X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elliott
    Cowboy Up
    • Jun 22, 2002

Sure, email me through the forum here (don't pm me) and let me know if your brake rod from your MC attaches to the driver or passenger side of your brake pedal. There are different mounts depending on which side it attaches to for your year range rig. Also, let me know if you want used or new and you can see some pricing in my thread via the link in my sig (check out the info on the '55 Chevy setup for example of new unit pricing for Jeep rigs). I'll be cleaning up all that info for pricing so it's clearer eventually... I promise.
    Last edited by Elliott; 01-25-2011, 12:01 PM.
    *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
    ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• Tigger4X
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Nov 16, 2001

I'll have to see if I can get Jaber to take a peek and/or a pic for me and then I'll IFSJA email you the info. Budget is king but I'd beinterested in seeing the price difference between the two. I'd much rather buy new tho.
      Originally posted by will e
      Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
      Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• Elliott
        Cowboy Up
        • Jun 22, 2002

Originally posted by Elliott
        I'm currently working to get these mounts together in a kit form for folks who prefer to pay a little less and weld their own mount for a hydroboost they source themself. Once I get it worked out who is going to build the socket required for the large nut I'll be posting up info. Currently there are some issues around simply trying to use the $160 Kent-Moore socket (other than the price) but I think I should have that resolved and affordable before too much longer.

The plan is to also offer the mount fully welded for your application/hydroboost. That's only been done a couple of times so far due to issues with the Kent-Moore socket.

Here's a couple teaser pics, still trying to work out the details on getting the custom socket built but the shop has my design so just waiting for feedback on what those are going to cost.

*** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
        ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• Elliott
          Cowboy Up
          • Jun 22, 2002

Just had one of my mounts installed in a Jeep MJ, same fitup as the XJ and all is good. Pics soon.

Comment

• Elliott
            Cowboy Up
            • Jun 22, 2002

'71 Commando

Here's a new Jeep hydroboost mount. It ships tomorrow for trial fitting. I set it up inverted for max valve cover clearance:

Comment

• Elliott
              Cowboy Up
              • Jun 22, 2002

Finally...

Mocked up a firewall plate for the single flange hydroboost mount to fit the '62-'66 Jeeps. Pics coming soon

Comment

• Elliott
                Cowboy Up
                • Jun 22, 2002

Here is the '62-'66 FSJ single flange hydroboost mount that will fit brake rod lengths between 3-4" using an adjustable brake rod end:

Comment

• I really need to pull the trigger on this upgrade. Had a panic stop the other day that required two feet on the pedal, and I was only rolling about 20mph. It still took about 15ft to come to a stop. Not a good feeling.
                  David "If all else fails, read the instructions."
                  83 Wag Lt,BJ's 6"lift,360/727/Pinned229,D44/trac-lok,AMC20/lock-right,35/12.50 Baja MTZ,Pro-Jection EFI.
                  10$ NP229 fix http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=2520

Comment

• Elliott
                    Cowboy Up
                    • Jun 22, 2002

'75 IH Series 150 hydroboost

Here's a new one about to be test fit for an IH truck. It mounts to the existing booster brackets on the firewall and couples with the OEM brake rod when setup like this:

Comment

• Elliott
                      Cowboy Up
                      • Jun 22, 2002

'68 Roadrunner hydroboost

Here's a new one for y'all.... shipped to Austria for a test fit

Keep the custom work coming to me folks. I'm relocating but I'll be keeping up this work so you can reach me at sterlingworth16 at yahoo dot com

Comment

• james cowger
                        230 Tornado
                        • Jul 12, 2010

hydroboost

are you back to building the hydro boost units? if so, i have 77 j10 in need of one. let me know if you are. [email protected] thanks
                        77' J10 GM 350 Th400 np 205... Soon to be SM465 np 205

Comment

• Elliott
                          Cowboy Up
                          • Jun 22, 2002

Hi James, Yes I am and I have a thread here in the Homegrown Vendor's section of our for sale listings (the link is in my sig). Sent you an email.

