• Show
Clear All
  • J10Mike
    Delightfully Incompetent
    • Jun 04, 2003

replacement seats....anybody?

what seats did it for you?
    www.j10mike.com
    Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

• Stuka
    • Jan 21, 2001

Yeah, I am looking to convert my 81 J10 to buckets. the bench is in great shape, but I dont like how its higher in the center thent he sides. Plus I just prefer buckets.

Comment

• Dome
      304 AMC
      • Apr 06, 2000

I got a set of those BestTop seats (made for CJ's/Wranglers). They are great in the Wag. A million times better than the crappy seats FSJ's came with. Plus, with some simple fabrication, you can make them work with the factory power seats.
      83 Wagoneer Limited (R.I.P)
      360, TF727, NP228
      SOA, 35's, WT Axles, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker

Comment

• bentpushrod
        327 Rambler
        • Jul 20, 2001

When I had my wag I used some buckets out of a late 90's Subaru. Picked them up at a yard for 45 bucks if I remember right. Very very comfy. A bit of fabrication to make them fit, but well worth the effort.

Comment

• J10Mike
          Delightfully Incompetent
          • Jun 04, 2003

dome, bentpushrod,
          do your seats sit up any higher than the stock seats?

mike
          www.j10mike.com
          Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

• Mo
            232 I6
            • Jan 28, 2002

I'm looking at using a set of ZJ or WJ leather seats...
            91 Grand Waggy<br />360 w/ Holley Street Dominator intake, AFB carb, and TFI

Comment

• bentpushrod
              327 Rambler
              • Jul 20, 2001

J10Mike,

Mine didn't, I adapted the subaru seats to fit the stock wagoneer brackets, so they sat at factory height.

Comment

• Zac
                327 Rambler
                • Nov 24, 2002

I just used some rx7 seats and my friend stephen used honda prelude seats.
                82 Wagoneer<br />welded 44 and detroited 14blt<br />np 208<br />rebuilt 360 36/12.50 tsl<br /><br />Thing is man, I don\'t even care.

Comment

• Dome
                  304 AMC
                  • Apr 06, 2000

Originally posted by J10Mike:
                  dome, bentpushrod,
                  do your seats sit up any higher than the stock seats?

mike
                  Yes, slightly, due to the bracket I fabricated so that I could use the seats with the factory power seat frame.

However, I believe that the seats will bolt directly up to the manual seat frames, in which case, I do not see any reason why they should sit higher than the stock seats.
                  83 Wagoneer Limited (R.I.P)
                  360, TF727, NP228
                  SOA, 35's, WT Axles, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker

Comment

• Tad
                    • Nov 30, 2001

Great topic J10Mike.
                    I put 85 GW power seats into the 70 wag, a big step up from the original bench seat but they provide very little lumbar support and were very jaring at Ouray and the 1,100 there and back. I would like to keep the power seat brackets and find something more accomodating for my spine.
                    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Cary
                      232 I6
                      • Jul 02, 2003

These in the lil jeep are Ford Explorer leather. All power and really comfortable. Plus they are easy to find...Can you say "rollover?"

I will check and see if the brackets are stock or custom.

Cary<br />The bald guy<br />65 Waggy and lots of other projects waiting in the wings

Comment

• J10Mike
                        Delightfully Incompetent
                        • Jun 04, 2003

cary,
                        it seems that i read somewhere in another post some time back that someone stated that explorer/mountaineer seats were an excellant replacement seat for fsj. i just need to see if the brackets need to be modified or if the seats will be somewhat raised height wise over the stock seats.

mike
                        www.j10mike.com

Comment

• Cary
                          232 I6
                          • Jul 02, 2003

The seats sit a little higher in the little jeep. The shifter knob needs about a 1" extension, but the 400way power seats make it ok. Not near as annoying as the game of twister you have to play to use the emergency brake with that D#$^ full roll cage.

I bet they would look really nice in a Fullsize, but my waggy is no where near ready to worry about the insides yet.

Cary
                          Cary<br />The bald guy<br />65 Waggy and lots of other projects waiting in the wings

Comment

• J10Mike
                            Delightfully Incompetent
                            • Jun 04, 2003

cary,
                            do the seats push forward? like if you were to want to put something behind the seat.
                            www.j10mike.com

Comment

• Cary
                              232 I6
                              • Jul 02, 2003

I would think that since they make a 2 door Explorer that they would, I will check next time I drive the Jeep. It is our Shop Toy and I usually get it when I need it or it needs something done to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X