• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trail rate this
    232 I6
    • Apr 04, 2010

Engine sputters out

I got all the swapping done and now have a nice waggy. I have driven it for the last three days. It has died on me twice while sitting at red lights. It just sputters out and dies. It runs great the rest of the time. If I try to start it, it runs for a second and dies then wont start. If I let it sit for a few minutes it will start up and run fine.What are your thoughts?
  • gsmikie
    Auto Trannie God
    • Feb 18, 2001

adjust your carb float
    I\'ve seen gsmikie\'s video for the TH400 and thought it was just awful.watching a guy tear down a greasy pile of metal in a junkyard. it dosent have to be surrounded by water to be an island

Comment

• trail rate this
      232 I6
      • Apr 04, 2010

any good write ups on adjusting the float?

Comment

• trail rate this
        232 I6
        • Apr 04, 2010

Drove it to the gas station this morning and it ran great. It took 6 gallons to fill it up. When I tried to started it, it didn't want to. It started then sputtered out. It did this about 5 times. Finally I popped the hood and looked at the stuff. I noticed the Ignotion Control Module was hot. It seems to get so hot that it has melted the resin out of it. It seems to only get hot when I have the ignition on but the engine isn't running. If the engine is running it's fine. While I was getting gas I did have the ignition so I could mess with the radio. I did do a Ford E-coil and cap upgrade while I was rebuilding it. The ICM looked new when I put it in and I know everything ran in the old body. Can someone give me some insight into what's going on.Thank you

Comment

• Billygoat
          304 AMC
          • Mar 16, 2004

Are you running the motocrap module?

Ditch it and use a GM 4-pin on a good aluminum heat sink

Here is a link that shows how to wire, and a way to sneak past inspectors
          http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...ht=tfi+upgrade

For the Module tell the parts store clerk
          1986 Chevy C20 with a 5.7 (350)
          Last edited by Billygoat; 09-01-2010, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X