• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mohawk
    232 I6
    • Oct 25, 2005

What happened?

I used to be able to find FSJs for sale all day every day for $1k or less. Since I sold my J10 Sportside to a member here, 2.5 years ago, they've all vanished. I find very few of them and prices start at $4k and go up rapidly, for anything close to driving condition.
    I'd love another J truck but not sure I can afford the price of admission, anymore.
  • Adam_Tinkerer
    232 I6
    • Mar 16, 2011

You must have some money then! When you're broke, ALL the deals start popping up! I think I paid $3300 for mine, partly because I figured I'd have to keep it, or take a huge loss!

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

Yeah by now all the cheap decent cond FSJ's have been snatched up as eng/running gear donors for the little Jeeps crowd or as cheap build up candidates. When scrap iron hit $200/ton didn't help much. Nor does the mid-west motto "Rust never sleeps" But yeah you ain't gonna find much for <$1000 that's hasn't been seriously modified/screwed up worth putting money into for a DD.
      Hang in there and keep looking. Once gasoline breaks over the $4/gal mark you'll see more and more later rigs on the market.
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• JerseyJeeps
        232 I6
        • Sep 25, 2008

I am considering a complete 1979 cherokee chief in California for $450.. But add $1000 or more in shipping to the East Coast and its not as attractive. But still they can be found just over scrap value, if you look long enough. my 1980 J-10 sportside, from California, was listed on CL for $800 May of 2013. I gave $600 for it, and that one was worth shipping back east
        1978 Wagoneer
        Golden Ginger Metallic, 57K original miles

1982 J-10 Sportside
        White, 6 cyl, 4-spd, 4" lift, 33s

1978 J-10 Golden Eagle
        Black, 360 QT, 53K original miles

and....12 more J-10s, 2 J-20 Wreckers, 1 J-300 Dually, 1 M715, 1 M725, 1 FC-170, 3 CJ-5s, 11 CJ-7s, 6 CJ-8s, 3 XJs, and a Comanche.

Comment

• Mike D
          350 Buick
          • Jul 29, 2002

Originally posted by JerseyJeeps
          I am considering a complete 1979 cherokee chief in California for $450.. But add $1000 or more in shipping to the East Coast and its not as attractive. But still they can be found just over scrap value, if you look long enough. my 1980 J-10 sportside, from California, was listed on CL for $800 May of 2013. I gave $600 for it, and that one was worth shipping back east
          OMG ... id get it if i had any money ....
          64 Wagoneer 283 SBC
          50 truck
          63 J-200 Truck -- help bring home

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
          And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children

Comment

• lycanthrope
            258 I6
            • Mar 26, 2007

my 1980 J-10 sportside, from California, was listed on CL for $800 May of 2013. I gave $600 for it, and that one was worth shipping back east

Was that the one from Mendocino county CL? I called on that one right away, got no response. Wondered what happened to it.
            tommy
            '83 j10 pioneer 258/t5/208...gone
            '81 j10 sportside 258/t176/208
            '76 j10 shortbed 360/th400/QT
            '81 j10 sportside 258/tf999/208
            '74 j10 shortbed ...gone

Comment

• JerseyJeeps
              232 I6
              • Sep 25, 2008

The area sounds the same. Was it camo colored ?
              1978 Wagoneer

1982 J-10 Sportside

1978 J-10 Golden Eagle

and....12 more J-10s, 2 J-20 Wreckers, 1 J-300 Dually, 1 M715, 1 M725, 1 FC-170, 3 CJ-5s, 11 CJ-7s, 6 CJ-8s, 3 XJs, and a Comanche.

Comment

• Mohawk
                232 I6
                • Oct 25, 2005

I'm pretty bummed at what I've been finding, available. I'm glad my old Sportside has a great new home but I'd really like to find another one. Doesn't look like that will happen any time soon.

Comment

• mud89
                  304 AMC
                  • Nov 18, 2009

$600 for a sportside ! What a steal if it was running
                  J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77, Wagoneer '65, Gladiator '64 + parts rigs

Comment

• Billygoat
                    304 AMC
                    • Mar 16, 2004

I have been trying to sell a cherokee is decent shape and daily driveable on and off for over a year and now I am just over a grand which should be a steal, and I still can not move it...

it all comes down to 3 things
                    location - location - location

Comment

• cma
                      350 Buick
                      • Jan 26, 2012

not really...-)
                      my location was the whole USA -)))))), and at the end she came from Kansas

Originally posted by Billygoat
                      I have been trying to sell a cherokee is decent shape and daily driveable on and off for over a year and now I am just over a grand which should be a steal, and I still can not move it...

it all comes down to 3 things
                      location - location - location
                      Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• JerseyJeeps
                        232 I6
                        • Sep 25, 2008

Rust Rust Rust is more like it...Its worth travelling / shipping / and/or trusting good folks to send titles and make deals to a desperate NorthEaster just to get away from rust
                        1978 Wagoneer

1982 J-10 Sportside

1978 J-10 Golden Eagle

Comment

• CODE 5337
                          232 I6
                          • May 29, 2014

Originally posted by Mohawk
                          I used to be able to find FSJs for sale all day every day for $1k or less. Since I sold my J10 Sportside to a member here, 2.5 years ago, they've all vanished. I find very few of them and prices start at $4k and go up rapidly, for anything close to driving condition.
                          I'd love another J truck but not sure I can afford the price of admission, anymore.
                          Well, start saving your cookies*, cause it will be for sale. I do have one guy in line before you who I promised first right of refusal to, but I'll let you know if and when.

You and all others are gonna fall over dead and tell me I' m nuts, but the *price* will be over 40K.

Here is a teaser:

Keep on Jeepin,
                          Chris
                          "It's the pedal on the right!"

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                            Banned
                            • Mar 01, 2009

Compared to a Ford Raptor...which is a better value? which is a better truck?

I'd rather have a Jeep that works like a Raptor, than a Ford that runs like a...

Ford.

Comment

• Mohawk
                              232 I6
                              • Oct 25, 2005

No, Chris. I don't think you're nuts. I know the kind of work you do. Everything that comes out of your shop is top notch.

Comment

Working...
                              X