• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike7009
    350 Buick
    • May 26, 2003

body part removal

i want to remove the front part of the jeep. the part that the grill bolts to. it looks like the fenders need to be removed. is it all one piece or is it seperate from the part that holds the radiator and the part where the body mounts are. i just wanted to know how much of a job it is to take apart before i start to do it.
    -74 Cherokee 360, qt part-time, 4" lift 33's
    -90 waggy, soa w/ford f250 axles
    -Subaru legacy gt wagon. turbo
    -2012 tundra trd rock warrior
  • Tad
    • Nov 30, 2001

Two parts, the front valance that houses the lights and holds on the grill and the core support that attaches the radiator.

Easier if you pull the fenders but some folks can wiggle it out of there, lots of bolts to remove and the battery tray.

Give yourself a full day if you want to get it back on the same day.
    Be prepared to find a variety of missing items inside there, I found sockets, keys and a small rodent/skeleton looking thing on the last one.
    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Mike7009
      350 Buick
      • May 26, 2003

a deer hit me the other day and it pushed the the front in towards the radiator but not touching. i was thinking about just puting another front on it but i might be able to pull it back into shape a little and just put another grill in. my bumper is a steel bar and the impact snaped 2 of the bolts off and pushed the bumper in a little also. the deer was kinda tall and the grill took most of the hit. bent my fog light sideways and broke a headlight.
      -74 Cherokee 360, qt part-time, 4" lift 33's
      -90 waggy, soa w/ford f250 axles
      -Subaru legacy gt wagon. turbo
      -2012 tundra trd rock warrior

Comment

Working...
      X