• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matthew W. Woodruff
    327 Rambler
    • Nov 13, 2002

Another trim question -- tailgate

When I replaced the tailgate weatherstipping this weekend, I noticed a line of holes along the inner top edge of the tailgate. Looks like they were filled with clear silicone at some point.

Is there some trim piece that goes on the inside of the tailgate, above where the carpet ends and where the inner weatherstrip begins?
    Matthew W. Woodruff<br />[email protected]<br />1989 Grand Wagoneer \"Laredo\"<br /><br />What works: tailgate window, rear wiper/washer, power windows, A/C, temp and compass, seat belt buzzer, fog lights, cruise control<br /><br />What doesn\'t: gas gauge, remote door locks, rear window defroster, cigar lighter
  • DanH
    232 I6
    • Aug 10, 2002

There a thick plastic molding that screws on. It protects the edge of the rear glass from damage when in the down position. A very reasonable 98.00 at the dealer (ask me how I know [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and must be painted to match your interior.

Comment

• clarkja
      232 I6
      • Jul 31, 2002

Danh, you wouldn't happen to have that p/n would you?

James
      90 grand wagoneer<br />edelbrock intake/1406 carb<br />summit k8600 cam <br />hei<br />k&n in stock housing

Comment

• Matthew W. Woodruff
        327 Rambler
        • Nov 13, 2002

Thanks. I can *never* pay the dealer too much for plastic parts. And if you have that part number ...
        Matthew W. Woodruff<br />[email protected]<br />1989 Grand Wagoneer \"Laredo\"<br /><br />What works: tailgate window, rear wiper/washer, power windows, A/C, temp and compass, seat belt buzzer, fog lights, cruise control<br /><br />What doesn\'t: gas gauge, remote door locks, rear window defroster, cigar lighter

Comment

• billyrb
          BJ's Off-Road
          • Aug 15, 2001

I can get it for you cheaper, as I have an arrangement with a dealer. Let me contact him and get you the part number & price. If you don't hear back from me today, email me at [email protected]
          BJ's Off-Road
          [email protected]
          Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• DanH
            232 I6
            • Aug 10, 2002

Sorry no part # as I still dont have one either. I refuse to pay that much for a piece of plastic. The original was molded in color as well so I dont know how much painting would have tacked on to the total cost to replace. I guess im just cheapif any one has a less expensive alternative please let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X