

With an unrestored hub cap on. Pow!

They turned out way better than the last company that did a set for me.

1969 1414X Wag,
1953 Willy's wagon