X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sambo
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Sep 25, 2001

drp that rig would have alot of trouble following us on most trails,unless body damage isnt a big thing! BTW that is one nice rig..notice the rigs that did get posted,the smallest one being flints rig(wally) has 33" tires on it.and i believe its getting upgraded to a 60 rear end!maybe the vehicle in the rear would better suffice the trails in the robleto mnts
    Last edited by Sambo; 08-05-2010, 03:25 PM.
    77 chero DEAD.
    84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• Tad
      • Nov 30, 2001

I got to agree with Sam, that's way too nice a rig for the majority of the traditional 'Cruces area trails, but I'm sure it would be fine for just some desert sight seeing and some of the milder stuff.
      I'm up for a day of putting around looking at some of the scenic/historical stuff.
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• fulsizjeep
        Señor Jackhead
        • Aug 21, 2002

I agree with them on that nice GW. I got more new rocker panel and below dings in Wally than all the ones already inflicted over the last 10 years while at Cruces last year. I will not have the axles upgraded for this year's Cruces gathering but I am headed in the right direction with over analysis of the tasks ahead.
        Flint
        Ran when parked.
        http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
        88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
        76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
        http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Heimeken
          304 AMC
          • Nov 29, 2000

Greetings to all,

I have been out of the loop for a while as my rigs have been stowed away for most of the year. There has been a lack of motivation, time and dollars mainly due to a lot of work hours and travel. Good news is that the chop-top only needs a couple of days of work to get it ready for the event. After last years beating, I replaced a large part of the wiring harness, made a battery tray for the new optima battery and went with full high steering. I still need a new cover for the 14 bolt and need to replace the front springs and u-bolts. I have reserved campsite #88 again.

Here is the sad picture of things:

'85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
          401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
          One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
          J20 running gear and axles

Comment

• Sambo
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Sep 25, 2001

lol i found out i forgot something jaime installed in the cat's old motor. never occurred to me to remove the pilot bushing for a standard tranny! i don't know how i over looked it but it(bushing) will be coming out the next day or so
            77 chero DEAD.

Comment

• Heimeken
              304 AMC
              • Nov 29, 2000

Mmm, are you sure? or does your TH400 not require a sleeve that goes in the same place? I am pretty sure I had the large pilot bushing from Advance adapters in there for the NV4500.
              '85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
              401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
              One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
              J20 running gear and axles

Comment

• Sambo
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Sep 25, 2001

i noticed the center of my t/convert has some marks on the center shaft part,probably why i had a hard time getting it to seat up to the motor. just thought it wasn't lined up just right i guess.
                i also noticed some fresh marks on the brass bushing. i will look on the motor i pulled out previous to this one and see if it had one!
                77 chero DEAD.

Comment

• Desertratelpaso
                  230 Tornado
                  • Sep 09, 2009

My Rig

She looks a lot different right now. I removed the entire front clip with exceptions of inner fenders. Will be installing a 360 from a 77 Waggy within the next month. I would like to restore her but with a 4"lift. Plan on replacing all bushing and body mounts. Eventually get her painted with new woodgrain and digital dashboard.

I'm probably only doing some scienic viewing during the day not sure about camping. Would like to have the 4" lift before Cruces so I can do a little 4 wheeling but the tires rub if I get a little too sideways and I dont want to cause any more damage.

I will mostly use it to get into some back areas and pull a trailer with the atvs'.

If I can get the 360 in my 88 quickly, I might have time to put the 304 into the 77 Waggy.

It has a 3" Body lift and at least a 4" spring lift upfront with a 2" block and helper spring on the back. 33x15.5x 15 swampers.

Quadratrac works fine, couldn't get it into low and the emergency switch isn't working. If I can get this done by the event, I might take that one.

Comment

• Sambo
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Sep 25, 2001

cool! sounds like a lot of work ahead of ya
                    i used to find a constant source of vac for my quadratrac,bypass the switch.
                    i think i still have my switch out of mine if you want it...

could show up and catch a ride with one of us! hint,hint michael
                    77 chero DEAD.

