X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RkyMtnH
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 27, 2010

Took out all the carpet, seats and seat belts. Cut the floors pans out of front driver and pass side. Started to cut d/s rocker panel out. Pulled the plugs and wires out of the 360. Air cleaner had soo much junk on it, it was scary, so I tossed it. Had to cut the exhaust off. Because someone had tied it one with some thick wire to hold it on .
    78 Cherokee Chief S 360 D44 front and rear
    87 MJ Pretty much stock
    89 YJ 4 in lift, getting the D44 swap

Comment

• Dr. Marneaus
      360 AMC
      • Jun 16, 2010

Wheeled the crap out of it!!!!!
      Last edited by Jeepstress; 09-27-2010, 06:45 PM.
      Originally posted by FSJunkie
      Dr. Marneaus is now officially my idol.
      The Mag - The Wag

The Beast Build Thread:Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread
      1973 Wagoneer - 1987 360 w/ factory 4bbl - TH400 - D20 - D30/D44

Comment

• davidrodriguez6769
        232 I6
        • Mar 09, 2010

pulled a 2009 chevy tahoe out of the mud,and the a 2002 honda oddessy out of the same hole,some people just dont pay attention
        1980 J10/360 woodstock

Comment

• HD_JEEP
          350 Buick
          • Oct 28, 2008

Cleaned up my engine bay

A little spit shine for Hot Pants.

91 Grand Wagoneer "Final Edition"
          DeWooded
          6 inch Hellcreek lift.
          Rhino Grill
          BFGoodrich MT T/A KM2 33X10.5. R15
          Offenhauser Dual Port 360 Intake
          Holley 600cfm

If are not living on the Edge you are taking up to much room.
          ##########
          '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172261

Comment

• 91G-Dub
            360 AMC
            • Aug 21, 2004

Sat I drove 175 miles round trip to buy a cap for the bed of the Junkyard Dog. Didn't buy it because the cap was an 8 footer and my bed is only 7. My fault for not asking the question before the drive. D@mned shame too, the cap was a great deal and in very good shape.
            Sunday I cleaned out the accumulated dirt, sand, sticks and leaves from the floorboards that was flying around the cab during my trip on Sat. Decided to install a CB radio and as usual I broke something while doing that so I have yet another thing on the to-do-list. I tried to use the ground on the back of the voltmeter as a ground for the CB. Broke the stud off and now have to get a new voltmeter. If it isn't one thing it's another with the Junkyard Dog. CB is in and wiring is hooked up. Have to install the antenna and get it tuned.
            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
            1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
            It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• MischiefMan
              232 I6
              • Sep 15, 2008

Replaced the battery, checked that fuel was still flowing to the carb, drove it for 10 feet before it died. I was hoping to avoid dropping the tank, but from the looks of the fuel that was being pumped out I'm going to have to. Ah well, one part closer to it being "showroom new" I suppose.
              '78 Cherokee
              Old School Cool

Comment

• Rompn
                350 Buick
                • Dec 30, 2000

So far this weekend I got the rest of the main wiring hooked up under the hood on the Chevy 350 swap. Don't have fuel lines hooked up or a radiator but I bumped the engine over just enough that the starter engaged the flywheel. Went out and bought the remaining pieces I needed for the fuel system. Hoping to find some time tomorrow to install it all. Also brought home the 10 & 12 bolt axles to throw under the Jeep until the 14bolt/Dana 60 are done. Not only being wider than W/T axles but they also have 4.56 gears and the rear has a locker. Should work for the time being.
                Patrick
                INNOVATIVE FABRICATIONS

Comment

• ChiefEd
                  232 I6
                  • Sep 15, 2010

got the air injection system back up and working.
                  loosened up the mounting bolts holding the electric powered actuator for the back window. It now works well. PO had the bolts WAY too tight and it was binding.
                  Stripped off the rest of the beat headliner.
                  shop vaced the entire interior from top to bottom.
                  Made an entry key by hand with a triangle file using the drivers door lock cylinder as a guide, then replicated said key on my key machine.
                  Fixed the drivers door catch cams spring, so now the door actually closes.
                  tuned the carburator and adjusted the timing using a vacuum gauge. The engine now runs like BUTTAh!
                  Moved Ed closer to the garage so I dont have to walk so far to get tools.
                  Did a diagnostic on the gauges because my fuel works intermittently, my temp and oil pressure not at all, and the speedometer was not even hooked up!
                  Located a number of plugs in the wiring that seem to have no use whatsoever, and conversly found that my defroster switch bank HAS no plugs to go to it...
                  Continued to excise rust from the body, which is turning out to be a bit worse than I originally thought.
                  Took the spare tire (COMPLETELY BALD) out from under the rear, because thats NOT where Ill be carrying it. The rim is one big sheet of rust....
                  Started prepping interior panels for use as templates for the ones Im going to make.
                  Cleaned the underside with Engine Brite, then Gunk, between sprays with a pressure washer. I can now actually see the transfer case and tranny and oil pan and so forth... (30 years of grime is ALOT)
                  Tightened down the valve covers because the PO not only installed the left one on the right side and the right one on the left side, but also didnt torque down the bolts at ALL! Every single one was not even hardly finger tight. and oil was spattering about everywhere and smokin up the place...
                  Checked the fuel and water pumps for proper operation, and found a nice little electric unit mounted to the frame but not hooked up at all...
                  took the fuel filter off the vent line where theyd put it and installed it correctly. It now is actually filtering the fuel.
                  finished stripping the chrome rain gutter trim off, more rust underneath.... bleah...
                  Pushed the roof back up where someone had put too much weight. Luckily it popped right back into shape with a little foot pressure from underneath..
                  took the silly useless roof rack completely off. Its up for grabs if any one wants it, price of shipping gets it.
                  Took the grill off (Eds a 78 two door) Razor?? dunno, but its also up for grabs but for a price or trade for a Rhino and some cash if necessary...
                  Marked the inner "Light" Holes for reception of my big round KC offroad lights Im goin to mount in em..
                  Checked the entire transmission cooling system for leaks,kinks,clogs,cracks, ect... Looks ok
                  adjusted the drive belts tighter, and added a homefab mounting rod to the air pump where someone had taken the stock one off... Air pump dont wally around NEARLY as much now.
                  WHEEE fun fun FUN!

