• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich88
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Nov 20, 2008

Broke rear shackle mount

I suddenly starting hearing a strange "croaking" sound from the back and it started to handled funny on turns.

My left rear spring shackle mount has torn away from the frame due to corrosion & one good ride down a bumpy road. The croaking is from the shackle assembly rubbing on the body floor as I go over bumps.

Looks like die-grinding, burning & and welding time.

Q: Anyone know if rear shackles mounts are purchase-able from any place, or does one have to be fabricated from scratch?
    Jeepasaurus (Wagonus Grandi quadropedus)
    88 GW 360-.030 over/2150/727/229/Posi, e-pump, AC (broke), tow package, Monroe Air Shocks, TFI, CTO-Free, AIR-free, oil & tranny coolers, dried knuckle blood all over, GM 350 TBI in a box, waiting...
    "You're an FSJ'r when the parts guys memorize your name, phone & credit card#."
  • Elliott
    Cowboy Up
    • Jun 22, 2002

They were available as NOS up until not too long ago, good luck finding one... but I do have a nice set I cut off a very clean frame. I was thinking of sending them to Zack at ZM Jeeps for reproduction, but if you are in a hurry I'd sell you one or two of the aft mounts for the rear spring.
    *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
    ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• Mudwolf
      232 I6
      • Feb 21, 2009

Originally posted by Elliott
      They were available as NOS up until not too long ago, good luck finding one... but I do have a nice set I cut off a very clean frame. I was thinking of sending them to Zack at ZM Jeeps for reproduction, but if you are in a hurry I'd sell you one or two of the aft mounts for the rear spring.
      Do you still have the rear mounts?
      '78 Waggy: 3" lift, 32's, Rebuilt 360, For Sale
      '93 YJ7 ('79 front grill conversion) on 38's
      '95, '96 and '98 XJ's on 31's.
      '01 Wrangler on 32's.
      '89 Comanche

"It's all about Jeeps"!!!

Comment

Working...
      X