Rolled my Wag in Arizona-Donor body found -recovery video posted -post #318 for link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suzq044
    304 AMC
    • Dec 23, 2008

Well I hope that the spinal injury and rib aren't too painful of a healing process, although I know from experience they are painful. I'm sure you know this already, having been a month since the roll.

I think the hibernation theory is a good one; that's what I would do.
    Max²: 1964 Jeep Panel Wagoneer
    Planning Stages

2018 Wagoneer Rendering if you're interested.

Comment

• i don't know how the heck i missed all of this.... but so glad to see a bad situation turn out so well in the end.

glad to see flint, krista and luna are still with us.

Al
      79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
      99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
      07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

• Rod2
        327 Rambler
        • Apr 11, 2004

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
        Today I had my 4th set of Xrays done on the right side ribs at the chiropractor office and finally got a view of a clean break in the right rib on T11 about 1.5" from the vertebra. Looks like 3 months for healing. The spine above T11 is also S shaped from the injury.

It ONLY took a month to get a clear diagnosis.

This whole thing has just been crazy people. I think I should just hibernate this winter to heal.
        That sounds like a good idea. That way, you'll have plenty of time to plan your trip to ECI in June.
        Rod Skaggs
        '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

• Joe Guilbeau
          304 AMC
          • Apr 17, 2002

Today I had my 4th set of Xrays done on the right side ribs at the chiropractor office and finally got a view of a clean break in the right rib on T11 about 1.5" from the vertebra. Looks like 3 months for healing. The spine above T11 is also S shaped from the injury.

It ONLY took a month to get a clear diagnosis.

This whole thing has just been crazy people. I think I should just hibernate this winter to heal.
          Aloe Vera cocktails to heal, my friend... trust me on this. Run fresh plants thru a juicer and drink till you can't stand it anymore. Sweeten with Aguave Honey
          Joe Guilbeau<br />1983 Cherokee Laredo WT (SJ-17), 360/229/727/D44/D60 4.10 Gearing, 8-lug hubs, Edelbrock Performer w/EGR Intake, Mallory Unilite Series 47 Photo-Optic Infrared Trigger Vacuum Distributor, Mallory Surge Protector, Mallory Promaster Coil, Holley Pro-Jection TBI 502-Analog, FlowKooler High Output Water Pump, Staggered 4-Core Custom Industrial Radiator, HD Fan Clutch, Dual Electric Fans, CS130 Delco 105-Amp Alternator, Oil Bypass Mods at Rear of Block and Distributor Oiling, Superlift 4\" Suspension, Rancho RS5000\'s, Hi-Tech 31\" Re-Treads, Aero 33 Gal Tank w/Skid Plate, Custom Rear \"Longhorn\" Bumper

Comment

• fulsizjeep
            Señor Jackhead
            • Aug 21, 2002

Dear FSJ Friends

I have a medical update. The broken rib is slowly coming around. Healing and recovery process will take several more weeks. I have had a couple migraines in the past week which is always fun <not>. I am having orthoscopic surgery on my left knee next Thursday and should be back at work the following Tuesday. Thank goodness for that Monday MLK day off. They will go in for exploratory at first then cleanup cartlidge damage in both meniscus and also clean up the growing arthritis in the joint. It has been determined that the ACL damage is not from the rollover incident and goes back to the original injury in 1991 and again in 2003. Since I do not participate in agressive sports activities, I can live with the ACL tear because I have been. Besides, if they repair it, we are talking 4-6 months recovery vs. 4-6 weeks with the current plan. They say the knee will probably need to be replaced in 10-15 years anyways.

I am ready to feel better. Any time now is good with me.
            Flint
            Ran when parked.
            http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
            88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
            76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
            http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Brizio
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Apr 11, 2008

I hope everything works out fine!
              brizios.com
              Small Scale Jeeps
              Brizios

Comment

• will e
                Always Broke
                • Nov 16, 2001

Flint.. I will be pulling for ya!

I am concerned about the migraines you are experiencing. Did you have these before? You whacked that poor jack with your head pretty hard.
                82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• janie
                  • Aug 11, 2001

Hang in there Flint. It will get better. Promise. I know you've had issues with migraine's in the past. Have they gotten worse since the roll? Is it the constant roar of the 401's causing it?

If so, I can remedy that problem for you.

Seriously, may be time for a CT scan of your noggin. Big TX hugs sent your way.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

• will e
                    Always Broke
                    • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by janie
                    Seriously, may be time for a CT scan of your noggin.

Janie's right, get your head scanned. I, for one, am curious to see if they find ANYTHING...
                    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Keep your aluminium foil helmet on.

That's actually arthroscopic surgery. If you have any questions about how its done or what the equipment does, let me know. I have ~$1 or 2 mil of it sitting on the other side of the wall.
                      There's some pretty good Docs in Colorado. Lots of ski money there.
                      Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
                      Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

• janie
                        • Aug 11, 2001

Originally posted by will e
                        I, for one, am curious to see if they find ANYTHING...

Aw Flint, we wouldn't tease if we didn't love you so much. Take care of that noodle.
                        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                          Señor Jackhead
                          • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by janie
                          Seriously, may be time for a CT scan of your noggin. Big TX hugs sent your way.
                          I had a CT scan from the waist to the top of my head at the ER the day of the rollover. Thanks for the hugs!

Originally posted by will e
                          Janie's right, get your head scanned. I, for one, am curious to see if they find ANYTHING...
                          Well, if I remember right, they said they didn't find anything... But I think that was in reference to finding anything critical.

Originally posted by 710 Burner
                          Keep your aluminium foil helmet on.

That's actually arthroscopic surgery. If you have any questions about how its done or what the equipment does, let me know. I have ~$1 or 2 mil of it sitting on the other side of the wall.
                          There's some pretty good Docs in Colorado. Lots of ski money there.
                          Thanks Mark. It could be jethroscopic for all I know. I appreciate the clarification though. I had pre-op visit with the Dr's office and hospital yesterday. The Dr and the PA both explained in nice detail how the work is done. Amazing what they can do through 3 small holes in the knee!
                          Flint
                          Ran when parked.
                          http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                          76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                          http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Ristow
                            • Jan 20, 2006

dang Flint.....hope this turns around for you.
                            Originally posted by Hankrod
                            Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                            ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                            I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• The PIG Smith
                              King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

They say the knee will probably need to be replaced in 10-15 years anyways.
                              When you go to have this procedure completed, have them install a unit that is serviceable.

I am glad you a doing better and is my wish you continue to improve.

You know, it'll be hard to rack a server, switch or router when you are leaning on a cane.
                              But, hopeful by this time, you would own a VLAN Trunk Monkey to perform all the grunt work. hehehehe
                              Bryan Smith
                              2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                              - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
                              1986 Jeep J20
                              - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
                              1982 Jeep J10
                              - Has become a Long Term Project.
                              1981 Jeep J20
                              - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
                              1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
                              - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
                              ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
                              Originally posted by Lindel
                              Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

• jaber
                                Dragin Az
                                • Oct 17, 2003

I rolled a van in '96 and had a similar outcome. Since, I have an issue with my neck. If I see a chiropractor on a regular basis, I dont get them, but money being tight, I have them (head aches)when I get stressed out.

I'm pulling for you too.
                                Hows the replacement jeep progressing?
                                Jeff

'43 cj2a
                                '51 Willys p/u
                                '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
                                '68 Panel Delivery
                                '74 CJ5
                                '75 J-20 Wrecker
                                '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
                                '77 J-10 p/u
                                '79 Cherokee