• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • War Wagon
    350 Buick
    • Feb 26, 2002

Originally posted by Stuka
    Call me crazy, but that almost looks more like a solder or braze than a weld. Very odd looking. Were the splines on the trans side ok?
    Nope, gone too, I got a lot of rusty powder out of the transfer case input shaft when I cleaned it out with brake cleanner. That was the splines at one time. LOL.

I do have options, put the drive train out of The Compost Heep 360/727/208 in the truck. Put the drive train from The War Buggy in it, fuel injected 360/T18a/Klune/205 twin stick. Or I could just find another T177/208 and call it good.

Jim
    I may not be good but I am good at it.

78 Wagoneer "The War Wagon"
    81 J10 Truggy "The War Buggy"
    83 J10 Sport Side
    CFSJC Uwharrie Rep.
    07 JK 2dr Rubicon
    09 JK Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

• Headhoncho
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by CROCKETTBOONE
      Ford and Chevys are called stepsides. Jeeps have always been called Sportsides.

Look it up.

That's ok, I call mine a Utiline bed.

JR
      [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
      1966 mustang fastback
      '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by War Wagon
        Here is a picture if the trans to transfer case adaptor.

Could of been out of alinement a bit and that is why the splines stripped off.
        With that much crack it probably spread open and the bolts came loose, allowing the splines to skip and destroy each other.
        Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
        X