• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep-In Aug 20 & 21

Rather than re-hash everything that we've done to prepare for this event I decided to start a new thread.
    As you can see we've named the event "Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep-In".

We'll begin this adventure at 8:00AM Saturday August 20th. The meeting place will be the Red Lion Diner at the traffic circle rts 70 & 206 in Vincentown NJ. For directions do a "mapquest" of Vincentown NJ and you'll see the traffic circle. Directly across rt 70 from the diner is a vacant lot we'll meet there. We plan on pulling out of the lot for the trail ride at 9:00AM promptly! On that morning both Arter and I will be the contacts. Feel free to PM either of us for our cell phone numbers in case you need directions or are running late.
    Just wanted to get everyone up to date:
    1) Arter and I are meeting tomorrow (7/7) night to review the trail maps and campground information. We will also post some information about what to bring (and what NOT to bring) on the trail. Remember we're going to be in a State of New Jersey Park...some rules must apply. 1 of us will post an update after that meeting.
    2) I have contacted over 50 vendors of Full Size Jeep stuff asking for donations for "Goodie Bags" to be given away at the event. 15 vendors have replied and only 1 has declined to send something. 3 already have sent stuff (some really neat stuff I might add), 5 more have committed to making donations, 4 have asked for more information before making a committment. and 1 has asked me to contact them again in late July to see if they can make a donation. With any luck we'll be getting some more positive responses for donations. We're talking t-shirts, hats, stickers, videos, key chains, vehicle cleaning supplies, Jeep parts, books and gift certificates for parts. All donated free!
    3) Could everyone that is interested in attending please PM me with your name, e-mail and telephone number? I will be sending out some information to all of you from time to time and e-mail will be easier for me. I will also give you my e-mail and telephone number in response to yours.

Let's try to see if we can get a good number of FSJs for this event. The more the merrier!

Any questions or comments PM me.

[ July 09, 2005, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: 91G-Dub ]
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

Sorry to delay the update.
    Arter and I tried to get together this past week but family/work/other stuff got in the way.
    We're looking at getting together next week and will have more information then.

We're going to make a plan for the trail routing (don't get nervous now this will be a trail that stock FSJs can do very easliy and also have some challanges for those that are modified) along with details about camping etc.

Have heard from a few more suppliers about donations (all seem willing to contribute) and even got a second shipment of stuff from Family Jeep Parts. Got a box from Summit Racing today full of EMPTY goodie bags-stickers-catalog request forms. Oh well, we can use the bags to put the other stuff in I guess.

Stay tuned.

[ July 11, 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: 91G-Dub ]
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 91G-Dub
      360 AMC
      • Aug 21, 2004

To keep everyone posted on who has responded so far:

confirmed as attending:
      Slinky, Arter, Breilly, Battle Wagon NJ, JeepinPete, Pawag and 91G-Dub.

sitting on the fence thinking:
      Casey, DanHS, FSJ-Earl, Jeepeta & Greenfire

Start beating the bushes folks, see if we can get some more FSJs to play with us.

[ July 14, 2005, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: 91G-Dub ]
      91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Greenfire
        350 Buick
        • Nov 13, 2004

Im a definite maybe. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        1984 J10

Comment

• 91G-Dub
          360 AMC
          • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Greenfire:
          Im a definite maybe. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Then you're definitly sitting on the fence with DanHS & Casey.
          91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
            304 AMC
            • May 02, 2003

Put me on that "maybe" list!
            FSJ-Earl
            2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
            2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
            1989 GW - the one that started it all
            1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• 91G-Dub
              360 AMC
              • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by FSJ-Earl:
              Put me on that "maybe" list!
              As you can see, you're sitting on the fence with DanHS, Casey & Greenfire.
              91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hey I'm leaning towards this to the dismay of my hwy tires and missing gas tank skid plate.

Tell me more information. I see a start time, but can someone tell me when its over, are dogs allowed etc, is it overnight and how many miles of trail. Cost?? Need more info, not sure if my co-driver will be up to it since she's got a bun in the oven and things (.)(.)tend to hurt over bumps apparently? We gotta get an idea what event to expect, I've never run trail rides with the FSJ crowd yet, although I'm not a newbie to off-roading at all. My last jeep was sold weighing considerably more than when purchased, I say due to all the mud stuck underneath.

