• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

reproduction door VIN decal

Does anyone reproduce the drivers door VIN decal? If so where can I get one made.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • Crankyolman
    350 Buick
    • Sep 27, 2017

'72 J4500

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I did a little searching on the line but did not like what I found.
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Tripwire
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Jul 30, 2000

perhaps this is a grey area? i would weigh the consequences of the penalty if there is any trickery involved? just because they make them does NOT get you off the hook. i would imagine even if its a exact duplicate of the original one its not "the" original VIN sticker

just a thought......
        Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

nothing wrong with replacing stickers, the metal tags are the ones you can, but shouldn?t replace.
          bearcreek is mediocre quality and won?t be very close match.
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Tripwire
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Jul 30, 2000

thanks tony
            Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• 440sixpack
              327 Rambler
              • Jul 21, 2016

On Mopar's the outfit ( ESC Automotive ) that does it is licensed through Chrysler. they are perfect. for Jeep it would have to be licensed through Chrysler as well to be legal. I'm not sure if they do Jeep or not.

Even then they will only reproduce a door VIN sticker if you send them a clear picture of the original.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

Thanks for the replies, 440 I think it is ECS Automotive if anyone is interested. The only reason I'am asking is that mine is in really bad shape and hard to read. Not looking for any trickery or changes on the tag, just a nicer one for the restore. Also have never had any title transfer company come out and even eyeball a vehicle I was buying or selling, much less look at a door VIN sticker.
                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• babywag
                  out of order
                  • Jun 08, 2005

You could try rolling your own as well, and having it printed.
                  IIRC CristClapper went that route with his restoration?
                  Tony
                  88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• 440sixpack
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jul 21, 2016

If ECS makes the sticker you need you will like it. they are flat perfect. they made one for my '70 Road Runner and it would pass as original.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                      304 AMC
                      • Jul 20, 2014

Ordered my new VIN decal from Bearcreek. Said it could take 4 to 6 weeks, not going to be a problem for my build. As for the quality, I'am sure it will be as good as the factory ones. Which are not very good. This is what mine looked like before removal.
                      1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• merrill77
                        230 Tornado
                        • Jul 17, 2017

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                        Also have never had any title transfer company come out and even eyeball a vehicle I was buying or selling, much less look at a door VIN sticker.
                        When I brought my '77 to North Carolina, I had to take it to a special DMV office. When I took it there, I thought they were worried about old junkers that were a public safety concern. But NC apparently is pretty concerned about people "laundering" old cars through the state with forged high-value VINs.

There was a guy at that office whose job was validating VIN plates. Before going out to the car, he grabbed a book and jotted down a few notes. He knew where the VIN tag should be, how many rivets and where on the plate they should be, he measured the plate, and did a bunch of other checks. Anything older than 30 years has to go through that inspection when it comes into the state.

Comment

• RamJetFSJ
                          350 Buick
                          • Jul 18, 2001

The stickers are not the legal VIN plate, and can be replaced as needed. They are just an informational sticker.

Now if you were to put something on that had a different VIN from your plate, thats another story.

My 80 sticker was completely worn away, you couldn't read anything on it.
                          Ben
                          1980 Wagoneer - Ram Jet 350, 700R4, NP208, 4" lift, 33x10.5 tires.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 20, 2014

Just received an e-mail on Monday the 28th that my VIN. has been shipped and should be here Thursday. Will post a pic when it gets here.
                            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                              Administrator
                              • Oct 31, 2016

Looking forward to pictures!
                              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                              (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                              (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                              79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                              (Cherokee Build Thread)
                              11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                              09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                              X