X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amc71601
    350 Buick
    • Dec 26, 2003

Nah, I live in Belleview in between Ocala & the Villages.

Comment

• Driftwood
      350 Buick
      • Jun 12, 2000

You should probably donate it to me since it is in the early but unreversible stages of Florida rust. I'll make the shipping arraignments....

Oh how I have always wanted a WT Cherokee.
      1979 Wagoneer

Comment

• Amc71601
        350 Buick
        • Dec 26, 2003

Well I managed to get all of the bedliner off. I left it on the front & back behind the bumpers though. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I didn't let the paint remover sit as long for the rest so it didn't take off the primer. I think I'm going to paint it from the body line down, since there's a few spots that need some work.
        I'm glad I decided to ditch the bedliner,I found a spot that was starting to rust right where the rear flare meets the rocker panel in the corner. I never would have seen it until it was too late because of it being all gooped up there. I'll try & get some pics of the progress as I go.

Comment

• Amc71601
          350 Buick
          • Dec 26, 2003

Back in Black!

Well I finally managed to finish up the mess I made. I ended up having to paint more of it than I expected because the tape I was using pulled off some of the paint I was going to leave. I just went ahead & painted from the body line right below the rear window . Of course it didn't come out as good as I would have hoped, but I'm not too picky. I'll get some pics as soon as I get the bumpers back on it & clean it up.

I still want to paint the flares,rockers, the window panels, & center of the hood flat black...Then I can work on deleting the roof rack & gun rack. I think I'm going to give it a break though so I can replace a few gaskets & seals under the hood, since it decided to start leaking from pretty much everywhere since it's been sitting. I'll probably put a new water pump in it too & possibly a new timing chain since the timing cover is the worst leak next to the tranny/t-case leak that developed. At least the worst is behind me with the body work mostly done, everything else is pretty easy.

Comment

• j2sax
            350 Buick
            • Mar 20, 2003

You probably already have this planned, however..

just in case; If it were me and I was doing the timing cover I would go ahead and get a good quality oil pan gasket and do the rear main.

Also rebuild the oil pump and upgrade with a mid plate from Bull tear (the steel plate between the gears and the housing)

Of course, that's the problem with me... the last 2 times I got into an oil pan, I then decided to replace all the main and rod bearings as well... with the engines in the vehicles. I just figure while I am in there, how hard can it be? brought up some oil pressure figures though!
            Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• j2sax
              350 Buick
              • Mar 20, 2003

You probably already have this planned, however..

just in case; If it were me and I was doing the timing cover I would go ahead and get a good quality oil pan gasket and do the rear main.

Also rebuild the oil pump and upgrade with a mid plate from Bull tear (the steel plate between the gears and the housing)

Of course, that's the problem with me... the last 2 times I got into an oil pan, I then decided to replace all the main and rod bearings as well... with the engines in the vehicles. I just figure while I am in there, how hard can it be? brought up some oil pressure figures though!
              Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Amc71601
                350 Buick
                • Dec 26, 2003

Yeah the rear main & oil pan gasket are on the list when I decide to start messing with it. I'll probably run it for a couple of weeks before I dig into it, since it's been sitting for 2 months. I was checking it out today & it doesn't look like the timing cover is leaking too bad...It's still full of oil too so I'm really not too worried about it right now. I'm just happy that it's back on the road & hopefully I don't have any issues with it so I can take it fishing this weekend.

Comment

• Amc71601
                  350 Buick
                  • Dec 26, 2003

Here's how it looks now

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                    Cherokee Outlaw
                    • Jan 10, 2006

Turned out great! What a beautiful Cherokee, looks way nicer than mine
                    -Jonny B.
                    1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
                    7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
                    AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
                    NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
                    F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
                    R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
                    1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
                    1979 Wagoneer - Sold
                    1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• cma
                      350 Buick
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Yes, looks really good, i like the black ones!
                      Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• Amc71601
                        350 Buick
                        • Dec 26, 2003

It's been a while since I posted here. I finally have all the gauges working, cracked float on the fuel sender was the problem. I put a new Holley on it a while back...what a difference that made. Now I can push the pedal without worrying about it stalling I also put a new master cylinder and booster on it so it goes and stops nice now, nice enough to be my daily driver now...especially now that I know how much fuel it has

Comment

• SOLSAKS
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 25, 2016

nice cherokee

i LIKE it.

black and mean looking.

dave in NC
                          SOLSAKS - dave
                          1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
                          1982 J-10 Fleetside
                          1988 grand wagoneer
                          2004 RUBICON jeep
                          Benson, NC

Comment

• Amc71601
                            350 Buick
                            • Dec 26, 2003

Just a quick update. I had to replace the carb again so I put a brand new Edelbrock on it, it runs much better now & has better mileage. I've been daily driving it for work for a while now. I've put almost 5000 miles on it since I bought it, which isn't too bad considering. I'm starting to figure out what color I'm going to go with when I repaint it too, thinking a metallic gray.

Comment

Working...
                            X