• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vintagetrks
    304 AMC
    • May 01, 2009

Blue book values

Hi folks I was wondering if anyone could tell me how you get a value on these rigs? I've tried Kelley Blue book .com but they only go back as far as 1990 for vehicles. IIRC they used to give you a value on vehicles from way back but for the life of me I cannot find a way to get a blue book value on anything older than a 1990 Waggy.
    New Full Size Jeep Nut

I'm just a washed up old has been, Army guy.
    My opinions are outdated... After all, what have I done lately? I used to be somebody "A SOLDIER!"

04 Jeep Wrangler "Lil Ninja" 32's 2in lift swaybar disconnects
    90 Grand Wagoneer "Big Mama"
  • []V[]AXX
    350 Buick
    • Nov 10, 2009

Do you need a value for a declared value insurance policy? I just work out what I have in it and pad the heck outta it.

If we're talking value as a classic, you'd almost have to have it appraised wouldn't you?

I'm not tryin to pry, but what do you need the value for?

Comment

• vintagetrks
      304 AMC
      • May 01, 2009

Originally posted by []V[]AXX
      Do you need a value for a declared value insurance policy? I just work out what I have in it and pad the heck outta it.

If we're talking value as a classic, you'd almost have to have it appraised wouldn't you?

I'm not tryin to pry, but what do you need the value for?
      I'm buying a house and sold the waggy and put the money in the bank now they want me to prove where that money came from. So I have to get a book value on the waggy so they can see that I did'nt pad the heck out of the value.
      New Full Size Jeep Nut

I'm just a washed up old has been, Army guy.
      My opinions are outdated... After all, what have I done lately? I used to be somebody "A SOLDIER!"

04 Jeep Wrangler "Lil Ninja" 32's 2in lift swaybar disconnects
      90 Grand Wagoneer "Big Mama"

Comment

• []V[]AXX
        350 Buick
        • Nov 10, 2009

Sounds complicated. How bout a signed copy of the bill of sale, or maybe a signed statement from the buyer? I think you'll have to get creative on them, and see what they'll accept. I'm afraid that any book value you get for the truck will be lower than what you sold it for. Black Book may be your only alternative. I personally hate them because they low ball everything. If you see a dealer using black book, you know they're tryin to low ball you. They charge for values, though. I would think that some proof of the amount that changed hands would be enough proof for them, but some of these financing outfits are stupid that way. Good luck, though.

Comment

• Ghinmi
          Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

NADA Guides classic car section will give fairly high values. Here's a quick link to Jeep stuff. http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...0&m=1357&da=-1
          Yep, I know my PM box is full. Email me instead.

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, Hemi, 6 speed, turbocharged - Autocross project
          http://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=127321

Comment

• Tatsadasayago
            350 Buick
            • May 15, 2009

Some states have an estimated vehicle value on the registration. I can't remember if Arizona does this or not.

A call or email to your insurance carrier is another way to find out in the event somebody totals your rig, what the other driver's insurance company would pay YOU for their driver's negligence. Typically older vehicles' 'book value' drops to 1500 and 500 unless they are declared specialty, collector, historic etc.

Californicatia DMV says the Blair III is worth 500.00 for tax purposes. If AZ does that, then a copy of the registration and the Bill of Sale would suffice most likely.

Jim
            KY7DX/6
            76 401 Wagoneer *The Gag-O-Neer*
            77 360 W/T Cherokee Chief *Blair Jeep Project III* http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=113707

Sacramento, CA USA

Comment

• WAGMAN
              230 Tornado
              • Jun 12, 2009

I would start by telling the banker its none of his/her business where the money came from I don't see how a book value would prove anything and don't understand why you would have to prove where the money came from. Like the other guy said NADA classic guide will give you the highest value though.
              The only thing I ever have to prove to my banker is that I still have the collateral.
              84 Grand Wagoneer 401, TH400, Dana 18, 4.56 cherokee 44s locked both ends on 35s
              79 Cherokee Chief S (roller)
              84 CUCV M1028 lifted, bobbed box, on 37s
              84 GW 6" lift sold to PA waiting for pickup
              81 Wagoneer lots of mods (for sale)
              89 GW 70k orig, miles sold to SC

Proud parent of a United States Marine 2nd Bat. Golf Comp. Plat 2150

Comment

• FSJ Guy
                • Mar 20, 2005

Mortgage loans are complicated. They want to see where the money came from in order to prove that someone ELSE isn't LOANING you the down payment.