Comment

• Desertratelpaso
                      230 Tornado
                      • Sep 09, 2009

Probably go anyway.

Even if I don't get the lift installed by then, I can pull my trailer and ride the atv. I think it would be great to meet some of the guys behind the thumbnails.

Comment

• jeepdreamer
                        327 Rambler
                        • Jan 27, 2008

Keep it nice...

Well Guys,
                        I'm still in the sandbox so I won't be there to flog the cloud-O-flage Cherk. Doubt it would be up to it anyways...lost oil pressure as I was driving into the Govt. storage facility...Ugh. So it may be DOA and I may have to sell or part it out. Wish I could be there...
                        And D-rat, they weren't steering you wrong...your nice waggy would not survive. My beater was prodded along and thrashed just to keep up with those guys and I wasn't worried about body work. Even with 33s, a rear locker, and a 4" lift I was like a battleship in a kiddie pool! Get the 77 running and flog that one! You'll have lots of fun and won't feel bad in the morning...unless you hang out at the firepit getting to tipsy...LOL!

Comment

• Desertratelpaso
                          230 Tornado
                          • Sep 09, 2009

Just noticed that all of the tubing to the emergency switch is disconnected. I'll get that taken care of first and go from there. Probably going to have to put off buying my lift kit. School starting, band dues, cheerleader stuff, volleyball stuff etc,etc...at least I'm working now so it wont hurt as bad.

Comment

• Desertratelpaso
                            230 Tornado
                            • Sep 09, 2009

Yeah, I wont take the 88 into the rocks. She has some light damage to the passenger side doors but fixable. There is no rust anywhere, she has been in the desert all her life. The only rust I found was in the fuel tank skid plate. It came in contact with a rock or something and pushed up the spot where the drain hole is and the water would just sit inside the skid plate. I cleaned it off with a 4" angle grinder with wire brush, undercoated it and she is good. Power steering pump was allowed to leak and it ate up all the rubber it came in contact with. I'll be replacing that this weekend. My biggest concern is the brittle wiring harness'. I've considered replacing it but haven't really looked into it yet.

Comment

• YJ-4BT
                              232 I6
                              • May 13, 2010

OH...Can I come?

I just got back from Las Cruces yesterday and was wishing that I had towed my heep up there because the weather was awesome! It looks like I will be going there once a month now because my grandmother has been in the hospital for a month there and the grandpaw aint doing too well either but I was thinking I would like to time one of my trips for this event. The entire time I lived there I didnt have a rig to wheel now I do but live across Texas !!!
                              Anyways, I "own" a FSJ that has just moved into my shop for its turn at the wrench and that will one day be my tow rig for my YJ but right now I am technically FSJ-less. I would REALLY like to go on this run but understand completely if this is meant to be an absolute FSJ only event. You think you guys would be too embarassed to run with one of the "little" jeeps? I can even stay at my cousins house so as not to ruin the "FSJ-ness" at the campsite!

Comment

• j20brett
                                360 AMC
                                • Jul 05, 2006

Originally posted by YJ-4BT
                                I just got back from Las Cruces yesterday and was wishing that I had towed my heep up there because the weather was awesome! It looks like I will be going there once a month now because my grandmother has been in the hospital for a month there and the grandpaw aint doing too well either but I was thinking I would like to time one of my trips for this event. The entire time I lived there I didnt have a rig to wheel now I do but live across Texas !!!
                                Anyways, I "own" a FSJ that has just moved into my shop for its turn at the wrench and that will one day be my tow rig for my YJ but right now I am technically FSJ-less. I would REALLY like to go on this run but understand completely if this is meant to be an absolute FSJ only event. You think you guys would be too embarassed to run with one of the "little" jeeps? I can even stay at my cousins house so as not to ruin the "FSJ-ness" at the campsite!
                                Huh, i was in sante fe on saturday coming home frmo montana...if you dont use that tailgate ill buy it back from you..
                                Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
                                X