• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FleetFox
    258 I6
    • Apr 04, 2018

1982 Cruise Control Box Location

This is going to sound kinda dumb, but can someone tell me/ show me where under the dash in an 82 the cruise control "brain box" is mounted please? I know some trucks had it in the center of the dash, but my harness is not long enough to reach there. It's getting crowded up there in the LH corner.

Thanks,

Fleet Fox
  • johnsonic
    258 I6
    • Mar 12, 2015

My 84 has it under the dash by the passenger - stuck up there with a gooey strip of factory duct tape.
    1984 GW
    Comp 260H
    Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
    Wiseco -21cc Forged Pistons
    Performer Intake
    Holley SA 670
    MSD 8523
    Dakota Digital custom cluster
    Serehill headlamp harness
    NWMP aux tank

1987 GW deceased
    ...but the parts live on

Comment

• DarkMonohue
      Shakes hands with danger
      • Jul 01, 2012

Originally posted by FleetFox
      This is going to sound kinda dumb, but can someone tell me/ show me where under the dash in an 82 the cruise control "brain box" is mounted please? I know some trucks had it in the center of the dash, but my harness is not long enough to reach there. It's getting crowded up there in the LH corner.

Thanks,

Fleet Fox
      "Taped" is more accurate than "mounted". It was originally duct taped to the underside the heater housing!
      '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
      Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
      High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• FleetFox
        258 I6
        • Apr 04, 2018

thanks guys.

Fleet Fox

Comment

Working...
        X