Rolled my Wag in Arizona-Donor body found -recovery video posted -post #318 for link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lindel
    Perfesser of Jeepology
    • Jun 15, 2000

Like I said on FB, glad that all of you, including Luna, are intact and safe. Bumps, bruises (and even stitches) will heal, and nothing was lost that can't be replaced, or rebuilt.

Keep your heads up, there are worse things.
    Jeep Grounds
    RRV Homepage
    Texas Full Size Jeep Association
    1987 Grand Wagoneer
    AMC 360/TF727/NP229
    1999 Wrangler Sport
    4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

• BlackBart
      258 I6
      • Apr 04, 2005

The tear that would be shed for the demise of one Trusted and Beloved Waggy, shall be replaced with Gratefulness and Joy at the safe return of trusty puppy as well as the absence of broken carcasses and extinguished flames.
      I have Every Confidence that the many AMC goodies will find their way into a worthy shell, and Phoebe will once more be drizzling libations of Quadratrac juice down the trail before ya know it.
      And there will be yarns told and songs sung around the campfire telling of high adventure, and heroism, by Those Who Survive.
      Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
      Conan the Cimmerian

The proper response to a complex problem is to grab a sword and brutally hack away until the problem stops moving.

Comment

• Josh D
        360 AMC
        • Jan 17, 2002

Originally posted by AnnieL
        Dear God, how far was the drop? Looks like quite a ways down... (gulp)
        I'd say about 30 ft. It was nice that it landed on it's wheels for an easier recovery.

'71 J2000 Gladiator
        '95 YJ on Waggy axles
        '80 911 Super Carrera

Comment

• Tad
          • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Josh D
          I'd say about 30 ft. It was nice that it landed on it's wheels for an easier recovery.

Easily I would think. That's Bob standing by Kevin's WT, Bob's my height at 6'.

Josh,
          I'm going to open up your other pic's if Mike didn't do so already.

OK folks, it's just about time for F&K's annual trek to Arizona, and as always we will have an overnighter wheelin' excursion. Date is the weekend before Thanksgiving, November 20-22. Start time is still up in the air, but should be around 9-930 AM-ish, or so, maybe. This year's drive will start in Florence at

OK folks, it's just about time for F&K's annual trek to Arizona, and as always we will have an overnighter wheelin' excursion. Date is the weekend before Thanksgiving, November 20-22. Start time is still up in the air, but should be around 9-930 AM-ish, or so, maybe. This year's drive will start in Florence at
          2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
          EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
          Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• scantar
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Jul 16, 2005

Goodness! Glad you and Flint are OK, Krista! And doubley glad you found Luna too

Whew...those pics of the dropoff are scary looking
            '76 Waggy, TH400, Quadratrac and a fourOH!one Sold

My other car is a Viner Pro Team...no wait, my other car is a Masi Speciale...nonono, my other car is a Bianchi 928SL

Comment

• Dr. Marneaus
              360 AMC
              • Jun 16, 2010

Man, the situation still sucks, but I'm glad y'all got the dog back!
              Originally posted by FSJunkie
              Dr. Marneaus is now officially my idol.
              The Mag - The Wag

The Beast Build Thread:Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread
              1973 Wagoneer - 1987 360 w/ factory 4bbl - TH400 - D20 - D30/D44

Comment

• Gary's Addiction
                258 I6
                • Sep 10, 2004

Glad things didn't come out worse and hope you're reunited with the pup soon.

Looking over the pics I just kept saying to myself, dang but these things are built tough.
                81 Cherokee - long gone
                91 Grand Wagoneer - more recently gone
                89 Grand Wagoneer - new ride currently sucking money out of my wallet.
                91 Grand Wagoneer - Back again!!!

Comment

• RiverRat
                  327 Rambler
                  • Aug 09, 2006

Originally posted by BlackBart
                  The tear that would be shed for the demise of one Trusted and Beloved Waggy, shall be replaced with Gratefulness and Joy at the safe return of trusty puppy as well as the absence of broken carcasses and extinguished flames.
                  I have Every Confidence that the many AMC goodies will find their way into a worthy shell, and Phoebe will once more be drizzling libations of Quadratrac juice down the trail before ya know it.
                  And there will be yarns told and songs sung around the campfire telling of high adventure, and heroism, by Those Who Survive.

