International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Classifieds > "Look Here" for Parts, Vehicles and Vendors > For Sale: Complete Vehicles (Need not run, must be complete, no parting out)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2019, 11:14 AM
232 I6

1976 J20 - Pay what you can - Local pickup in Colorado

All original 1976 J20
401 V8 with a BW-1339 Tcase.
No title
Pay what you think it's worth

Life circumstances have driven me to need to get rid of my much-loved project. I don't have the time to try and get it sold, and I am moving and need it gone.

I am offering the truck for whatever you think it's worth if you can pick it up in Colorado in the next few weeks/ before end of May. If you wanna throw me what you think it's worth, thank you. If you need a donor vehicle but aren't willing to pay for something without a title, I'll be grateful to see it go to a good cause.

If I can't get this thing to a jeep lover, it's going to be scraped and that kills me, so I am hoping someone has a spare parking place around here!

No title, and hasn't been titled since the 80s
New battery, lots of spare parts with it. Super Traxions are only a few years old and haven't seen any miles. Headers and mufflers come with it, but won't fit until the suspension is gone through. Just rebuilt the tcase, new chain and seals. New shocks, air filter, plugs, etc. Went through it to get it running, but haven't gotten deeper into it.

The truck was a plow truck for a lot of years, so the suspension really needs a look, but the frame is absolutely solid, and most of the body is straight and rust free. The bed needs attention, and there are some spots forming in the rear, but all-in-all better shape than a lot of trucks I've come across. Some dumba$$ (namely me) messed up really bad getting the oil pan back on, so it leaks a little bit, but nothing too bad if it's not at temp. The only other part I can think of that definitely needs a look is the starter- seems to be doing better now with the new battery, but it was grinding a bit prior to that change.

Let me know if you can pick this thing up. It really isn't a bad truck, and I'd like to see it stay complete, but I can't make it happen, so open season! I would like to speak with whoever will be picking it up prior, and if you choose to pay anything, cash or pay pal only please!

Photos in the build thread in the signature. I am not linking any other postings of the truck because this is the only one. If I can't get it to a jeep person, I don't have the effort to futts with CL or whatever. So I will hand it to the "we buy junk cars" people.

Jeep looking for new home:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=187181

My Honda was my motivation to finish my Jeep Now it's just reality.