• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marc_01
    327 Rambler
    • May 10, 2000

New FSJ Products

I remember about 1 week ago someone posted a link to a site that had a link that said "FSJ coming soon". This link was for suspension parts. Does anyone know the site im talking about? I lost the URL and need it.

I email them regarding what kind of FSJ suspension parts they where going to be offering. The suspension products they said they had in the works where a 3-4inch. suspension lift and a 6inch. suspension lift. I recomended that they look into making some 3in bumber brackets for us FSJ owners with a body lift. The guy said he was going to seriously look into making some.

Sounds like to me we might be getting some nice products from this company in the near future. I just need the URL!!

87 GW & it\'s brown

sounds like a good find... hope somebody replies with the URL for it.

Mark01... the bumper relocation kit that you mentioned above... I have made one for my rig for my 3" tailmaster bodylift. Check it out on my site (link below) Pretty easy to do yourself... about 1 hour of cutting and drilling and the rest of the time spent on disassembly and intallation. Depending on the condition of your bumper bolts, that could be a little time.

------------------
    TJ
    78 Wagoneer "River Beast"
    360/TH400/QT
    Dana 44's (soon to be 4.88's)
    7" SOA conversion
    4" Skyjacker Softride
    3" Trailmaster Bodylift
    33x12.50's on 15x10's
    (soon 38.5x14.50's on 12's)
    My FSJ site: http://www.geocities.com/~spazz4life
    "Where there's a hill...there's a way!"
    Todd
    www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Marc_01
      327 Rambler
      • May 10, 2000

RB,

The rear of my 87 wag wouldn't be that hard, but the front looks kind of hard. The front bumper has a lip that bolts under the frame. It looks like to me it would be in the way if you lifted it 3 in. I might be wrong.

did your trailmaster kit come with anything to lenghten the t case and shifting linkage?
      87 GW & it\'s brown

Comment

• rm126
        232 I6
        • Apr 17, 2000

I think the company you're talking about is called Rusty's Offroad. Heres the URL:
        Rusty's Off-Road is a leader in the 4X4 industry with our innovative line of Jeep specific products. Our in-house manufacturing and R & D keeps our products on the cutting edge. With our in house manufacturing we are able to control cost and sell retail at wholesale cost without sacrificing quality.

If you check out there suspension section, it says "Coming soon for FSJ's."

------------------
        79 Cherokee Chief Wide Trac
        258 I-6
        Offenhauser Intake w/Holley 390 4bbl.
        Crane Cam, Springs and Lifters
        Borla Header
        TH400/QT w/Low Range
        79 Cherokee Chief Wide Trac<BR>258 I-6<BR>Offenhauser Intake w/Holley 390 4bbl.<BR>Crane Cam, Springs and Lifters <BR>Borla Header<BR>TH400/QT w/Low Range

Comment

• Marc_01
          327 Rambler
          • May 10, 2000

Thats it! Thanks RM.

Im looking forward to see what they come up with for our FSJ's.
          87 GW & it\'s brown

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc_01:
            RB,

The rear of my 87 wag wouldn't be that hard, but the front looks kind of hard. The front bumper has a lip that bolts under the frame. It looks like to me it would be in the way if you lifted it 3 in. I might be wrong.

did your trailmaster kit come with anything to lenghten the t case and shifting linkage?
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When installing the 3" BL, both bumpers HAVE to come off. Not sure what lip you're talking about... the lip of the body under the bumper? That's why it has to come off before the install. My front brackets bolt straight to the front of the frame... 2 bolts directly in front and the 2 on each of the sides. I used diamond plate to raise the brackets 3"... 4 pieces and 6 grade 8 bolts for the front. The back rubs the body after the install, too.

Yes.. the Trailmaster 3" kit came with 3" extension rods for the shift linkage and my QT lo range lever and 2 extra blocks (lucky ... I lost one on a trail).

By the way... thanks for the link, rm

------------------
            TJ
            360/TH400/QT
            7" SOA conversion
            4" Skyjacker Softride
            3" Trailmaster Bodylift
            33x12.50's on 15x10's
            Todd
            www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

I think the older three piece bumper must mount differently. My Wag has the aluminum one peice bumper and the shape of it wraps under the ends of the frame. I haven't yet come up with a decent solution for raising the front bumper. One thought is to cut the frame ends off and weld them back on in their higher location. I don't really want to do this because I want to mount tow hooks on the frame and this would definitely weaken it.

------------------
              DLyons
              84 Grand Wagoneer
              360 (401 someday)
              Always Under Construction
              2" Suspension Lift
              2 1/2" Body Lift

Comment

• Marc_01
                327 Rambler
                • May 10, 2000

On newer GW, there is a lip on the front bumper that raps under the frame. Next time you see a newer gw in a parking lot or something RB, take a look at and see what you think.
                87 GW & it\'s brown

Comment

Thanx for the bumper info guys.... I didn't know they changed the mounting on them. Anybody know if they changed the mounts when they went to solid bumpers from the 3 piece or when? Just to satisfy my curiousity.

------------------
                  TJ
                  360/TH400/QT
                  7" SOA conversion
                  4" Skyjacker Softride
                  3" Trailmaster Bodylift
                  33x12.50's on 15x10's
                  Todd
                  www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

RiverBeast Im using a 78 wagon body and a 79 frame. The 79 came with one piece bumpers and the 78 had 3 piece bumpers. Im gonna use the 3 piece ones because they are in better shape. Anyway the 79 had brackets intergal with the frame for the front and bolt on brackets on the rear. So I did some creative wacking to the front of the frame, unbolted the rear brackets, and made some custom brackets for the 3 piece bumpers similuar to what you did. Hope this helps.

------------------
                    Dave
                    79 Wagoneer
                    "BOHICA"

Comment

Working...
                    X