And that was just TODAY.
                  EDWARD! EVER EDWARD!

Comment

• John Huebner
                    232 I6
                    • Mar 15, 2002

Well....continued the painting work...and I am NOT a happy camper. I believe my hood is CURSED. The Duplicolor "Perfect match" clearcoat is, to be polite, (censored). I can NOT get a consistent wet look with this (censored). Going to try and switch over to the Duplicolor Truck & SUV Clear Coat, I've had good luck with that in the past. But, there is new basecoat and a single coat of clearcoat on the roof now, any color is better than "peeling off white clearcoat, IMHO. (OK, maybe not pink).

On a more positive note, I got the Sunpro gauge pack installed (Oil Pressure, Coolant Team and Volts) installed. I used the white face 2" gauges, and painted the holder using SEM Burgundy paint to paint the gauge holder (FYI, the SEM Burgundy paint is a GREAT match for those of us with the Cordovan (burgundy) interior!
                    ) Will post pics later. (And yes, I used Copper tubing and NOT the nylon tube for the oil pressure). Only thing left to do is wire up the gauge lights to the interior lights. I have just a hair under 20PSI at hot idle, and the coolant temp has not gone higher than 195 or so with the new aluminum evil-bay radiator. For anyone who is contemplating installing gauges (at least on late model waggies), there's a nice pass-through the firewall on the passenger side, about 2 inches above the carpet line on the interior. The hole is only about 7/16", you'll need to open it up to about 3/4" to clear the mechanical gauge sensor for the coolant temp...there is a plastic plug in the hole you'll need to drill out. It exits into the engine bay about four inches below the blower motor assy. Last problem I have to figure out is where to tap into the light circuit (easily) to wire the gauge lights in...
                    John Huebner
                    1989 GrandWag ~ Dino
                    1989 YJ Wrangler ~ The Mistress

Current Jeep Status:
                    Running!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I looked at it and pondered....
                      Then I went inside and looked at the pile of parts and pondered.....
                      Pondering can wear a guy out..

Tomorrow I will ponder some more and then all hell will break loose as 3 Jeeps step back out on the road one step at a time. If I install all the bought parts my livingroom/diningroom and basement would be empty.
                      Tom Gibson
                      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                      1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                      2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• lost1
                        350 Buick
                        • Sep 21, 2008

Originally posted by HOOT
                        If I install all the bought parts my livingroom/diningroom and basement would be empty.
                        ...and then what would happen with all that empty space?

I too pretty much just pondered. Made a few phone calls, double-checked the budget, adjusted an itinerary, and heard my wallet make an audible sigh.

(at least I think it was my wallet.)
                        Originally posted by Locked and Loaded
                        Jeeps don't get stuck. People do.
                        <══════════════════════════════>
                        Let the good times roll!
                        '83 Wagoneer«» 401/TF727/3:31 AMC20

Comment

• SmokinIdahoan
                          230 Tornado
                          • Sep 21, 2010

Installed some Hella's tonite - b-r-i-g-h-t litghts
                          Matt DuCharme
                          1969 Cj5 V6 (Sold)
                          1978 Cherokee Chief (WIP/DD)

Comment

• Grenadiers
                            258 I6
                            • Jan 02, 2003

Thats funny!

Originally posted by HOOT
                            I looked at it and pondered....
                            Then I went inside and looked at the pile of parts and pondered.....
                            Pondering can wear a guy out..

Tomorrow I will ponder some more and then all hell will break loose as 3 Jeeps step back out on the road one step at a time. If I install all the bought parts my livingroom/diningroom and basement would be empty.
                            Unicef Foster Child sponsored by a Canadian Family
                            1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, excellent original condition.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                              Señor Jackhead
                              • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by Grenadiers
                              Thats funny!
                              LMAO! X2
                              We could prolly make at least one more FSJ with all the crap we have in the basement.

Since we have a pile of them, I slapped another rear bumper on Wally.
                              Last edited by Jeepstress; 09-26-2010, 11:47 AM.
                              Flint
                              Ran when parked.
                              http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                              88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                              76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                              http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• jsinajeep
                                304 AMC
                                • Nov 26, 2005

I started to strip part off the 77 to see what to keep and what to sale.
                                http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

Working...
                                X