• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lambrewski
    350 Buick
    • Jun 05, 2003

Junction Block Removal

Is it possible to remove the bolt from the engine bay side of the junction block and pull the engine side off without messing with the inside portion of the junction block/fuse box?

The reason I ask:
    I'm moving the yellow wire from the starter solenoid to mate with the red wire inside the dash that goes to the splice (at the junction block) - and use the new yellow/red wire from the solenoid as a straight power source for the cab. The rest of the charging loop will be removed (red wire from alt to junction block, and yellow wire under the dash).

Thanks!
    '78 Chief S W/T 360cid +.030 & RV cam, AGR steering gear, '80's Astro Van hydroboost, '84 GW steering pump, Edel elec fuel pump, TFI, MSD 6A, MSD eCore 48Kv coil, 8.5mm Spiral, TH400 w/ TCI +2qt pan & shift kit, BW1339, open D44's w/ 3.54's, EDL1406 w/ off-road, 4" spring lift, Rancho, 15x10 MT Classic Locks w/ 33x12.5 Toyo OpenCountry M/T

Yes, remove the bolt and with some coaxing it will come off. If I remember correctly there are lock tabs to contend with as well.
    Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
    Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• Michael_King024
      258 I6
      • Jul 23, 2010

yes you can...AND ITS SO MUCH FUN!!!!! ....ASK ME HOW I KNOW!!!!
      Big Mike
      83 wag limited-360-
      89 G.wag -360-
      "10-4 rubber duck"
      "In GOD we trust..all others pay cash"
      -mat. 21:42-

Comment

• []V[]AXX
        350 Buick
        • Nov 10, 2009

Originally posted by Michael_King024
        yes you can...AND ITS SO MUCH FUN!!!!! ....ASK ME HOW I KNOW!!!!
        were you bleeding? I was. I needed a tetanus booster afterward too. I got so fed up with the rust problems that I gutted the truck and started cleaning and painting parts.

Comment

• thinder
          232 I6
          • Sep 18, 2009

Yep it comes right off, but there are actually two plugs, one overlaps the other so dont freak out if one wont come out on its own
          86 Grand Wagoneer
          Cummins Ve pumped 4bta
          47RH
          np241
          D44 front and rear

Comment

• Michael_King024
            258 I6
            • Jul 23, 2010

Originally posted by []V[]AXX
            were you bleeding? I was. I needed a tetanus booster afterward too. I got so fed up with the rust problems that I gutted the truck and started cleaning and painting parts.
            bleeding sweatin hollerin cussin,,,LOL...actually the engine bay side was a breeze...but the interior cab side was holy great googly moogly summaamma boogly....especially putting it back together.....definataly a 2 man job to sandwich them back together. also the interior plug it near impossible to align one handed with all those wires....do your self a favor and remove the driver seat to give you more room to maneuver..... and since im fat all under dash work is a PITA!!
            Big Mike
            83 wag limited-360-
            89 G.wag -360-
            "10-4 rubber duck"
            "In GOD we trust..all others pay cash"
            -mat. 21:42-

Comment

Working...
            X