• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Need some MOPAR, 6 Pack help

I have a buddy that just bought a super beautiful 68 Roadrunner clone with a 440/Six pack. It runs stupid rich and needs a good carb tuning. He is a mechanical engineer and a super smart dude but has very little experience with Carb tuning. I recommended he take it to someone to dyno tune it since a 6 pack has soooooo many areas where faults, wear, and maladjustments can happen. I think if he had a single 4bbl on there, he could figure it out and it would run like a dream but a 6pack is a whole 'nother level. Problem is, I don't know of any shops that dyno tune MOPARs/6Packs.

Anyone here in the SoCal area know of a shop that specializes in this stuff (San Diego North to about Santa Maria, LA East to the IE)? I plan on calling some shops around here, too.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

Bob's Carburetor in Oceanside is only carb place around here that I know of.
    I have never needed to use them but did talk to the owner about installing bushings in a TBI with a loose throttle shaft.
    Seemed like an honest guy? Knew exactly what I was talking about and actually talked me out of it haha. Told me I was better off just finding a replacement.
    I have seen some very nice cars parked there at various times over the years.

There has to be some shops up in the LA area though??
    Google lists a bunch
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• chubbinius
      258 I6
      • Oct 31, 2018

Originally posted by babywag
      Bob's Carburetor in Oceanside is only carb place around here that I know of.
      I have never needed to use them but did talk to the owner about installing bushings in a TBI with a loose throttle shaft.
      Seemed like an honest guy? Knew exactly what I was talking about and actually talked me out of it haha. Told me I was better off just finding a replacement.
      I have seen some very nice cars parked there at various times over the years.

There has to be some shops up in the LA area though??
      Google lists a bunch
      I was just going to suggest Bob's Carbs in Oceanside too, Tony. It has a great reputation among some of my friends with older cars, especially ones with Scouts that need smogging. It has great Yelp reviews and is still family owned. It may be worth having him give them a call (760) 722-3119.
      1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
      -Dauntless 350 V8
      -D27 front/D44 rear
      2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

Copy that, guys. I will forward it along. I did a couple google searches and found some hits. Bkilby also recommened Westech where they film "Engine Masters" and some other Motortrend shows.
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
        X