• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gambler68
    Rabble Rouser
    • Feb 29, 2004

Ouray 07 Vendor Charity Donation Thread

I figured it'd be a good idea to start a seperate thread for this. If you are a FSJ vendor or would like to sponsor a donation for a participant raffle, it looks like we're thinking of taking the profits and buying bricks for the Ouray Search and Rescue Building. Maybe 5-10 dollar tickets, I think it costs what, a $100 for a brick? So if we got some good 'prizes' hopefully even a small group (and we had at least 30 people last year, hopefully more this year) I think it'd be possible

I think it'd also be fun to have a free giveaway raffle seperate than that for people who show up, maybe smaller items (small gift certificates, stickers, tshirts, whatever).

BTW, I'm not handling this :P We have yet to figure out who is, and would be running the raffle/collecting the items. I'd suggest this would be a great thing for some of co-pilots to handle.

edit by Flint: I will handle this. If I fall down or something, I will pass it on to Jeepstress.
    Last edited by fulsizjeep; 02-23-2007, 06:16 AM. Reason: take it
    1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
    1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson .

• Tad
    • Nov 30, 2001

TT's is in, I'll make it worth 30 $10 tickets for the brick buying charity.
    I don't do the knick knack thing like shirts and stuff.
    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
      350 Buick
      • Jul 29, 2003

This is the place we got the brick from last year.

You can call Ouray Glass Works at 1-800-748-9421
      or go to ourayglassworks.com
      Or e-mail [email protected]
      Contacts are Sam or Diane Rushing

I will contact them to see if we can still get them there.

Ralph
      Last edited by Ralph Rogers; 02-19-2007, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
        350 Buick
        • Jul 29, 2003

Info on Ouray Mountan Rescue can be found here:

I just called them and they said bricking should be doen later this summer and it will not be too late to get bricks while we are there.

Ralph

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
          350 Buick
          • Jul 29, 2003

Just got this reply from an e-mail I sent to the above address:

hey ralph, sam here, you sure can and we thank you. go to our website at www.ouraymountainrescue and click on the old truck and it will take you to the building site page. we are pulling wires and putting in the heat and plumbing this spring and hope to wrap it up this summer. we will be renting out the top floor to activities and community meetings as well as other functions. we are really excited at the response from people such as yourself in helping us build this building so we can better serve the people of our area. back country activities are rising at an alarming rate as so are the unfortunate accidents. this is really going to be nice so that we can store all the equipment we need to cover all the different problems that we encounter. anyway, thanks for the inquiry and be safe. looking forward to your annual visit.

just sam

ouray mountain rescue

Comment

• fulsizjeep
            Señor Jackhead
            • Aug 21, 2002

I went ahead and contacted some of the vendors to see how much interest we have on this topic. We'll see where this goes and the Ouray S&R may just get a decent donation. I know if we really had a problem up there in the San Juans, I would be very grateful to get their help.

Like last year... What if we had needed serious medical extraction from the Corkscrew incident? I think everyone should be given the number for S&R before we leave KOA. Just in case.
            Flint
            Ran when parked.
            http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
            88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
            76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
            http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Don S
              • Feb 06, 2002

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
              Like last year... What if we had needed serious medical extraction from the Corkscrew incident? I think everyone should be given the number for S&R before we leave KOA. Just in case.
              Flint;

Very good idea! Oh! you might want to blank out where the Napa store is on the maps.
              I would like to add this article for those that missed it.

For Medical Emergency at Ouray
              Montrose Memorial Hospital, Hospital Departments, Emergency Room,
              (970) 240-7180, 800 S 3rd St, Montrose, CO 81401

The Hospital selections in the San Jaun Mountains are Durango and Montrose. For Emergency Room treatment of injuries Montrose is the closest to the following areas;
              Ouray, Ridgway, Rico, Telluride, Placerville, and from Silverton northward.

Real world experience has shown us that medical help arriving at a mishap on some trails is a very time consuming process. Even with a working cell phone, help could be an hour away and another hour or more to an Emergency Room. This article is not recommending moving a critically injured person, but to carefully analyze the whole situation (including possible insurance claims, accident reports and citations) in regard to getting Emergency Room assistance.

