So Cal / Arizona Meet, Greet, and Run...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Metal Twister
    350 Buick
    • Oct 20, 2008

So Cal / Arizona Meet, Greet, and Run...

We have about 15 FSJ's here in South So Cal that get together and do some wheeling once in a while. We know our back yard fairly well and we cant wait for it to cool a little so we can get back out to the desert and play. I would like to meet some Arizona FSJ'ers and do a weekend with you guys. Maybe a Adventure Sight seeing kinda trip. I know it's the same ole stuff for you, you see it all the time.

In return for your efforts our so cal group can host a weekend for you guys and show ya around our back yard? Sound interesting at all? Thinking maybe mid to late October Might be a cool enough while still giving us enough time to get it planned? Any takers.... Or other Ideas?
    Last edited by Metal Twister; 07-31-2010, 11:35 AM.

• Chief Gunner
    327 Rambler
    • Mar 10, 2006

Sounds like a great idea to me. With all the off road opportunities between So Cal and AZ, this could be an awesome event. If we get enough intrest, maybe turn it into a quarterly event alternating between AZ and So Cal. Yet another great opportunities for FSJ'ers to get to know each other and show all those baby jeepers what a real Jeep can do.
    The War Wagon: 1986 GW- SOA/SF on 33X12.50's, 360/727/NP228, CS 144 Alt, OBA
    Wife's DD: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

My carbon foot print is bigger than your's.
    WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
      Cherokee Outlaw
      • Jan 10, 2006

I just got out here a month ago and have never really been out of Illinois before so Id love to see some cool stuff around here.
      -Jonny B.
      1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
      7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
      AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
      NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
      F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
      R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
      1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
      1979 Wagoneer - Sold
      1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• Chief Gunner
        327 Rambler
        • Mar 10, 2006

There are some guys that are gonna run Pancake ROck here in San DIego on Friday. I would join them, but I am gonna start my trans removal for some much needed leak fixes. I don't think there will be any FSJs on this run, but our group has about 5 or 6 FSJs. The guys running Friday evening are a good bunch of guys. I am not sure if it is too far for you, but if your interested, PM me and I will get you more details.

WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• will e
          Always Broke
          • Nov 16, 2001

I like the idea. There has to be some good wheel'n between us. Or maybe the Dunes?
          82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Metal Twister
            350 Buick
            • Oct 20, 2008

The Chocolate Mountains just north and east of the dunes sounds interesting to me and Ive never been there? Ive heard there are some interesting things to see in them there parts.
            Last edited by Metal Twister; 08-02-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Josh D
              360 AMC
              • Jan 17, 2002

I like the idea as well. Biggest problem is agreeing on a trail that suits the various level of builds. I'm resigned to only doing up to moderate trails in the J-truck out of preservation. Anything harder and I'm in the YJ, which kind of defeats the purpose of going on an FSJ run. Then we have a few out here with mostly stock trucks that don't do much more difficult than fire roads, and others that are built for rock crawling.

What level of trails are you thinking?
              '71 J2000 Gladiator
              '95 YJ on Waggy axles
              '80 911 Super Carrera

Comment

• Metal Twister
                350 Buick
                • Oct 20, 2008

Maybe the way to go about it is to advertise a Go Easy run the first time and see what the levels of rigs are that show up. Once we see who all shows and what they are capable of we could go more difficult from there if appropriate. I for one would enjoy seeing some new country and meeting some new FSJ friends.

A cross country dirt road run wouldn't be bad ONCE. LOL

Or find an area that has different skill levels close by... we could do a meet and greet, split up and do our skill level run and meet back up in at the meet up spot for Burgers or Breakfast depending on if its a night run or day run?

And for the record, in my mind it doesn't matter if ya have a Jeep, Toyota, or Unimog... There is room for everyone. But the FSJ should be in front dust free if its a FSJ run. LOL

We have a great local So Cal group that is non rig specific but with a good FSJ showing. Im only directing you to this forum to show you what the So Cal wheeling is like if your not familiar with it.
                This is where we hang when its not all about FSJ's. http://www.socalultimate4x4.com/inde...board,6.0.html
                Last edited by Metal Twister; 08-05-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Tad
                  • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by will e
                  I like the idea. There has to be some good wheel'n between us. Or maybe the Dunes?
                  Like at the big river?
                  I'd be up for something like that when it's not frying bacon outside.

For me:
                  October is 'Cruces
                  November is the Flint and Krista run

Nothing really on the table yet except for those.
                  2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                  EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                  Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Chief Gunner
                    327 Rambler
                    • Mar 10, 2006

Nothing says it has to be a difficult run. Just getting out with fellow FSJers and exploring off the beaten path is just as much fun as trying to run the hammers. I think it would be great to meet up somwhere, maybe Yuma or anywhere else close to the middle and do an easy run and go from there. The difficulty level will work itself out on it's own. To me, I would just love to meet some other IFSJA Jeep owners and explore part of the Country that I don't get to see too often.

WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• Metal Twister
                      350 Buick
                      • Oct 20, 2008

Kinda of a Crap Shoot with the weather... It cools off here mid to late October with Halloween the unspoken official opening of desert season. Not sure but maybe shoot for the weekend of the 22,23, & 24th of October. Find somewhere close to the the River and we could even do some fishing on our down time, or if it is a little warm still we have a swimming hole. Does that date miss your Cruces run Tad?
                      Last edited by Metal Twister; 08-05-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Tad
                        • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Metal Twister
                        ...Does that date miss your Cruces run Tad?
                        It does but not by enough (October 28-31st) to make it workable, there's a lot of prep that goes into 'Cruces, really any multi-day run, at least for me/my rig.
                        But you folks figure out a date and if it works I'll try to make it.

Em is actually from Yuma, when she gets back from NY I'll see what she remembers about the area, if anything, since that was 30+ years ago.
                        2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                        Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Metal Twister
                          350 Buick
                          • Oct 20, 2008

Im not sure where you guys are in Az but saw this and thought it might be a cool place to visit... http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/ad...ure/index.html

Quartzite is about 15 miles from the river? Just thinking out loud here. Any one know this place?

Comment

• Chief Gunner
                            327 Rambler
                            • Mar 10, 2006

Looking at the pictures, that would be an awesome trip. Seems like there is a lot to explore and see out there.

WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• vintagetrks
                              304 AMC
                              • May 01, 2009

Would you guys be intrested in a place like Sedona or Prescott? Hard or mild trail?
                              New Full Size Jeep Nut

I'm just a washed up old has been, Army guy.
                              My opinions are outdated... After all, what have I done lately? I used to be somebody "A SOLDIER!"

04 Jeep Wrangler "Lil Ninja" 32's 2in lift swaybar disconnects
                              90 Grand Wagoneer "Big Mama"

Comment

Working...
                              X