• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88GW
    258 I6
    • Nov 21, 2000

Fuel Injection Question?

Who here has it? What kind do you have? What problems have you encountered with it? How easy was the install and tuning? Would you do it again? The reason I ask all this is my fiance may consider Fuel Injection for a X-mas present to me.
    SOLD the 88GW and replaced with an Expedition. Still love JEEPS and will get another soon.
  • SpruceMoose
    350 Buick
    • Nov 01, 2000

i've got it. and i love it! some minor problems in the initial tuning, but i went the cheap route: all used stuff off of ebay. the only problem i have had since installation was a bad throttle position sensor. put in a new one, and no problems since. recommended. see sig for details.

sm.
    88 Grand Wagoneer<br />\"Spruce Moose\"<br /><br />See the Moose at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fsjworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3294\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fsjworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3294</a> <br /><br />AMC 360, DANA 44 F/R 2.72, TF 727, NP 229<br />Jacobs Pro-Street Ignition, Edelbrock 4bbl Intake with Holley 2bbl Analog Pro-Jection<br />Flowmaster 2.5\" 50 Series Delta muffler and tubing<br />K&N cone air filter, Amzoil fluids all around<br />31x10.5 BFG A/T KO<br />Rusty\'s 4\" lift<br />Home-made tube nerfs and bumpers<br />BJs Muscle grill<br />HF,VHF,UHF ham rigs and too many antennas (not)<br />8-Ball shift knob from college (1975)<br />Hella fog and driving lights<br />Kenwood MP3 HU, Orion sub amp, Jensens all around<br /><br />Mileage? We don\'t need no stinkin\' mileage!

Comment

• RWC
      258 I6
      • Nov 18, 2001

I run Holley Pro-Jection 4Di. I love it! One of the best things I've done, and I've recently taken advantage of the ability to control timing too. Email me if you have specific questions/concerns about Pro-Jection.

RWC

Comment

• Veepster
        350 Buick
        • May 14, 2000

I have an old Airsensors EFI, and love it.....be prepared though it does take some tuning....I also have an SDS system on the Veepster and also am familiar with Haltech and Motec, so if you ahve any questions, feel free
        Peace.............BartG<br /><br />The Green Flash!<br /><br />360ci Custom 4v TBI<br />TH400, Parttime QT with low, TFI Upgrade<br />Edelbrock Performer Manifold,<br />4\" skyjacker susp & 3\" body lift<br />Rancho 9000\'s 33x12.50 BFG KO\'s <br />8\" American Racing Baja Rims<br />Thorley headers, 3\" exh, Dyno Max<br />Infiniti power leather seats<br />Billet shift knob by Millerluck<br />50%Luxury Car 50%Tractor<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamgodspeed.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.teamgodspeed.com</a>

Comment

• 88GW
          258 I6
          • Nov 21, 2000

Thanks for the responses. What do you guys think of TPI Guys stuff?
          SOLD the 88GW and replaced with an Expedition. Still love JEEPS and will get another soon.

Comment

• RWC
            258 I6
            • Nov 18, 2001

What does TPI Guy run (other than the obvious)? Did he just slap a Chevy in his Jeep or did he graft a TPI onto an AMC? One idea that I've thought of is buying the Holley Pro-Jection MPI kit or the Edelbrock MPI kit, which are both for a Chevy, and having an AMC intake machined for injector bosses. I haven't really researched this at all, just something I've tossed around.

RWC

Comment

• Veepster
              350 Buick
              • May 14, 2000

TPI guy knows his stuff and gives great service(I heard).............he does a great job converting salvage parts into a usable EFI....
              Peace.............BartG<br /><br />The Green Flash!<br /><br />360ci Custom 4v TBI<br />TH400, Parttime QT with low, TFI Upgrade<br />Edelbrock Performer Manifold,<br />4\" skyjacker susp & 3\" body lift<br />Rancho 9000\'s 33x12.50 BFG KO\'s <br />8\" American Racing Baja Rims<br />Thorley headers, 3\" exh, Dyno Max<br />Infiniti power leather seats<br />Billet shift knob by Millerluck<br />50%Luxury Car 50%Tractor<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamgodspeed.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.teamgodspeed.com</a>

Comment

• will e
                Always Broke
                • Nov 16, 2001

On my mustang (315C) i went the easy way and put in a Holley Projection kit.
                This trottle body injection system requires a 4bbl manifold.

The most difficult part was running the fuel return line.
                My system is Analog and does not require a 'closed loop' from an O2 sensor. Most of the new ones do.

It really helped my gas milage and throttle response. It is also nice for emission testins, I turn it lean and pass no problem.

My FSJ has a 2bbl carb. When I get the rest of the go fast parts to put the 6 pack on my 351C I am going to move the projection unit over to my fsj.

It is a PITA to install but worth it.

I have seen posts about problems going up/down hills in a fsj. This is usually due to the fuel bowl getting flooded or dry. With fuel injection you can go upside down and the car would keep running.

(If you install a fuel injection unit you will need a electric fuel pump, the holley kits provide one but they do NOT provide a switch that will kill power to the pump in an accident. Buy one and install it to keep from providing fuel to a fire).
                82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

Working...
                X