• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tte531
    230 Tornado
    • May 24, 2016

Hydroboost Spacer Needed?

1983 Wagoneer 360

Ok im sorry if this is a repeat from somewhere deep in the library of knowledge but I cant find it and i promise ive tried....

I have a 1994 HB unit from an Astro. I have measured the rod length on the VacBooster and the HB unit and both rods are of the same length. Why then is an additional 1" spacer needed? If the rod length was longer then I would understand the spacer but mine appears to be the same from the back of the unit plate to the tip of the rod.

Am i looking at this wrong? Thanks for any help!
    1983 Wagoneer Limited 5.9L
  • 77Deepj20
    232 I6
    • Jan 24, 2016

Is the purpose of the spacer to adapt the bolt patterns of the different vehicles?
    1977 j20. Dana 60's, 4:10's Chrysler 360/np435/NWF blackbox/np203
    Hummer military 24 bolt wheels and 37" mt/r's.

Comment

• Tte531
      230 Tornado
      • May 24, 2016

Ok so that was a bad one on my part... That piston in the HB was just coincidentally at the same position as the one on my Vac Boost. so never mind...

But I have another question... Is there a pin that goes from the Hydoboost to the MC? like there is one that goes from the Vac Booster to the MC.. Or is there a piston in the HB that pushes the MC.

Thanks

Comment

• Tte531
        230 Tornado
        • May 24, 2016

Ok looks like there should be a rod. THis is the information i dont find when putting together your own unit.

Has anyone made their own HB to MC push rod?

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

Been a looooong time since I converted, but IIRC I just re-used the stock pushrod? It nothing special just a round metal dowel w/ smoothed ends.
          Could easily be made from round bar stock & grinder.
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• 68glad
            350 Buick
            • Jun 01, 2006

The spacer is needed to accommodate the longer rod of the astro unit that attaches to the brake pedal
            68 gladiator- 455/400/20 r.i.p.
            78 wagoneer- 401, drw60, drw70, 203/205, 38's, oba, obw, hydroboost, dual p/s pump, bla bla bla

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Comment

• serehill
              Gone,Never Forgotten.
              • Nov 22, 2009

well

Contact this guy Via the mail system on Ebay or look him up on this forum as Elliot. No one knows more about Jeep & Hydroboost than this guy he will have the knowledge & all parts you'll need to get this done. He's a Great guy.

Not all hydroboost rods can be modified so select carefully before you buy your used hydroboost unit. All products herein are modifications and not directly or indirectly affiliated with the Robert Bosch Corporation unless noted.

80 Cherokee
              360 ci 727 with
              Comp cams 270 h
              NP208
              Edlebrock performer intake
              Holley 4180
              Msd total multi spark.
              4" rusty's springs
              Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

Working...
              X