X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tad
    • Nov 30, 2001

Power Seats + or -

Has anyone upgraded an older wag to one with the mid 80's power seats?
    Do they bolt right in?
    Is getting them wired up hard?
    Pitfalls & hardsips?
    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
  • Blackjack
    304 AMC
    • May 15, 2001

Funny, I was going to ask the same question. I've got a line on acouple of mint leather seats from a wag for my J20 and was wondering about the power feature. Was figuring to power them up and set em and leave em. Took my bench seat out the other day and the other bolt holes needed are there and plugged. Should be a direct bolt in.
    Marc
    Marc<br /><b>343 W6</b> <br /><br />You can\'t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline-it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa<br /><br />You\'re a feminist? aww isn\'t that cute........

Comment

• Tad
      • Nov 30, 2001

GFD,
      Good to know the holes are there, hadn't thought to much about that. Any body done this, can we just power them up by grounding them and running some power to make sure they work?
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Comment

• 64Trvlr
        Traveler
        • Nov 28, 2000

I have power seats from a Ford Exploder in my Jeep. All I had to do was modify the bracket, drill some new holes and wire them up. I ran a 10 ga wire from the battery to a circut breaker then to the seats, grounded the seats and they work great. In my opinion this is one of the best upgrades I've made, nice comfortable seats.......
        41 MB<br />46 CJ-2A 307,T90,D18,27,44,4:27\'S<br />64 Traveler, 350,sm465,np205,44\'s w/4:88\'s, spool, 34X9.50 TSL\'s,3\" factory lift, Line-x interior, PS, Dual Optima\'s, custom overhead console,Warn XD900i,custom bumpers<br /><a href=\"http://images.andale.com/f2/116/106/4651773/1009696569938_64trvlrconsolegrp.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Overhead C

STOLEN! Dana 300 Twin Stick

Comment

• Tad
          • Nov 30, 2001

Thanks 64, I'm picking them up a week from tomorrow, I want to power them up prior to mounting them to make sure they work. If not I can just rebuild the other Chero buckets but it would be real nice to have some comfort going into this thing soon.
          PS, 64, the drive shaft came back yesterday from Precision, $120 to replace both joints and lengthen, all new tube and balanced to 3600 rpm.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
          EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Comment

• BIG BAD JON
            4-Wheel Drive Junky
            • Jan 20, 2002

That would be pretty cool! Ive got an extra set of power seats from the G-Wag Im parting out. First Im going to switch passenger side bases since the passenger side of my jeep has no controls and the motors are gone. Then Ill let my friend have the rest for his Honcho
            FSJ-Less...

Comment

• irbob
              360 AMC
              • Apr 11, 2000

Going to snag the power seats outa the parts rig sooooon! Waiting for the passenger side switch to get hear that I got off ebay. What I don't know is how hard it would be to take the mechanism out and put it in my seats which are in better shape. Probly just need to look at them to figure it out.
              Bob
              83 Wagoneer Brougham (Rolled) Woooof
              83 Wagoneer Limited (Parts Rig) Woooof II

Comment

• Marvin Gates
                304 AMC
                • Oct 22, 2001

I put a set of power leather seats out of a 90 GW in my 75 wag, its a piece of cake. I just ran a wire from the fuse block on a 25 amp fuse and they work perfect. Also put a set of non power buckets in my J10. The junk yards up here have very low prices, I paid $16 for a almost perfect set of power buckets, and $18 for the matching back seat.
                I'm also putting the power mirrors from the GW on the 75 Wag (creature comforts). You might have to drill a different hole for the power seat brackets cause the are shorter than the brackets on the bench seat but its not a big deal. MG
                You will like the results,very comfy
                Regards Marv
                #1881 just for the record.
                FSJeepless for a short time.
                Need a J10 tho.

Comment

The power unit for powerseats removes very easily. The seat itself is bolted to the power mechanism with 4 bolts. Seat comes off easily. You could put any seat on the power mechanism. All easy to do.
                  Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
                  Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• Lindel
                    Perfesser of Jeepology
                    • Jun 15, 2000

Right on, Crazy!! I did just that in my 79, using the seat mounts out of my dearly departed 87, shortly before her internment.

I had to cut out the hole in the sheet metal, and vinyl, for the seat controls, but that was relatively easy, and the wiring was also easy. I ran to the battery, (actually the starter selinoid) with an inline fuse, no sweat.

I'm fixing to go back to the stock mounts, but only because I'm upgrading the seats, and will no longer need the power feature. (I was trying to live with the "broken back, and fall over syndrome", that Cherokee WT's seem to suffer from)

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: Lindel ]</p>
                    Jeep Grounds
                    RRV Homepage
                    Texas Full Size Jeep Association
                    1987 Grand Wagoneer
                    AMC 360/TF727/NP229
                    1999 Wrangler Sport
                    4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

• jeepbob
                      Jeep Idiot
                      • Jan 16, 2001

Ford Taurus power seats are easily fitted to Jeep nonpower brackets using the power units built in the seats and they have power lumbar support. I put a set in my CJ but could have put them in the Wag with no problems.
                      65 wag. with a bunch of stuff done and more happening.<br /><br />\"If the local junkyard calls you for Jeep parts, you might be a redneck\".... and yes they do!

Comment

Working...
                      X