• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greaser
    232 I6
    • Jun 15, 2004

Rear Tailgate Window

The Rear tailgate window is kaputt. I just replaced the glass because it was busted and when working with it I noticed it only goes down... not up. I hooked a battery up to the motor and it goes up and down with gusto. Could this just be the switch that is bad.. or doesn't have enough juice running through it to make the window budge. If I need to replace the rear key switch, what all is involved. Is it just the key assembly? Or are there extra parts.

Also, I don't want to install one of those manual hand crack dealies from BJ's.. .nothing again BJ's offroad.. they do rock.. ..but I don't like the idea of having the whole security issue of non powered.

thanks!
    1987 Grand Wagoneer
  • rstep
    304 AMC
    • Oct 09, 2003

check your switch first for it could be any thing from bad connections to bad switch but if the motor works thats a good start also on my 77 there is a safety switch on the drivers side that get crazy once in awhile and the window won't move
    77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
    d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
    Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
    33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
    Tadrack
    Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
    Soa,with 1" shackle up front
    Hood vents

Comment

• letank
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jun 03, 2002

bypass the safety switch on the driver side inside the tailgate....

next step is to check the rubber electrical connector behind the Left rear wheel by the inside frame rail... it could be really corroded.... at this time check the brake and tailight for good contact....

Michel
      Michel
      74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
      85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• TroyJennHorse
        258 I6
        • Feb 02, 2003

You can check out the tech pages on the home page and find alot of info there.
        Good luck to ya!
        Troy Walker<br />Smashed 89 GW in 2003<br />New pics comming in early 2006

Comment

Working...
        X