• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cha05Twn07
    232 I6
    • Dec 15, 2009

Headliner material on TGW

Hello FSJ'ers: I am looking to replace the full headliner on my '91 Wagoneer. Anyone have luck with the material they sell on Team Grand Wagoneer? Thanks
    1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    www.1991jeepgrandwagoneer.com
  • AMC80cherokee
    232 I6
    • Nov 02, 2011

Originally posted by Cha05Twn07
    Hello FSJ'ers: I am looking to replace the full headliner on my '91 Wagoneer. Anyone have luck with the material they sell on Team Grand Wagoneer? Thanks

I have a complete headliner for a 1980 Chero...don't know whether it'd fit your 91.
    It was made by SMSheadliner; but it was a little too small in some areas, so I had to replace it.
    I will give to you FREE, as long as you pay for shipping & packaging.

Lemme know
    1980 Jeep Cherokee - WT
    1978 Chevy Nova - Rally
    1986 SAAB 9000-T
    2009 Chrysler Town & Country
    2010 MBZ 350 E - AMG
    2015 YUKON Denali

When you are ready to learn...close the books

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

stay away from TGW look online there are many shops selling what you need

be sure to u tube how to replace it and be especially carefull which adhesive you use - you must use headliner adhesive as it does no suck into the foam padding. this is important because if the padding gets adhesive in it, anytime you press on it it will permanently make little craters in it
      Last edited by Tripwire; 07-28-2016, 02:56 PM.
      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• SlowGear
        232 I6
        • Jan 12, 2013

Purchased the headliner kit from BJs which comes with a can of the aerosol glue. This worked fine although a bit pricey in my opinion.

I recently purchased foam-backed headliner material at JoAnn fabric store to redo our old Pontiac. With their discount coupon I paid less than $30 for 6.5 feet. Unfortunately they only carry 3 colors - beige, grey and black.
        Mike

88 Grand Wagoneer
        Bone stock - except the missing stuff

Comment

• Cha05Twn07
          232 I6
          • Dec 15, 2009

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will keep you posted on how the project goes.
          1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• Cha05Twn07
            232 I6
            • Dec 15, 2009

Originally posted by AMC80cherokee
            I have a complete headliner for a 1980 Chero...don't know whether it'd fit your 91.
            It was made by SMSheadliner; but it was a little too small in some areas, so I had to replace it.
            I will give to you FREE, as long as you pay for shipping & packaging.

Lemme know
            Thanks for the offer - I really appreciate it. I'm trying to keep this stock and I don't think that would fit in my '91. I need to do the headliner, visors, and the overhead console.
            1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• Studebaker1965
              232 I6
              • Jan 25, 2016

I had SMS do my visors and sell me material so a local shop could do the headliner and center consol. Very good to deal with.

Nate

Comment

• AMC80cherokee
                232 I6
                • Nov 02, 2011

Originally posted by Cha05Twn07
                Thanks for the offer - I really appreciate it. I'm trying to keep this stock and I don't think that would fit in my '91. I need to do the headliner, visors, and the overhead console.
                NP. I understand. I was able to buy 2 replacement visors on eBay, so I didn't need to have mine covered.
                If you change your mind and think it'd fit, just send a PM.

Karl
                1980 Jeep Cherokee - WT
                1978 Chevy Nova - Rally
                1986 SAAB 9000-T
                2009 Chrysler Town & Country
                2010 MBZ 350 E - AMG
                2015 YUKON Denali

When you are ready to learn...close the books

Comment

Working...
                X