• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Waggymcgee
    232 I6
    • Oct 19, 2020

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
    BUT I will ignore any Honda Ridgeline that waves. You have to draw a line somewhere. I mean, you have to have SOME dignity...right?
    One must have standards rang! If I ever see a ridgeline I just stare at it, confused like.

In a short time, I too have not just Jeep, but intellectual superiority. Mine looks like and I am convinced it is better than any newer model Jeep I see. I drank the kool-aid and it was gooooood.
    Kerry (she)

85 GW w/ HD tow pkg

Comment

• Be from Be
      232 I6
      • Jan 27, 2017

Originally posted by Waggymcgee
      One must have standards rang! If I ever see a ridgeline I just stare at it, confused like.

In a short time, I too have not just Jeep, but intellectual superiority. Mine looks like and I am convinced it is better than any newer model Jeep I see. I drank the kool-aid and it was gooooood.

1978 Cherokee Chief
      360 V8 Automatic
      Quadra Trac w/ Mile Marker conversion
      4" Skyjacker

Comment

• Mars
        350 Buick
        • Apr 24, 2010

I wave and get waved at quite often.
        Wannabe Fabricator
        Grumpy on a good day.
        1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
        What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• Waggymcgee
          232 I6
          • Oct 19, 2020

Originally posted by johnsonic
          It was still a thing when I had my 1st SJ in 99. Now, not so much unless I'm passing another FSJ - then we both freak the hell out. Not so much a wave as a full body reaction.

Don't know if the yuppie / soccer mom / bro-tractor crowd know about the wave.
          Thought about this post today, passed a seventies wagoneer on the highway. We both freaked the hell out and about gave myself whiplash!

Then the hubs went for his first real ride in it and she did great and some guy at the store was all impressed. This is all good because the more he likes it, the more I can dump money into it not that I listen anyways. It was a good Jeep day!!!
          Last edited by Waggymcgee; 02-27-2021, 07:05 PM.
          Kerry (she)

85 GW w/ HD tow pkg

Comment

• rang-a-stang
            Administrator
            • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by Waggymcgee
            ... It was a good Jeep day!!!
            Sometimes, these are hard to come by!!!
            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
            (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
            (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
            79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
            (Cherokee Build Thread)
            11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
            09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• UnkleMunky
              350 Buick
              • Oct 17, 2000

It's like bigfoot here too...not all that common. The few that are most likely to give a wave are the ones that are also on the outskirts of the Jeep family. The Comanches, the YJs, or other older jeeps (FS or other pre-chryco). Eagles as well. I've had a few XJs or TJs and like give waves, but it's the exception and not the rule. And they clearly are only waving because they recognize that it IS a Jeep. Most don't have a clue what we have ARE Jeeps.

I just try to take note of any waves....whether they are using all their fingers or not. That says a lot more about people.
              Michael (UnkleMunky)
              '78 J10: 258, 4 speed(T18), longbed, topper
              '01 Oldsmobile Sihouette
              Some dogs, a few fountain pens...and too many sewing machines...

Comment

Working...
              X