First aid; If you are driving on a trail, or for that matter anywhere, are you prepared? Is there a first aid kit and a blanket in your truck? Have you even read how to do CPR, apply a tourniquet, and the problems involved in moving a person with a spinal cord injury or punctured lung.

It is advisable to go wheeling on trails with more than one vehicle. You will want help if you are pinned in your rolled up truck. If you should get a compound bone fracture or a head laceration it would be nice to have another party to drive you out to medical help.

Is your "trail rig" covered by liability insurance? Who will pay for the medical treatment? A couple of quick photos taken of the wrecked vehicle and injured people could be of some value later. Items carried and not securely fastened down in the back of SUVs become lethal weapons during vehicle rollovers.
              In many cases rescue squads will issue citations (traffic tickets) to the driver for losing control and/or endangerment by driving in an unsafe area. The citation fines help the counties to pay for the rescue equipment.

NOTE! E. Main St is highway 50

Path: http://www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/files/1963-1983-Wagoneers/MontHosp1.jpg

NOTE! E. Main St is highway 50

Path: http://www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/files/1963-1983-Wagoneers/MontHosp2.jpg

Thanks to Jason Thomas France for being a great FSJ host.

Have a good one while you can still laugh about it.. Don S..
              PS.. Are you carrying a fire extinguisher
              Sold our 1976 Wagoneer 406, MC4300, TH400, QT, TruTrac, 2" lift, 31x10.50s, duel Optimas,
              It?s took us over 161 Colorado Mountain Passes, 3 Jeep Jamboree USAs & 2 Ouray Invasions from 1985 to 2010
              ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS HERE

Comment

• ColeTrickle
                360 AMC
                • Nov 13, 2000

Good info Don S. I'll be saving that number to my cell now so I hopefully won't have to use them later.
                J-trucks with Brows RULE!!!

Comment

• zmjeeps
                  304 AMC
                  • Jun 14, 2000

Z&M Jeeps is in. We could donate an HEI distributor to the raffle and maybe a set of rocker panels if you wanted. Also, some $25 gift certs for the give away. When you guys buy the brick, does your name go on it or ???
                  Last edited by zmjeeps; 02-23-2007, 06:37 AM.
                  Zack Heisey
                  Z&M Jeeps
                  419.893.4JEEP (4533)
                  www.zmjeeps.com
                  [email protected]

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

Zack - Your offer for the dizzy alone is generous. Thanks! Though I would be buying tickets for rockers too.

This is for the new S&R building in Ouray. They offer to put your name or something on a brick used on the outside of the building. Last year the brick purchase included 2006 Ouray FSJ Invasion on it. We could ask for the vendor names to be used this year. If the response is big enough, maybe 2 or 3 bricks could be purchased. One with 2007 Ouray FSJ Invasion and the others with vendor names. Up for discussion...
                    Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 29, 2003

I think vendor names and a general one, like FSJ Ouray 2007 or something, would be good. If there isn't enough money, for a buch of them, a general one and one that has all the vendors names would be good.

I think it is great that people are donating stuff, and that people are excited about doing this.

Ralph

Comment

• Gambler68
                        Rabble Rouser
                        • Feb 29, 2004

way to go!
                        1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                        1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                        The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                        Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• janie
                          • Aug 11, 2001

JBL Dexron Garage will donate 3 fire extinguisher's to the raffle.
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

• shimniok
                            360 AMC
                            • Jan 08, 2003

Door lock springs

I don't know if I'm a "vendor" but I could make up a couple sets of the hand wound door lock springs if ya want? Kind of cheapo but... ?

Michael
                            Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
                            1986 Grand Wagoneer "Troubled Child" ? tc.wagoneer.org ? Facebook ? KØFSJ
                            Stock 360, TBI, 727 with TransGo, NP208, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MT, WT Axles, Lock Right & ARB, OBA

Comment

• RiverRat
                              327 Rambler
                              • Aug 09, 2006

Bryan and I were talking about donating something. Not sure what though, a gift certificate would be easy.... Nothing too big, but it is for a worthy cause and we'd like to contribute. Maybe just something for the free raffle? We have lots of Ford parts you guys are sure to love . One of us will post up once we figure it out.
                              BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
                              (I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

Working...
                              X