• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hammer
    304 AMC
    • Apr 25, 2002

Suspension seats

Ok, for my next cherokee, I want to get some seats that won't kill my back when froadin. But also be nice to ride around in everyday.

Most suspension seats are fixed. Which is great for competition, but I would like the recliner type.
    They do make recliner style suspension seats now. But has anyone actually wheeled with them? How do they compare to the fixed position versions?

Mastercraft have recliners, and are one of the most favored seats that I have seen.

But those cost a fortune.

Hunsaker makes some nice recliners that cost less for the PAIR then the MCs cost each!
    Synkro

Icon
    This website is for sale! hunsakersports.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, hunsakersports.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Super cheap seats from JCWhipme,
    Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Not reclining though.
    But for that price, who cares. Might get something like these for my CJ5. I won't care about those seats too much, and I can make the brackets to mount them how I want them.

So who has/had suspension seats? Anyone have the recliners?
    Beard and PRP make great seats as well, but no recliners.
    78 Chero, 38"s and minimal lift
  • FSJeeper
    King of Unfinished Projects
    • May 20, 2000

I have always favoured the Mastercraft's. And the new reclining ones are just what I need. You can get an automatic 10% discount if you order them through 4wheel Parts and wholesale. Still expenive though.
    In Process: 91 Wagoneer, D61/71 axles with 3.07 gearing, NV4500, NP205. Cummins 6BT.

Back burner project: Crew cab M715, Cummins/Allison/Rockwell Tcase/Dana 61/Dana 71.

Comment

• Hammer
      304 AMC
      • Apr 25, 2002

Yeah, but that still adds up to over a grand for seats!
      Not that I don't think they would be worth it. But those Hunsaker seats look like they could do what I need. And still cost half as much.

Comment

• adamsclarke
        258 I6
        • Jan 24, 2007

A good balance between comfort and way too much $$$ is the corbeau bajas. I have run them in my YJ and CJ..super comfy. I have also sat in a few PRP's which are also nice and comfy and way less money than the MCs.

Comment

• Hammer
          304 AMC
          • Apr 25, 2002

Over 50 years of providing the world with the best in aftermarket Street Seats, Racing Seats, Off Road Seats, Jeep Seats, Suspension seats, Seat Brackets, Harness Belts and more.

Corbeau does make a recliner.

I don't care for the looks of those as much, and they will cost $600 plus shipping. So not a LOT more cash.
          I had some Corbeau racing seats in an old RX7 and they were great. But a PITA to climb in and out of

PRP and Beard don't have recliners though.

I know I would be happy with the MC recliners, but at the cost of them, I have to seriously consider the Hunsaker ones.
          I just don't want to be wasting my money.

If I got with the MC seats, I will only get one at a time, and that will look stupid...

Comment

• frank_c
            350 Buick
            • Aug 29, 2005

it only looks stupid if you put the single seat on the passenger side!
            83 Waggy
            87 J20
            99 TJ
            05 Crossfire SRT-6

Comment

• Hammer
              304 AMC
              • Apr 25, 2002

That would be stupid

Of course my wife wouldn't be happy about riding in the junk, beat down stocker either though.

Comment

• Rhino Racer
                258 I6
                • Aug 07, 2002

Originally posted by frank_c
                it only looks stupid if you put the single seat on the passenger side!

<br /><br />82 Cherokee, 258, T-5, NP208, 33\" MTR\'s.

Comment

• Rhino Racer
                  258 I6
                  • Aug 07, 2002

If you're racing, the MCs offer you better perceived quality and safety, which comes to play a big role if you're racing in the faster classes.

Beards are nice and well constructed also, and quite durable but like you say they don't have recliners.

Don't know the others, although I don't think they can offer the same materials and construction for half the price.
                  <br /><br />82 Cherokee, 258, T-5, NP208, 33\" MTR\'s.

Comment

• frank_c
                    350 Buick
                    • Aug 29, 2005

seriously...i drove my truck around with one seat for a couple weeks. wanted to make sure the Bestops were going to work on the power bases before i bought the second one.
                    83 Waggy
                    87 J20
                    99 TJ
                    05 Crossfire SRT-6

Comment

• HeyNels
                      232 I6
                      • Apr 30, 2006

I think Corbeau came out with a new reclining suspension seat a little while ago, called the "Moab". Haven't had experience with them, but they might be worth looking into.
                      1986 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• steven79
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 25, 2001

I got a set of recliner seats a few weeks ago like you are asking about, they are sitting in the shop waiting for me to start on the jeep over haul.
                        They are nice to sit in but that is all i have done with them sofar.
                        Thor - 79 wag ltd <br />366,th400,Q trac d44 f/r 3.54<br />31x10.50x15 Good year at's
                        I am not a dad,I am a domestic dictator

Comment

• Hammer
                          304 AMC
                          • Apr 25, 2002

How far forward will any of these seats actually fold?
                          I would like to be able to slide them forward and fold them forward enough to climb into the back of the cherokee.

Now I need to decide between the Hunsaker Icons or a single Corbeau Baja RS...

Comment

• Metal Twister
                            350 Buick
                            • Oct 20, 2008

Old thread but you might be interested. I just started building a very high bolstered recline able suspension seat. It's bolsters are so high they are hard to get into un less it's a buggy style design where you climb down into the car. These seat dimensions are very close to the Mastercraft's Pro series fixed back seats only they recline. The issue with the Mastercraft seats is that they are just about the same as all the rest of the recliner style seats only with material suspension instead of springs. Not much difference unless your hauling Arse across the desert. I have also developed an air ride suspension that these seats will be bolted to and tested. These seats will be going into a serious rock buggy for a local talk show host here in town. I'm sure The testing of this stuff will be done quickly and we should be in manufacturing mode very soon! A few pics... And un like Mastercraft these seats are made right here in the USA by yours truly!

And this is all I can show ya of the Bengels A.S.S. System (Air Suspension Seating) System until the patent pending is completed.
                            Last edited by Metal Twister; 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• j20brett
                              360 AMC
                              • Jul 05, 2006

Well, how much for a seat without the A.S.S?
                              Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
                              X