Very nice! I like it
                  Sounds like people all over the place were trying to help any way they could, that is fantastic. Nice to know there are still good people out there! Sorry that sounds cynical, I know.
                  BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
                  (I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• Tatsadasayago
                    350 Buick
                    • May 15, 2009

For what it's worth:
                    I was glad all of you made it out of the hills intact and VERY SAD to see Phoebe all hurted. I want to help bring her back!

I have a 76 401 Waggy that is darn near a clone to Phoebe. If there is a way to get the Wag to you, I'll gladly donate the clean body and frame with clear title.

I'm in Sacramento and the Gag O Neer is on a flatbed in the side yard without axles. She's slated to go to the crusher if I can't find a home for her.
                    So, if someone can come up with transport it's yours free of charge Flint n Krista!

Jim
                    KY7DX/6
                    76 401 Wagoneer *The Gag-O-Neer*
                    77 360 W/T Cherokee Chief *Blair Jeep Project III* http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=113707

Sacramento, CA USA

Comment

• Eugene 1
                      304 AMC
                      • Feb 04, 2006

after looking at the recovery pics ..you guys are extremely Lucky!. glad you got the pup back
                      JEEP
                      2005 Ram 1500 HemI

Comment

• turtlejoe
                        304 AMC
                        • Jun 01, 2002

Originally posted by Tatsadasayago
                        I have a 76 401 Waggy that is darn near a clone to Phoebe. If there is a way to get the Wag to you, I'll gladly donate the clean body and frame with clear title.

So, if someone can come up with transport it's yours free of charge Flint n Krista!

Tats, what an incredible idea/offer!!
                        Kerry - Raised by Jeep
                        "Got Altitude?"
                        "Trigger"
                        '78 Cherokee Chief WT 33X12.50 BFG A/T's, 15X8 Rockcrawlers, 4" BDS lift, TFI, NOS QT, TH400
                        "Sherman"
                        1993 4.0L Grand Cherokee, 44HD rear, 4:10's
                        "Roxie"
                        2004 Rubicon
                        "Moose"
                        2000 Ford Expedition XLT with 4.6L

Comment

• 70FSJ
                          230 Tornado
                          • Mar 05, 2009

Now That's What I'm Talking Bout!

For what it's worth:
                          I was glad all of you made it out of the hills intact and VERY SAD to see Phoebe all hurted. I want to help bring her back!

I'm in Sacramento and the Gag O Neer is on a flatbed in the side yard without axles. She's slated to go to the crusher if I can't find a home for her.

Folks if there ever was family and friends established over long distances...this fourm leads the way. I am honored to be a member of a group of caring people who will do things like this to make a good situation out of a bad one.
                          Krista & Flint I am so sorry for the loss of the vehicle, but I am so thankful that you're both ok. My wife and I have kept you and your puppy Luna in our prayers. Looks like they were answered.
                          Best of luck to everyone! Be safe this holi-daze season.

Sincerely,
                          Steven

Comment

• Lindel
                            Perfesser of Jeepology
                            • Jun 15, 2000

Beyond a doubt, this is the BEST collection of misfits on the web. Most of my best friends I've got right here. Flint and Krista are right up there, even tho we've never met face to face. We've just know each other for a long time...and Krista's still a youngster even!!
                            Jeep Grounds
                            RRV Homepage
                            Texas Full Size Jeep Association
                            1987 Grand Wagoneer
                            AMC 360/TF727/NP229
                            1999 Wrangler Sport
                            4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

• janie
                              • Aug 11, 2001

For what it's worth:

You sir, are a gentleman among gentleman. Ultimately, the final decision is left to Flint and Krista. However, since your willing to donate, so am I.

I've got $200.00 bucks in mad money to help transport this rig to the 4 corners.
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

• amcpsycho2
                                258 I6
                                • Mar 06, 2010

Originally posted by jsinajeep
                                I though about bring it to my house for a 401 trade out.
                                Hey Jerry,there's more than one way to get one of them 401's out of Colorado!Sorry to hear about your misfortune,Krista and Flint,just remember,"What doesn't kill you will make you stronger".On the more serious side,I'm praising God for caring for you and yours!HE truly does care for us in a very personal way!God bless you and keep you!
                                psycho
                                Last edited by amcpsycho2; 11-23-2010, 08:20 PM.
                                You say psycho like it's a BAD thing!

Some days it's just not worth chewing thru the restraints!

Comment

Working...
                                X