A bill of sale for the transaction should be sufficient, I'd think. Perhaps a notarized statement from the buyer stating they paid you X amount of dollars for vehicle?

Ask your real estate agent. He or she should know the answer or be able to find out the answer. (If they're good, that is.)
                Ethan Brady
                1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• DerekTJeep
                  Turbocharged Quandary
                  • Mar 28, 2003

Strange. It should be nothing of their business how you got that money.

They want to see that you have money, so obviously you do.

If the wag looked good, why not show them pictures of what you sacrificed to be able to afford a down payment?? Maybe receipts of what you spent on the Wagoneer too?? I think that is stupid, but if they want to know value of the truck, I guess one can go that far.

Ask them if they know what a 1978 Jeep Wagoneer ? If you don't, then why do you care to ask?? Mortgage companies do strange things.
                  1999 Chevy Express 3500 cargo van

1997 Mercury Mountaineer

AIM: derektjeep

[email protected]

224 805 0773 text message is the king!!!

Find me on facebook under Derek Troy

Comment

• HD_JEEP
                    350 Buick
                    • Oct 28, 2008

hard top option

Originally posted by Ghinmi
                    NADA Guides classic car section will give fairly high values. Here's a quick link to Jeep stuff. http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...0&m=1357&da=-1
                    I added he hard top option and got an extra 75 to 150 Wow
                    91 Grand Wagoneer "Final Edition"
                    DeWooded
                    6 inch Hellcreek lift.
                    Rhino Grill
                    BFGoodrich MT T/A KM2 33X10.5. R15
                    Offenhauser Dual Port 360 Intake
                    Holley 600cfm

If are not living on the Edge you are taking up to much room.
                    ##########
                    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172261

Comment

Just a thought...
                      I create a bill of sale for every vehicle I sell, two copies, buyer signs mine, I sign his... not to protect the buyer, but to protect me. "No warranty expressed or implied" just a little CYA.
                      Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
                      Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

• Hubjeep
                        232 I6
                        • Aug 23, 2006

Originally posted by HD_JEEP
                        I added he hard top option and got an extra 75 to 150 Wow
                        There was a 4-cyl option for the 1990 Grand Wagoneer too, average value was $8,650.

Average selling price for a 1990 Grand Waggy is probably about $2,500, some vehicles selling for $500, some selling for $35,000.
                        1989 Grand Wagoneer, Cummins 4BT swap in progress.
                        CJ-7, Cummins 4BT/NV4500/AtlasII 4.3.
                        http://www.jpmagazine.com/featuredve..._tj/index.html

Comment

• Hubjeep
                          232 I6
                          • Aug 23, 2006

Originally posted by 710 Burner
                          Just a thought...
                          I create a bill of sale for every vehicle I sell, two copies, buyer signs mine, I sign his... not to protect the buyer, but to protect me. "No warranty expressed or implied" just a little CYA.
                          X2, "sold as-is"
                          1989 Grand Wagoneer, Cummins 4BT swap in progress.
                          CJ-7, Cummins 4BT/NV4500/AtlasII 4.3.
                          http://www.jpmagazine.com/featuredve..._tj/index.html

Comment

• newtojeeps
                            350 Buick
                            • Jun 28, 2006

Her in California when you sign over the ttle you put the selling price on it.
                            Most people put a lower price for lower prices on registration.

Comment

• jking03
                              232 I6
                              • Aug 01, 2009

dont know how much you sold the waggy for but seems to me also its none of there buisness.... how do they know you didnt save up in coffee cans a bury them in the back yard like people did back in the day.. all the B/S they want is crazy why does it matter as long as you can make your mortage payments why should they care.. stupid... i think i would have told them i just simply saved it up out side the bank.. tell them you saved all you 10 dollar bills for a few years or something.. my wife and i save our $1s and most $5s over the year then use it for extra vacation money

Comment

Working...
                              X