• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

2008 Ouray FSJ Invasion

July 16, 17 & 18, 2008 - Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are for trail runs. Please be in Ouray by Tuesday to join in on trail rides beginning Wednesday.

NOTE: There is at least one requirement we make for those who join us for the trail rides. You must have a low range transfer case on your vehicle.

For 2008, we invade the San Juan Mountains with our FSJs all over again! Please plan to be in Ouray by Tuesday evening (July 15). We will be trail riding Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. There is the option stay another day and get together for a ride on Saturday as well. The socially acceptable FSJ place to camp is at the Ouray KOA. We have sites 45 through 53 and OF1 (now called 111) on hold for you to reserve until the end of December. 47D is the social gathering place for camp fire meetings. Anyone who wants 47D can contact us and we will help you get it.

Since we are not sure how long everyone might be able to stay, be sure and let KOA know which day you plan to depart. It is pretty laid back in the back by the aspens and only a short walk to the bathroom and showers. You are responsible to get and pay for your sites if you stay at the KOA or anywhere else. The best bet is to determine if you can make it to the 2008 Ouray FSJ Invasion and reserve early. Please remember: if you cancel less than 48 hours before your arrival date, you pay Dave for at least two nights any way. Your bill with KOA is your responsibility. Here is the KOA web site: OURAY KOA You can reserve a site by the Internet HERE, by email to Dave or call 1-800-KOA-8026. The office is open 8AM to 10PM until Labor Day. When you contact the KOA, tell them you are with the Full Size Jeep Group. Dave and Deborah spend the winter in Florida and will be leaving Ouray by the end of October until next Spring. They can take your reservations from where ever they are, but it may take a couple to a few days to make your connection once he has left for Florida. Please be patient with making reservations.

Here is a link to other lodging options. Note: Discounts mentioned at that link only applied to the 2002 Ouray FSJ Invasion.

Unofficial Ouray FSJ Invasion web site with more info

Thanks!
    Last edited by fulsizjeep; 05-06-2008, 09:21 AM. Reason: add date to title
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com
  • Jeep4myBoys
    350 Buick
    • Jul 23, 2006

Hey - one question for ya Flint - how big of a fifth wheel can the KOA handle? Iffin I plan on bringin the missus, it's gotta be in the luxomobile. She don't like tents! She's just gonna hafta decide whether to drive the truck w/trailer, or the jeep
    Timothy
    -------
    It's for my twin boys Sure, they're only 1 year old, but it's all for them!

Daily Driver: 04 F350 6.0 CC LB FX4 Lariat

Jeep: 88 GW 360/727/229, Rusty's 4", 33" tires, Holley TA, TFI **Razor**

Comment

• fulsizjeep
      Señor Jackhead
      • Aug 21, 2002

I have seen 5th wheels so big at KOA I sure would not want to be dragging them over Red Mountain on Hwy 550.
      Flint
      Ran when parked.
      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• flatbackdragon
        304 AMC
        • Aug 22, 2003

got 111 (OF1) for next year as we left this time.

60 is a pull thru and 56-59 have all had 5th wheels in them B4, same with 30-39 & 63-78, 93-108. Lots of big bus types use them, u should have no problem getting a 5th wheel in.

Flint- FJ's will be there the week B4 us next year July 10-12. (yeah they're coming back)
        "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."
        Gary Harmon-writer for Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (newspaper)

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)
        Draco-79 Cherokee 360/QT-4" lift-pretty much stock and trying to fall apart

Comment

• Jeep4myBoys
          350 Buick
          • Jul 23, 2006

Sent Dave an email asking for spot 60 - I'll be there next year!
          Timothy
          -------
          It's for my twin boys Sure, they're only 1 year old, but it's all for them!

Daily Driver: 04 F350 6.0 CC LB FX4 Lariat

Jeep: 88 GW 360/727/229, Rusty's 4", 33" tires, Holley TA, TFI **Razor**

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
            350 Buick
            • Jul 29, 2003

Just e-mailed Dave for site 47 again for next year. Sun-Sat.

Ralph

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I just put in a rez for 47E ; July 15- 19
              Tom Gibson
              1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
              1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
              1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
              2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• uglyjeepling
                350 Buick
                • Feb 01, 2003

Haha. I love the get right to it attitude! Ready for next year already!
                Matt 'Captain 'insert new stupid thing I did here''

"H2's are like sphincters, they're all crappy...and now Chinese."

'79 WT Cherokee, Black Stock Rims, BJ's Aluminum Radiator, 31" Firestone Destination M/T, PowerTrax No-Slip Locker, Hurculined passenger area, Holley Electronic Fuel Pump, TFI!!

'64 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Stock.

Comment

• BRUTUS
                  360 AMC
                  • Dec 06, 2005

I emailed for 47B
                  "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
                  Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
                  Current Homepage Status: RUNNING

Comment

• Tad
                    • Nov 30, 2001

Confirmed with Dave via phone @ 3:30pm, 7-18-07

tad???
                    July 15-19, 2008
                    Tent site 48

Flint/Krista,
                    Thanks for the hard work and effort you two put into this.
                    See you then if not sooner
                    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Confirmed:7/19/08

Tent site 47E
                      July15-19, 2008
                      Tom Gibson
                      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                      1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                      2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                        Señor Jackhead
                        • Aug 21, 2002

I have an updated KOA map in the works, just waiting on other confirmations. Way to go folks! Let's get together and do it again!
                        Flint
                        Ran when parked.

Comment

Originally posted by tadsal
                          Confirmed with Dave via phone @ 3:30pm, 7-18-07

tad???
                          July 15-19, 2008
                          Tent site 48

Flint/Krista,
                          Thanks for the hard work and effort you two put into this.
                          See you then if not sooner
                          Thanks Tad. It will be so good to have you there with us next year! And we'll definately try to hook up sooner. (We may be in the PHX area around turkey day).
                          Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                          77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                          The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• RiverRat
                            327 Rambler
                            • Aug 09, 2006

Alright, I'll bite. Just emailed Dave for 47C again. Hopefully we will have a Wag, a dad (Bryan's) and a couple friends along next year. May need to rent a cabin too for dad, we'll worry about that later. May as well have fun while I can, if all goes as planned I'll be back in school for a year, so 2009 and 2010 will be out for me . I'm about ready to post all my pics too!
                            BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
                            (I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• will e
                              Always Broke
                              • Nov 16, 2001

Put in for site 56 again. Arrive Sat the 12th and leave Sunday the 20th
                              82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

Working...
                              X