• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GWNashville
    232 I6
    • Dec 28, 2016

Gas Tank for Sniper EFI

I'm adding sniper EFI with Hyper Spark Distributor and looking at replacing the fuel tank. Does anyone have this setup ? My fuel tank has a leak. Any suggestions for a new Fuel Tank?
    Richard
    GWNashville
    Email:[email protected]
    1989 Grand Wagoneer 360 c.i.
    727 Transmission
    Sniper EFI Hyperspark
    Serehill Rear Glass and Fog Light Harness.
  • acct21
    327 Rambler
    • May 20, 2014

Originally posted by GWNashville
    I'm adding sniper EFI with Hyper Spark Distributor and looking at replacing the fuel tank. Does anyone have this setup ? My fuel tank has a leak. Any suggestions for a new Fuel Tank?
    No replacements are available that I'm aware of, but plenty of folks have good pulls to sell.

Curious as to your leak. Leaks when full? Leaks all the time? Sometimes the vents get plugged up and the tank pressurizes and leaks out through the front vent grommet -- but you would probably only notice that when the tank is full, or if you've been offroad.
    1990 Grand Wagoneer with HD towing package -- everything works! (for now...)

Comment

• GWNashville
      232 I6
      • Dec 28, 2016

Definately leaks when its full. Getting ready to remove it and see what the problem is. Thanks
      Richard
      GWNashville
      Email:[email protected]
      1989 Grand Wagoneer 360 c.i.
      727 Transmission
      Sniper EFI Hyperspark
      Serehill Rear Glass and Fog Light Harness.

Comment

• acct21
        327 Rambler
        • May 20, 2014

If it only leaks when full, then I would bet you have plugged tank vents, and/or bad rubber tank vent grommets. Both the tank vent and grommet are available new.

Comment

• acct21
          327 Rambler
          • May 20, 2014

I just put a Sniper EFI on my '90, and I used a surge tank from RobbMc. It has the high pressure pump in a ~2qt can, and is slosh-proof. I installed it under the hood where the charcoal canister used to live. No need to upgrade your tank, or build any type of high pressure pump rail underneath your rig. I can't recommend the surge tank method enough.

Comment

Working...
          X