• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slim
    327 Rambler
    • Nov 18, 2003

LED tail lights?

anyone every try or have installed theses ?

LED 1157 bulbs

replacement LED for 1157 bulbs?

[ January 03, 2006, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Slim ]
    77 Cherokee chief ,360 cid,quadra-trac,chopped /bobbed 12" , 8point cage, front exo ,d60frt 14bolt rear ,38.5x14.5x16.5 on beadlocks ,frt & RR winch,OBA ,SOA,shackle flip rear

** Island Rock Crawlers**

4WDABC Member
    BCWF Member
  • JeepsAndGuns
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 18, 2003

Sure do! I have them in my 79 cherokee. They work great. Some may need a new flasher. I already had a new on on mine so no problems. But without a variable resistance flasher, your signal lights wont work.
    79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
    93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• mark32725
      232 I6
      • Nov 18, 2002

Put them in my Impala SS and found they didnt light the whole taillight up just showed a dot there the bulb was, so make sure you get the ones that with the rear facing leds also to light the reflector...
      84 Grand Wagoneer, 440/727/205, trimmed fenders, altered wheelbase, Dana 60HP Front, Dana 70 Rear, 37" Boggers, and Hydraulic winch

Comment

• El Jefe
        350 Buick
        • Feb 04, 2005

i heard they are not that good, like mark said, doesnt illuminate the whole thing, plus they supposedly burn out quickly.
        Alex

76 Cherokee Chief
        350/th400/d20
        d44/14b
        4" lift, 35 inch retreads

Comment

• FSJ Guy
          • Mar 20, 2005

I was not impressed with them. They don't put out the same light that regular bulbs do. If your lens isn't designed for LED's, it doesn't work out right. With regards to tail lights, and esp. BRAKE lights, I want the schmo behind me to REALLY KNOW when I'm braking. I stick with the regular ones. That said, I have "real" truck style LED's on my 715. They're really bright if you're RIGHT BEHIND the truck. So I added some generic trailer lights for when you're not right behind it. Much wider range of visibility.
          Ethan Brady
          1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• Slim
            327 Rambler
            • Nov 18, 2003

thanks for the input,,
            I was thinkin of the 6-1/2x 2 1/4 tail/stop lights or the 4-1/2" rnd LED's but seemed like alot of $$$$ for a Trail Rig,, I mostly every only drive to and from the trail ,,

thats why the bulbs seems like an ok deal ,

hmm still rethinkin here I guess
            77 Cherokee chief ,360 cid,quadra-trac,chopped /bobbed 12" , 8point cage, front exo ,d60frt 14bolt rear ,38.5x14.5x16.5 on beadlocks ,frt & RR winch,OBA ,SOA,shackle flip rear

** Island Rock Crawlers**

4WDABC Member
            BCWF Member

Comment

• Maryland Rick
              232 I6
              • Jan 15, 2007

Slim:
              Did you ever install the LED tail lights???

Rick

Comment

• elbastardo
                327 Rambler
                • Oct 04, 2005

So what about the tractor trailor style LEDs, Dont mean to hijack.....To much, but how do they work on a FSJ?

Comment

i have the bj's LED conversion on my cherk, it is a large board so it lights up the whole lens and is super bright. but i am having a bit of a problem with them pulsing when the brakes are first applied though. i'll try a new electronic flasher and hopefully it will clear up.

Al
                  79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
                  99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
                  07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

• FSJ Guy
                    • Mar 20, 2005

Originally posted by AlsChopShop
                    i have the bj's LED conversion on my cherk, it is a large board so it lights up the whole lens and is super bright. but i am having a bit of a problem with them pulsing when the brakes are first applied though. i'll try a new electronic flasher and hopefully it will clear up.

Al

Show us some pix! In the dark AND at night. Use the flash on your camera so the picture isn't blurry @ night.
                    Ethan Brady
                    1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• mark
                      304 AMC
                      • Jun 14, 2000

Ive been having lotsa trouble with my tail lights.the pass side would constantly stop working when I put the brakes on.if I wiggled the bulb it would come on but soon do the same thing after a day or so.ive cleaned the socket the best I could even put steel wool on a screwdriver and twisted it in the socket.i bought a set of these leds at autozone and put them in yesterday.everything seemed to work great and I am very happy with them but without any other lights on everything flashes when I put a blinker on.even the dash lights blink.
                      is this an easy fix?
                      mark<br />76 cherokee chief<br />chevy 502 t-400 np-205<br />dana 60 front corp 14 bolt rear<br />fiberglass fenders and quarters<br />(ABOVE THE LAW)(AND UNDER CONSTRUCTION)<br /> http://<br />&#91;URL=http://www.fsjworl...91;/URL]<br />

Comment

• memo43
                        232 I6
                        • Mar 02, 2016

I tried them cleaned out my housings, sprayed them with chrome paint to help with the reflection, still where not bright enough for all the tailgating teens.
                        I did this conversion

for a third brake light I used some aluminum angle strip and tape am LED strip light wired straight to the brake lights even with the window up the brake light can be seen

Memo
                        US Marine
                        First jeep ever and loving every second

Comment

Working...
                        X