• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mountainvice
    232 I6
    • Aug 08, 2000

Vent windows and security

Does anybody have an idea on how to make these windows more 'secure'? I know they make locks for these things, but a simple pry with a screwdriver will enable a potential thief to have easy access to your interior. I had my cd deck stolen out of my Wag a couple of years ago because of the easy entry through my vent window. I am now ready to install another deck but I want to make sure the beast is somewhat secure. Any ideas?
    1983 Wagoneer Limited- Stk 360, TF727,NP208, 4" Superlift, 33 12.5's Hankook MT's, Magnafow exhaust system,Wilderness rack, Rhino grille, Herculinered interior, hula girl.
  • kyjman
    Banned
    • Apr 04, 2001

Leave your doors unlocked....let them take what they want and replace it. This will keep you from having to replace windows that are getting hard to find. Just dont put anything in there that you cant live without. No matter what kind of devices you install, if someone sees something they want in your car they will find a way to get it.

Comment

• graham
      350 Buick
      • Apr 29, 2000

Mig welder ... just a thought
      Graham
      Lifes to short ..... eat dessert first.

'82 Cherokee Sportsman II,360, auto. As it rolled of the Show Room floor. Except for; LPG conversion, On board air, O2 sensor, rear shackle flip and extended front shackles....Dual batteries on the way Model T timing.
      Bearhunters Home Page

Comment

• andy d
        Shade Tree Shaman
        • May 06, 2000

in the "help" section of auto parts stores , they used to sell these clip on gizmos that would lock the fly window shut. my fly window problem is the opposite i need to find a way to tighten up the pivot so the slipstream dosent close it.
        \'88 gwag,pure stock

Comment

• oldyellowwagoneer
          350 Buick
          • Jun 27, 2001

Originally posted by andy d:
          ... my fly window problem is the opposite i need to find a way to tighten up the pivot so the slipstream dosent close it.
          Jeeps don't go fast enough to have a "slipstreem".......................
          just kidding. Take off your door panel and look up towards the vent window, if you're lucky all you will have to do is tighten the nut on that shaft pointing down. If your unlucky you'll need to remove the nut and replace the spring on the shaft.If you're REALLY unlucky the shaft will twist off when you try either of the above. good luck, Dennis
          ?Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your *** off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.? Henry Rollins

Comment

• andy d
            Shade Tree Shaman
            • May 06, 2000

thanks scoutgrl. now i know where to look
            \'88 gwag,pure stock

Comment

• JBurke
              232 I6
              • Mar 14, 2002

replace the wing window with a fixed window, only way to open those is to break the glass ... which someone will do anyway if they really like your cd deck....
              ---------<br />80 Wagoneer - rhino style<br />360, stock + TFI<br />bestop seats, 31 BFGs

Comment

Working...
              X