Lift question AGAIN!... front springs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • racer32
    258 I6
    • Aug 15, 2002

Lift question AGAIN!... front springs....

alright i searched the archives and the tech forum and i still can't find the right answer. i think i've decided to do a shackle flip in the rear but i need to know what i can do to the front to make it sit somewhat level. i only want like around 3" so what are my options for the front? longer shackles? i know i can put in an AAL but i'd like to do this as cheaply (read inexpensively) as possible. any ideas? someone must have done something like this before....

thanks guys....
    89 XJ
    85 Wag
  • Iron Horse
    350 Buick
    • Jan 20, 2001

Well you could do a spring over (SOA) but that will net you 6-7" of lift. I would say your two best options are either a nice soft add-a-leaf or new springs from ESPO with 3" added in. Really research the add-a-leafs....most of them make for a super stiff ride.

DO NOT go with longer front shackles....funky, dangerous steering probs will arise. To get a 3" lift out of shackles you would need to MAKE 6" LONGER THAN STOCK shackles......see where I'm going here = BAD IDEA.

EDIT:

A note on your rear shackle flip:
    If you only flip the rear Shackle two things will happen. 1.) Your Pinion angle will change significantly...that means bad vibrations and increased parts wear. 2.) You will move the centerline of axel forward, possibly causing some tire to fender contact @ the front of the rear fender.

[ October 24, 2002, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Iron Horse ]
    Andy<br /><br />Iron Horse: 1987 GW 360/TF727/NP229/D44\'s F/R,TFI upgrade, 35x12.5 MTR\'s, Rhino grill, no wood, & Rusty\'s 6\" lift.<br />~Soon to have:<br />More goodies than I have money for.

Comment

• tc
      258 I6
      • Jan 08, 2002

If you only want a 3" lift maybe a body lift is in mind. Only about $80 at jcwhitney. I've even heard of pepole making them for about $30.
      "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

Comment

Working...
      X