• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pyro
    258 I6
    • Sep 15, 2012

Florida garage day?

Anyone interested in making a garage day/weekend here in the next month or so? Figured some wrenching would be a good reason to get everyone acquainted. Maybe somewhere here in tampa or lakeland so it's centralized.

If anyone wanted to make a weekend of it there are a ton of hotels 5 mins from my house.
    '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
    '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!
  • rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

I'm game for a Saturday! I'd like to meet all the FSJ and persons in Florida.

Comment

• JP
      Where horseshoes are not a game
      • Dec 12, 2012

I just realized you posted this. Im game. Got the usual something every weekend issues... but im game for end of the month.

Im going next week to look at a warehouse in the same area as Rockys. If it works out and I get my shop going maybe we can do a rotation type thing.

We do a rotating shop night with the blacksmith/farriers. We try to have a general project that everyone can work on so people can help one another and/or pass around tools that might not be common or used for anything other project.

Anyway...
      THIS RESTORATION WILL BE THE MOST DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE THING I HAVE EVER ATTEMPTED TO ACCOMPLISH HONEY, I SWEAR!!!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

83 Cherokee
      resto thread:
      http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=162358

Comment

• pyro
        258 I6
        • Sep 15, 2012

bump...anyone still interested in doing this? my new schedule allows for every other weekend off. i know there has to be more of us in the area, so lets get it set up!
        '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
        '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

Comment

• []V[]AXX
          350 Buick
          • Nov 10, 2009

I'm game for Sundays or Mondays. I live in Orlando, so I can drive out. I drive a route on Saturdays that doesn't put me back at the barn until about 23:00, so it effectively kills my usefulness on that day. Post up whatever you have along with a list of tools you might need if they're specialized, and I'll roll out.

Comment

• pyro
            258 I6
            • Sep 15, 2012

anyone want to do this still? i have a ton of little things to do. maybe in two weeks? july 20 or 21? i have gotten texts/PM's from people but nothing really specific. lets keep all the info in this thread to keep everyone on the same page.

you all are welcome at my house, but i know for orlando people thats a bit of a drive. anyone in lakeland have any interest in hosting this time around?

theres a ton of us (collectively), lets get this thing rolling!
            '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
            '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

Comment

• guitarsail
              232 I6
              • Mar 09, 2011

If there is someone in Lakeland who will host that would be awesome for us Orlando folk. Now that I fender gendered my jeep I need a WOT to get it fixed. I second July 20/21. I'm totally in for those dates. Anyone else make that happen too?

Comment

• []V[]AXX
                350 Buick
                • Nov 10, 2009

I can roll out on the 21st. I work on the 20th. Post it up with details, and I'll make plans to come out for the Sunday.

Comment

• JP
                  • Dec 12, 2012

"Dog House Forge" in lakeland... (got the hint Pyro, wouldnt want to get your scowl if I didnt...; ) ) would be glad to host a work day. Plenty of room for 3 Jeeps inside the shop and basicly limitless room in the parking area...

I would suggest folks bring a tool box of the smaller hand tools to keep them seperate. However there are plenty of tools, basic air tools/compressor, forge, saws, sanders, and fab stuff to use at the shop ... It might be wise to throw some jack stands or specialized tools in your rig if you know your project needs them...

Let me double check the calander tomorrow when I get back in the work truck, but I think the weekend of the 20/21st will be fine... Sundays are pretty much always a safe bet... so I vote the 21st... Im usually there around 9am untill 7pm

"Guitarsail"... I believe you have a forging session scheduled from a while back. Come swing the hammer!

Ok, so If we can collectivly agree on the 21st then it can be official...Ill be there all day anyway...

The shop is just off the Polk Parkway in east lakeland. P.M. me if your coming and ill send you directions... Its About 10 minutes from I-4...its also located less than 3 minutes from Rockys FSJ parts supply warehouse... (rocklawerence, I know your closed sunday but after church you better come by! I owe you 10$)

Allright, chime in and lets do this!

JP
                  THIS RESTORATION WILL BE THE MOST DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE THING I HAVE EVER ATTEMPTED TO ACCOMPLISH HONEY, I SWEAR!!!

83 Cherokee
                  resto thread:

Comment

• JP
                    • Dec 12, 2012

Originally posted by guitarsail
                    If there is someone in Lakeland who will host that would be awesome for us Orlando folk. Now that I fender gendered my jeep I need a WOT to get it fixed. I second July 20/21. I'm totally in for those dates. Anyone else make that happen too?

If your coming you should PM rocky with stuff you need to fix your truck.. Saves you trip and shipping/freight on larger stuff...

JP

83 Cherokee
                    resto thread:

Comment

• pyro
                      258 I6
                      • Sep 15, 2012

Woot!
                      '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
                      '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

Comment

• guitarsail
                        232 I6
                        • Mar 09, 2011

Double woot

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Great! Its finally coming together but I'm in Myaka all day Sunday. However, I can make sure that any parts you need can be there or with John for Sunday.
                          BTW, have you all seen our FSSR kit for our Jeeps?

Comment

• guitarsail
                            232 I6
                            • Mar 09, 2011

Hopefully Rocky can find the body panels I need to fix my banged up cherokee. If we can get the parts needed to fix this mess I'd be totally interested Rocky, in picking up the FSSR kit with Blocks. I don't want to lift the green monster but getting it up the normal height with the 2" would be awesome!

The hood is what I'll really need help getting swapped out. Of course slapping the FSSR kit on would be great too!
                            Last edited by guitarsail; 07-03-2013, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• pyro
                              258 I6
                              • Sep 15, 2012

yikes! that looks like it hurt.

my projects are as follows:
                              -cut speaker holes in my door panels (jonathan, i'll need to use yours as a makeshift stencil)
                              -vent window bar seals
                              -troubleshoot a/c
                              -troubleshoot driver's brakelight
                              -finetune carb
                              '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
                              '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

Comment

Working...
                              X