• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coondawg
    258 I6
    • Jun 14, 2007

Tailgate window switch

So i just installed BJs tailgate window switch, but I'm having an issue that I can't figure out. It seems to be a motor grounding issue.

I know for sure the motor is good, working both ways. I was using a direct battery connection to get it up/down for disassembly.

I've got 12v coming from the switch in both directions, confirmed at the motor pigtail. But no motor movement. However, if I operate the switch down, and I apply a ground directly to the opposite pin on the pigtail, I get movement.

What gives? Motor seems to be grounded, confirmed continuity between the housing and the tailgate.
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

sounds like issue w/ safety switch
    try bypassing it and see if things work normally
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Coondawg
      258 I6
      • Jun 14, 2007

Sorry, I forgot to mention the safety switch is completely out of the loop

Comment

• Coondawg
        258 I6
        • Jun 14, 2007

It just seems like in overlooking a ground somewhere. Would a bad front switch cause this? If I take and group so the tan/brown wires at the dash switch, rear switch operates as normal.

Comment

• kansasboy001
          232 I6
          • Nov 06, 2016

Yes as the whole thing grounds through the front switch. Does it work with the front switch?
          1983 Cherokee Laredo. 360/ 727/ np228/ Junkyard 7427 TBI/ Msd ignition

Comment

Working...
          X