• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisnsarah
    360 AMC
    • Sep 24, 2000

Getting frustrated !!!

I think the worst part of working on my Jeeps and rebuilding/repairing components is tracking down some oddball parts.

Need just the dana 20 to adapter gasket-no luck at NAPA or Schucks/OReilys. Only place I've found it sold separately is 4wd hardware. Might just order a dozen or so since they are $.99

Adapter seals-No way at Schucks/OReilys and the NAPA said there's one in Denver and it may take a month to get here. No Thanks.

Not sure where to get that O-ring on the tailshaft or the adapter to transmission gasket. Might just cut my own or use silicone.

Gonna try Motion Industries at lunchtime for the seals.

Sorry, just venting, but if anyone knows a source for this stuff, please let me know. Maybe a transmission shop or 4x4 repair shop?
    '64 J200 thriftside
    '67 J2000 townside custom cab
    '68 Jeepster Commando
    '69 Super Wagoneer
    '75 J10
    '79 Cherokee S WT
    '75 Cherokee
    '61 Aristocrat Lil Loafer
  • 44BZ
    304 AMC
    • Dec 10, 2009

Maybe try Novak? I know they have a master rebuild kit for the Dana 20 (and other TCs), and you can purchase partial kits (i.e. gaskets and seals). Maybe they will sell just the parts you need also
    Zack - 68 J2000, AMC 327, 4bbl intake, dual exhaust, Pertronix upgrade, Holley 600cfm, T18, dana 20 (twin sticked), 3" body lift w/ 35x12.50 MTRs ~ running AND driving!

Comment

Working...
    X