X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShagWagon
    350 Buick
    • Apr 10, 2016

I wanted to be able to check and change it out easier. So I moved it to the front and mounted it on my power steering bracket to keep it cool and out of the way between the hard line and the front of my TB fuel intake.

The pump comes with a screen type filter that sit at bottom of the tank right on the end of the pump. I didn't include it in the pic.
    87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• KdkGrizz
      232 I6
      • Jul 18, 2014

Originally posted by babywag
      Main issue is size of the tank opening, it is VERY small.
      I've been running an in tank pump for years (2011), getting it installed wasn't too bad. Many other folks have done it as well, methods and pumps vary.

This is what mine ready to install looked like...

This is what I used for mock-up.

I believe Novak sells a DIY pump/sender now, it's expensive IMHO, for what you get. They gotta make $ though.

Did you have to make any mods to the Novak pump and pickup, or did it drop right in at the right depth?
      Kodi

82 WAGONEER It's a project
      360ci 727 and NP208

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese...

Comment

• ShagWagon
        350 Buick
        • Apr 10, 2016

I think Tony made that one himself.

He has a write up somewhere how to do it. It is quite inspiring.

I priced up to be $160 or so with hi pressure pump 60+psi

Lower pressure ones are much cheaper.
        87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• KdkGrizz
          232 I6
          • Jul 18, 2014

Ok feeling a little dumb here. The Holley wants a keyed 12v source that is constant when cranking. Which makes sense. My question is, is there a circuit in the fuse box? Or do I need to dig into the steering column and find the elusive pink wire?
          Kodi

360ci 727 and NP208

Comment

• babywag
            out of order
            • Jun 08, 2005

One of the duraspark wires is hot in run and crank.
            The 2-wire plug.
            I use that wire on a relay, so system(s) get battery voltage.
            Tony
            88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• KdkGrizz
              232 I6
              • Jul 18, 2014

Originally posted by babywag
              One of the duraspark wires is hot in run and crank.
              The 2-wire plug.
              I use that wire on a relay, so system(s) get battery voltage.
              Tony, thanks for the suggestion. Worked great. When you say you run it on a relay. Can you give a little more info on that?
              Kodi

360ci 727 and NP208

Comment

• babywag
                out of order
                • Jun 08, 2005

Instead of using that wire as is to power system.
                I use the wire to trigger a relay, so system gets full battery juice.
                Tony

Comment

• KdkGrizz
                  232 I6
                  • Jul 18, 2014

Ahh ok I get it. You fed the relay terminal 30 with the dura wire. And then tied the EFI into 87. So question are you running a CD box ? I chose to let the EFI to CPU control the timing by locking out my msd distributor, as well as removing the vacuum advance. Starts and idles fine but heavy throttle acts like a timing issue had a couple small backfires which scares my EFI is too expensive to damage it like that. Maybe I am expecting too much from the Waggy
                  Kodi

360ci 727 and NP208

Comment

• babywag
                    out of order
                    • Jun 08, 2005

No I'm running GM TBI w/ timing control.
                    Timing control may need some tweaking to get correct for your system?

If it's backfiring out the throttle body under heavy load, could also be a lean condition. The AMC likes a pretty good shot of fuel when you mash the skinny pedal.

Need to offer up way more info/details for any real/useful troubleshooting...if you desire?
                    Systems need to be tuned to work properly.
                    Tony

Comment

• KdkGrizz
                      232 I6
                      • Jul 18, 2014

82 Waggy 360 with compams 260h cam. MSD 6AL, MSD Pro Billet distributor that is locked out mechanically and vacuum removed per instructions. Initial timing is set to same position before the EFI was installed 15’. During setup I chose the option to let the ECU control the timing. It didn’t ask for initial value only WOT value. Starts and idles fine, but stalled as soon as I but it in gear. I went back to the setup menu changed the option from CD controller to Magnetic distributor. This caused it to not start. I am sure it’s all in the timing, I am just drawing a blank. Sorry for the novel ��
                      Kodi

360ci 727 and NP208

Comment

• KdkGrizz
                        232 I6
                        • Jul 18, 2014

I think I got it. I found an article on Holley’s website. It was buried but I found it. Hopefully tomorrow will tell.
                        Kodi

360ci 727 and NP208

Comment

Working...
                        X