4" lift springs + bj's lift shackles = smoother ride vs. stock shackles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • high desert hauler
    232 I6
    • Oct 16, 2012

4" lift springs + bj's lift shackles = smoother ride vs. stock shackles?

ok just a quick question guys.

i have a 4" lift spring kit on my waggy right now. im doing flares right now but i also have a set of lift shackles im debating on using or not. just out of curiosity would the lift shackles help the front end ride smoother? the rear is just gonna get a set of 1.5" lift blocks so this really only pertains to the front end.

in my mind i think the extra length of the shackle will allow my longer more arched springs to travel a bit further before hitting the limit of their travel. im not sure if the longer shackle will change the leverage on the spring enough to make a noticeable change in its spring rate though. so maybe the most i might gain is a bit more flex out if it but the same ride quality?

just something i have been wondering about in the back of my head. anyone have any ideas or experience with this?
  • surfwagoneer
    232 I6
    • Jun 23, 2012

I just did the same thing on my waggy. I have a Rusty's 4 inch and I put the on BJ's extended shackles on the front and a 1 inch zero rate spring in the rear. I do think that the longer shackle drives slightly better but I wouldn't expect an amazing improvement. I do like it though and would def do it again.

By the way I'm working on getting my flares (bushwacker) to do the same, gonna run 35 x12.5 with 3.5 backspacing. Post some pics when you get yours up, would love to see it
    89 GW- Rebuilt 360 w RV camshaft, 6 inch lift, de-smogged, 14 bolt, HD44, 35" tires

Comment

• high desert hauler
      232 I6
      • Oct 16, 2012

Just look up "another 79 waggy on the block" over in the generl tech section. I just posted the pics of the front flares. Went with the bushwackers myself. Looks very nice. I'm running in 33x12.5r15 MTs with a 2" wheel spacer right now. I just got my new u bolts in the mail today so on my next days off the shackles and block will get installed and hopefully if I have the time I'll get the rear bushwackers installed as well.

Comment

Working...
      X