• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhodesx6
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 19, 2006

Holley vs Edelbrock

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone here has ran the Holley avenger carb. I am needing to replace my Edelbrock Performer and am considering changing over to this model. I was having some issues with stalling out on steep descents but figured out I need spring loaded needles to fix that. After looking at Holleys website it seems this carburetor would be a good matchup with my needs but just unsure of its history. Any help would be great. Oh yeah one other thing is the Holley is $400 and the edelbrock is $225 so thats kind of big. Thanks

if you plan on saving up $400 then I'd save up $200 more and buy a pro-jection set up off of ebay. better than both of those anyway you slice it. just make sure to get the closed loop kits with the small computer box (newer). if you can I'd sell the carb and put that money towards it.
    Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
    I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
    Originally posted by johnny019
    I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• derf
      360 AMC
      • Jul 12, 2001

I ran a Truck Avenger and I'll say it's the best aftermarket off road carburetor made. Still, if I was sticking with a carburetor, I'd seriously look into using a stock 2150 it's better off road than the truck avenger, it holds a tune better and it has an altitude compensation circuit that works reasonably well.

Still, I'm putting fuel injection on all my Jeeps.
      Try out my gear ratio calculator

My Jeeps: Truck Norris and Grimm Jeeper

Truck Norris doesn't need a brow. He has fists.

Comment

• funwheeling
        350 Buick
        • Nov 21, 2004

I have the holley now. I'm in the tunning phase. So far I like it. Easy to get to all the screws and adjustments. Will be changing the jets this week end. It will run now but floods out when gassed. Could be my timming as well.
        1991 Grand Wag "The Phoenix!" IS back from the ashes!!!
        My Yahoo
        BJ's 6" lift
        Holley Truck Avenger 670CFM
        Mickey Thompson Wheels
        Dick Cepeck FC-II
        Killer 32 Nurf Bars
        Comp Cam 260H
        MSD Distributor, Coil and Controller
        Edlebrock Headers
        Dual Exhaust 2 Flowmaster 50's

Comment

• funwheeling
          350 Buick
          • Nov 21, 2004

If I had to do it again (maybe in 5 years or so), I would get the edelbrock efi.
          1991 Grand Wag "The Phoenix!" IS back from the ashes!!!
          My Yahoo
          BJ's 6" lift
          Holley Truck Avenger 670CFM
          Mickey Thompson Wheels
          Dick Cepeck FC-II
          Killer 32 Nurf Bars
          Comp Cam 260H
          MSD Distributor, Coil and Controller
          Edlebrock Headers
          Dual Exhaust 2 Flowmaster 50's

Comment

Working...