International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 12-22-2002, 02:13 AM

I just finished replacing my ignition key lock in the steering columm,and noticed a crack in the plastic turn signal switch.It still works fine,but I'm sure it's only a matter of time till it breaks.The part is readily available,so thats not a problem.

Since I've never replaced this part before,I'd like to find the pitfalls and shortcuts before I start.Any suggestions????
turtle jim<br /><br />\'76 Wag 360,th400,qtrac daily driver<br />\'69 1414x former daily driver,now waiting for engine<br />\'70\'71\'74\'79 parts Wags<br />64 Wag and Plymouth diesel locomotive yard ornaments<br />I\'M NEITHER FOR,OR AGAINST,APATHY
Old 12-22-2002, 02:35 AM
Sloppy Shifter

It is available, it is just a GM switch. I consider it to be a Pain to change. I even used hand signals all summer once, to put off doing it. to cold in the winter so I had to fix it!!! Sigh month later I parted it out!!!!
Old 12-24-2002, 05:38 PM
Master Mechanic

Thumbs up

Motormite sells the plastic turn signal switch piece seperatly. I stumbled upon it in their catalog (if you don't have one of their catalogs you need to get one 1-800-336-3575). I ordered directly from a motormite wharehouse and saved big over buying from my local part store, and got it a week earlier. I 2 day shipped a part and still saved about 50% over the local part house.

One day I will fix the one on my J10(my daily driver) with the one from a part vehicle

P.J.