I've done a bunch of new mounts for various applications so if anyone is interested just send me an email or ask here. Some of the new stuff is the C2 Vette, '97 Camaro, ~'82 Toyota FJ 60 series, etc. Currently working on a '62-7 Nova mount.

Comment

• Elliott
                            Cowboy Up
                            • Jun 22, 2002

Ok, so it's been awhile since I posted here regarding the hydroboost mounts kits I put together so I'm going to update folks. The original kit had two plates that welded at opposite ends of a center tube and one plate matched the firewall and the other plate matched up with the flat plate on an early Astro van like this '67-'73 FSJ M715 mount kit shown here:

I have a similar mount kit listed on ebay for the CJ/YJ. The three plate kit gives you a replacement plate for whatever plate you have on most any hydroboost you can pick up and it allows you to simply unbolt from the firewall part of the mount to invert the hydroboost.

Now, not all hydroboost will be compatible for the simple reason that not all hydroboost have a brake rod you can either thread 3/8-24 for an adjustable rod end or because the section near the hydroboost is necked down so you can't thread up far enough to keep your brake rod short enough so the tube section of the mount isn't over 3". I'm not cutting any tube for these kits over 3" because 1) you aren't going to like the look of the install and 2) it creates a lot of leverage on the mount to have a iron MC sticking out past the hydroboost that far, then 3) some rigs won't have that much room in front of the booster to have it stick out that far. This is a pic of a typical GM truck HB brake rod that isn't going to work in a lot of short brake rod applications. It will work for the FSJ however. If you want to use that HB/brake rod in something else please ask me about your vehicle. The '80s-'90s GM truck/surburban brake rod pic:

This F350 hydroboost brake rod isn't something you can thread unless you have a super short application or are going to fit a coupler with jam nuts to use a longer rod:

If you aren't buying an early Astro van HB for your rig then consult me first before you buy something that won't be compatible.

Here is a pic of a three plate '74+ Jeep (mounts to your aluminum firewall block) and Jeep TJ kit showing the HB plate installed so you can see how things will match up: (if using a stepped down rod the tube will a little longer)

This is a pic showing the firewall part of the mount welded up and painted:

This is the '67-'73 FSJ and M715 hydroboost mount kit used when the brake rod attaches to the passenger side of the brake pedal:

This is the '67-'73 FSJ and M715 mount kit used when the brake rod attaches to the passenger side of the brake pedal (requires one 3/8 hole be drilled in the firewall to tie in the pedal assembly):

Even if you have an early Astro hydroboost you may want to swap out the mounting plate and go with this three plate kit I have as the HB plate is smaller in size and makes for a cleaner looking installation. Here is a comparison:

'74+ FSJ owners.... don't worry, it doesn't have to be so complex for your installs and minimal welding is required. If you have an early Astro unit it just requires some brake rod hole sizing/bushing and a 1" spacer built from flat stock, and welded, to fit between your aluminum firewall block and the OEM square hydroboost mounting plate.

Questions?

I can put together hydroboost mount kits for just about all of the different hydroboost setups for the various rigs I have listed on ebay at: Sterlingworth16

If you have something else in mind then please run it by me and you can reach me at sterlingworth16 at yahoo dot com
                            DON'T PM ME HERE...

Check out installs and tech at: www.custompowerbrake.com
                            Last edited by Elliott; 04-27-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Elliott
                              Cowboy Up
                              • Jun 22, 2002

I edited the above link showing the three plate kit will work on a '74+ FSJ if you are using a GM HB with the stepped down rod. You will need to cut thread the rod for a adjustable end like the one shown.

Comment

• swampedge
                                258 I6
                                • Oct 07, 2007

Elliot, I need another HB set up but, for my 70 j2000 I put the 454 in. Can you pm me the number to reach you at as I no longer have it in my new phone. Or let me know how much and where to send the cash.
                                1970 Gladiator. Gen V 5.3. 8L90E.

You really are judged by the dogs you have!

Comment

Working...
                                X