[ July 13, 2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Jeepeta ]

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                  360 AMC
                  • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Jeepeta:
                  Hey I'm leaning towards this to the dismay of my hwy tires and missing gas tank skid plate.

Tell me more information. I see a start time, but can someone tell me when its over, are dogs allowed etc, is it overnight and how many miles of trail. Cost?? Need more info, not sure if my co-driver will be up to it since she's got a bun in the oven and things (.)(.)tend to hurt over bumps apparently? We gotta get an idea what event to expect, I've never run trail rides with the FSJ crowd yet, although I'm not a newbie to off-roading at all. My last jeep was sold weighing considerably more than when purchased, I say due to all the mud stuck underneath.
                  In order of how you presented you questions:
                  1) Highway tires will be fine, that's what I have on my 1991GW and I have driven the trails that we'll be on. If Arter can make the correct hook-up there will be some challenging mud holes to play in but only for those that want to. Those that have stock (like mine) vehicles can get close enough to watch, cheer & jeer the FSJs that are up to that kind of task.
                  2) Gas tank skid plate not required, no rocks on trail, sandy trail nothing to worry about there.
                  3) Start time and meeting place are in first post in this section.
                  4) Dogs, cats and other furry critters are indeed welcome on the trail ride. Naturally you would be responsible for your own pet.
                  5) Overnight if you want to. Camping is available at a few campgounds. From the Phila area it's only about an hour drive. More information about that to come at a later time.
                  6) Not sure how many miles the trail is but certainly do-able in a day with frequent stops for scenic beauty, lunch and "pit stops". There will be a canoe trip on Sunday for those that want to go and a second shorter trail ride too for those that don't get enough fun on Saturday. You can do either or both days.
                  7) Cost $0.00
                  8) Co-driver's condition (.)(.) tough to say. Not a very bad ride a few whoop-d-doos along the way but you can take it slow and easy. That's your call.
                  If you have any other questions or concerns just ask.

[ July 13, 2005, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: 91G-Dub ]
                  91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

talked with S.O., put me on the fence to!

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                      360 AMC
                      • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by 91G-Dub:
                      To keep everyone posted on who has responded so far:

confirmed as attending:
                      Slinky, Arter, Breilly, Battle Wagon NJ, JeepinPete, Pawag and 91G-Dub.

sitting on the fence thinking:
                      Casey, DanHS, FSJ-Earl, Jeepeta & Greenfire

Start beating the bushes folks, see if we can get some more FSJs to play with us.
                      Fence is getting kind of crowded, let's see who is the first one to jump into the "i'm joining in on the fun" pool!
                      91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• baybilly
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 10, 2004

can i put my butt on that fence.or will it crash
                        I'll keep my guns, money and freedom, you can have the change !!!!!
                        baybilly = dave
                        1980 cherokee 401, TFI,msd, 4", 35's, The money pit!!!!
                        77 cherokee S ,parts
                        78 j10 , one day i'll get to it.
                        84 J10, parts
                        51 Willys
                        88 XJ, DD
                        92 XJ, the other half claimed it, DD
                        1966 GT-350 mustang/ project

Comment

• Greenfire
                          350 Buick
                          • Nov 13, 2004

Ill let ya know for sure in the beginning of august. Still a bit to early to say.
                          1984 J10

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                            360 AMC
                            • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by baybilly:
                            can i put my butt on that fence.or will it crash
                            You're there, fence is plenty strong not even starting to sag yet
                            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• mechanical man
                              350 Buick
                              • Dec 24, 2004

90% probable for me and the two boys.
                              chuck
                              87 GW 96 XJ

87 GW, B.J.s 4" lift, 3.92s, ARBs f&r, 32-11.50-15s BFG ATs, Eldebrock Performer/Holley 4160 4bbl, Thorley headers, Z&M HEI, Flowmaster 70 Series, just about everything mechanical rebuilt.

Other drivers: 06 Sequoia, 82 Avanti, 77 Bronco, 78 C-10 Custom Flatbed, 96 XJ-wife's

Comment

Working...
                              X