WTH JEEP?!?!?!? Are you F*ing kidding me?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

WTH JEEP?!?!?!? Are you F*ing kidding me?!?!?

OK, I have stood up for Jeep many times over this new Gladiator. People upset that they are calling the new "truck" a Gladiator. Folks saying it does not deserve that name; it should be a Scrambler, it's ugly, it's a useless as a truck, It's overpriced, etc. I stood up for them. Then I saw this:

WTH were they thinking?!?!? That truck is 10 times nicer than what almost all of us started with! The bed looks mostly rust free, The grill is gorgeous, body looks straight and rust free, the hubcaps, that front bumper is legit. I don't think it's a true 63 (has the wrong dash cluster, 3 point seat belts, front side marker lights, and steering wheel). I PRAY TO GOD that was a smog era rig with a swapped front grill. I also hope there was no tailgate.

You know what, Jeep? You're on your own with this one. You lost me. That was ridiculous. If you wanted to crush a Gladiator, you could have at least gotten a rustier turd.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee
  • Zorm
    304 AMC
    • Apr 08, 1997

WT*!!!! Aw that is just wrong, crushing a classic Jeep for another jeep. Yea, jeep, lower case
    83 Cherokee 4dr WT(axles) 4" lift, 351w, nv3550, NP208, installing soon

65 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 4 speed, 140 quad carb engine

71 F-250 Camper Special (in rewire stage)

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life.

Comment

• rapom
      232 I6
      • Aug 10, 2016

Whoever authorized this commercial is definitely RETARDED🙄

Comment

• ZackN920
        350 Buick
        • Nov 18, 2015

Well, ummmmmmmm. I'm speechless.

Hell, it would've been better to see it go out in a demo derby than that! If it couldn't have been made roadworthy it was worth gold in all the great parts! That WAS a nice truck. Much nicer than that new overpriced junk.
        1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
        Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
        ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• jeepman1
          258 I6
          • Jul 22, 2015

Dayum!

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
          OK, I have stood up for Jeep many times over this new Gladiator. People upset that they are calling the new "truck" a Gladiator. Folks saying it does not deserve that name; it should be a Scrambler, it's ugly, it's a useless as a truck, It's overpriced, etc. I stood up for them. Then I saw this:

WTH were they thinking?!?!? That truck is 10 times nicer than what almost all of us started with! The bed looks mostly rust free, The grill is gorgeous, body looks straight and rust free, the hubcaps, that front bumper is legit. I don't think it's a true 63 (has the wrong dash cluster, 3 point seat belts, front side marker lights, and steering wheel). I PRAY TO GOD that was a smog era rig with a swapped front grill. I also hope there was no tailgate.

You know what, Jeep? You're on your own with this one. You lost me. That was ridiculous. If you wanted to crush a Gladiator, you could have at least gotten a rustier turd.
          Jeep sucks! How dare they? That truck was in great shape! Cant believe a bunch of liberal French losers have no more respect than that for their namesake!!
          : 98 9er
          '83 Honcho j10
          '12 Liberty Ltd.. wifes
          '19 Chaparral H2o Dlx sport 21

Comment

• PlasticBoob
            All Makes Combined
            • Jun 30, 2003

Originally posted by jeepman1
            Cant believe a bunch of liberal French losers have no more respect than that for their namesake!!
            Now now...I bet it was a bunch of Land Rover blokes.
            Rob
            1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
            Click for video

Comment

• JeepJeepster
              350 Buick
              • Sep 04, 2014

Pretty sad indeed. Just a bunch of oblivious people running the show at Fiat, they dont know how ignorant they are.
              2004 Jeep Liberty
              1998 Jeep ZJ 5.9
              1994 Jeep ZJ I6
              1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 360

Comment

• ProTouring442
                327 Rambler
                • Mar 15, 2011

Ever stop to think it wasn't quite as nice as it looks? CGI can do a lot for a rusted out old Jeep.
                You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• Gladiator4x4
                  232 I6
                  • Apr 20, 2018

RIP 63 FSJ

Does anyone have any good contact email for Jeep corporate? I sent a flaming email to customer care but that will likely be deleted by some intern. There needs to be lots of blowback for this. I went to Jeep's official website and they have a big section about jeep history but they obviously don't care they just bought the name. I want to yell at someone about this but it needs to be the right person.

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
                    258 I6
                    • Dec 17, 2018

I agree with you guys, but my hope is the same as Gladiator 4X4, in that they used CGI to crush it.
                    Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
                    Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
                    PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
                    "Soon" is a relative term.
                    Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• Ristow
                      • Jan 20, 2006

Originally posted by rang-a-stang

you mean these ridiculous gimmicks they call cars didn't lose long ago? that thing they're calling gladiator is laughable. its one of those cars people buy to parade around on facebook for a few weeks and then buyers remorse sets in and they take a bath trading it off.
                      Originally posted by Hankrod
                      Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                      ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                      I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Towtruck
                        350 Buick
                        • Oct 11, 2001

Could have done it another way I suppose but that ad put our J trucks back on the map. Values are going nowhere but up (even Hagerty Insurance says so).
                        J10 - Body channel (3 inch drop @ front); dechromed; shaved side parking lights, antenna, and hood trim bar. Ford mirrors, roll pans, side exhaust, 16 inch wheels, custom dash, new interior, Edelbrocked 360, HEI, T18/208 (J20), rear disk brakes, goose neck and bumper hitches.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 31, 2016

OK, I got a message from someone that knows what happened. They asked me to keep who they are and how they know confidential but the story seems legit. here's what they said:

So . . . UGH, The REAL story.

OK - get your flame throwers out..

I had the EXACT same reaction when I saw this a couple of weeks ago.. REALLY ! So I called the [person that knows exactly what happened] to say .. wtf ??

And he told me the story ..
                          First off, an ad agency is hired to come up innovative with ideas to help message any new vehicle to the public. This idea was approved by brand. However, it was to be a "fake" vehicle.. i.e. a CGI look alike.

Now, THAT said, the agency bought a non runner with a decent body at a scrap yard.. (and I agree - I would have taken that body any day!) They were going to show it being moved, then CGI the destructive sequence. There was discussion of adding the truck to the Jeep collection...

THEN - the ad agency, unknown to the Jeep brand, decided it was way too expensive to CGI the scene. THEY decided to actually crush the truck. The agency just did it. Jeep didn't know or approve it, but it was too late. Video made.

Dang, yes it was a real truck, and yes it was crushed. It was NOT a 63 as some of you have noted...

Now you know.. right or wrong what happened. I hate it, but that's what happened.
                          I appreciate the insider scoop but it still sucks. Lets all just hope it was a smoggie, with tons of rust that was either CGI'ed out or rattle canned over, a bent frame, missing interior loaded with rat turds, and a rat nest of wiring. and hopefully the crusher stopped before the grill was munched/tailgate removed.
                          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                          (Cherokee Build Thread)
                          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• babywag
                            out of order
                            • Jun 08, 2005

I call BS...
                            The agency determined CGI was too expensive?
                            Seriously?
                            Come on...
                            It's supposed to be a Super Bowl ad that costs millions to air and some CGI is too expensive?
                            Tony
                            88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                              350 Buick
                              • Jul 09, 2009

The ONLY thing on that truck that was "Gladiator" was the grill.
                              Watch the video again, and stop it at the side view and the interior view.

Yes it was a "brow" truck, but it was not a 63, in fact it was not even a 1960's truck.

Would I crush it?
                              NO!
                              But things are not always as they appear.
                              (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

Working...
                              X